#1 Posted by bartok (2467 posts) -

He is a really good actor and Seven Psychopaths comes out soon so he could promote that. I don't know how he feels about video games but I thought he gave a great performance in the movie Moon. What do you guys say?

#2 Posted by handlas (2675 posts) -

eh what... he's on the bombcast? What? I can't wait to listen to it tomorrow then.

Sam Rockwell is a great actor. The Assassination of Jesse James, Moon, Joshua.... loved him in all those.

#3 Posted by Dagbiker (6966 posts) -

I can only account for what occurs on this base.

#4 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

nice, subtle trolling is the best trolling

#5 Posted by GeneralZod37 (260 posts) -

Obvious troll got my hopes up.

#6 Posted by handlas (2675 posts) -

Why I outta

#7 Posted by believer258 (11794 posts) -

Who the hell is Sam Rockwell?

#8 Posted by Butano (1731 posts) -

@believer258 said:

He's a dancing machine!

#9 Posted by TheHT (11132 posts) -

I coulda sworn I saw a thread like this ages ago here. Same story with "hey, how about getting [random celebrity] on the bombcast?"

Guess it's just a little bit a:

#10 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

WHERE IS ICE-T?

#11 Posted by Legend (2658 posts) -

If he does end up being on the bombcast, it needs to be streamed live and Sam should make an entrance like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOI4H9Kbxxs
(sorry, can't embed the video. Using mobile site.)
I wonder if Ryan can dance better than Jimmy Fallon did. :P

#12 Posted by Nightriff (4990 posts) -

@thedj93 said:

WHERE IS ICE-T?

Johnny V has already been on the bombcast...OH you are talking about the real Ice-T

#13 Posted by Milkman (16658 posts) -

Right after JT Walsh is on.

#14 Posted by Castiel (2572 posts) -

@believer258 said:

I don't even... You're fired!

#15 Posted by ThePickle (4167 posts) -

Barack Obama on Bombcast?

#16 Posted by geirr (2528 posts) -

@believer258 said:

I don't know either.. seemingly he dances!

#17 Posted by SargeGulp (239 posts) -

@geirr: COME ON!

#18 Edited by geirr (2528 posts) -

@SargeGulp said:

@geirr: COME ON!

A few moments after leaving the browser I was thinking of Sam Worthington but nobody would mistake him for a good actor. I've looked Sam Rockwell up now though on IMDB and discovered the only movie I've seen him in (alobeit it without my knowlegde) is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles where he played "head thug".. so yeah. I also saw Cowboys & Aliens, though that was forced and I don't remember anything beyond James Bond shooting aliens and being bored to tears.

#19 Edited by HH (609 posts) -

@believer258 said:

christ, are you so proud of not knowing something that you wouldn't google him first?!

i don't mean to jump on you in particular, but this is something that irks the hell out of me, people are just so happy to proclaim they don't know something. "What the hell is that? I never heard of it!" Then STFU. Or even worse, that they don't understand something, "uhh, that music, how could anyone listen to that?!" give yourself a minute to try to get your head around it before fucking declaring how ignorant you are ffs.

sorry.

#20 Posted by Hunter5024 (5612 posts) -

@HH: What's google?

#21 Posted by Abendlaender (2785 posts) -

Who? Why? What?

#22 Posted by Jothel (921 posts) -

@TheHT said:

I coulda sworn I saw a thread like this ages ago here. Same story with "hey, how about getting [random celebrity] on the bombcast?"

Guess it's just a little bit a:

oh man it has been SO long since I last heard this...

#23 Edited by HH (609 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

ye know i think it's the use of the words "the hell" that gets to me. Like, "what is google?" is a fair enough question, but "what the hell is google?" implies some sort of arrogance, like if you haven't heard of it, then it must not be worth talking about.

undue use of the phrase "never heard of it" also gets on my nerves. if someone says "have you seen citizen kane?" and the reply is "no, i never heard of it", then that's fine. but if someone says... "what are you watching?"... "citizen kane"... "never heard of it.".... GAH! why the fuck would you have heard of it?! do you think of yourself as some sort of a hub for information? consider yourself enlightened and move on, you don't need to illustrate your perplexity that this, somehow, for some suspect reason, was, until now, omitted from your vast portfolio of knowledge.

should i have another coffee now or should i wait a few days?

#24 Posted by LTSmash (617 posts) -

No guests and add two hours.

#25 Posted by believer258 (11794 posts) -

@HH said:

@believer258 said:

christ, are you so proud of not knowing something that you wouldn't google him first?!

i don't mean to jump on you in particular, but this is something that irks the hell out of me, people are just so happy to proclaim they don't know something. "What the hell is that? I never heard of it!" Then STFU. Or even worse, that they don't understand something, "uhh, that music, how could anyone listen to that?!" give yourself a minute to try to get your head around it before fucking declaring how ignorant you are ffs.

sorry.

@Hunter5024 said:

No, no, you would say "what the hell is Google?"

HH, I was just doing a little bit of light trolling. If I really wanted to know who Sam Rockwell is I would have done exactly as you've said - ctr+t and then "sam rockwell" and then "enter" and found out for myself.

#26 Posted by HH (609 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@Hunter5024 said:

No, no, you would say "what the hell is Google?"

HH, I was just doing a little bit of light trolling. If I really wanted to know who Sam Rockwell is I would have done exactly as you've said - ctr+t and then "sam rockwell" and then "enter" and found out for myself.

hey no worries, i was just venting, i guess i was waiting for an opportunity to cut loose about that particular gripe! :)

#27 Posted by Daiphyer (1333 posts) -

I only know him as that jerk in The Green Mile.

#28 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

@HH: What's STFU?

#29 Posted by SpartanHoplite (384 posts) -

Get me on the BC!

#30 Posted by psylah (2170 posts) -

@Daiphyer said:

I only know him as that jerk in The Green Mile.

Same. I even saw Moon and I thought of him only from Green Mile.