Rymdkapsel, the game the guys had trouble pronouncing

BioSpock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BioSpock

I was lucky enough to get a free copy from the developer who was giving some away on Reddit, and was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Part of this came from a lack of enthusiasm for PlayStation Mobile. I think that sentiment is probably shared, even by us desperate Vita owners, so I just wanted to mention the game here since one of the guys on last week's Bombcast seemed positive on it but didn't really talk about it that much. I worry that it would be overlooked because its a Mobile game. It costs $5.

I also did an interview with the Swedish developer, Matin Jonasson (aka grapefukt), which if you want to read you can find here.

No Caption Provided

From grapefrukt's (the dev) post on The Playstation Blog:

A year ago, I started making a game about a space station. I wanted to make a game that had all the fun parts of an RTS but none of the fiddly, stressful bits. The more I removed, the better the game became and that’s how Rymdkapsel came into being.

Rymdkapsel is a game about building your station; imagine a real time strategy game where you don’t have to worry about ever leaving the cozy comforts of your home base.

It’s not all smooth sailing though, when your base grows bigger as does your need for space and resources. All this expansion will surely attract the attention of the dreaded enemy. This leaves you with the task of balancing your quest for expansion with the safety of a small, tight, structure.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By rorie

Lame.

BioSpock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not if you are a Vita owner looking for something to play.

I forgot to mention it was a honorable mention for best design at this years IGF. The winner, ironically, was FTL.

BigDaddyTool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Shane Bettenhausen has been talking this one up on Twitter a bunch. If I had a Vita I'd be all over it. As it is I'm probably going to be waiting for the iOS version.

Yodasdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

It's pretty good, but replayability is limited. Once you've figured it out and gotten the 4 monoliths researched, it's just survival till you die. Glad I got it for free, I really like the visual design, but there's not a lot to it.