• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SuperMooseman (358 posts) -

I have a problem with the Bombcast, and that is how often you use the same joke over and over. I understand humour, I know it is funny to link back to previous gags, but when in the recent Bombcast you use the siren 'joke' more than eight times in the space of an hour, it just isn't funny. There are other jokes that keep cropping up all the time (such as "video games!?") which are just getting old too.

*puts on flame resistant jacket*

#2 Posted by Joker (675 posts) -
SuperMooseman said:
"I have a problem with the Bombcast, and that is how often you use the same joke over and over. I understand humour, I know it is funny to link back to previous gags, but when in the recent Bombcast you use the siren 'joke' more than eight times in the space of an hour, it just isn't funny. There are other jokes that keep cropping up all the time (such as "video games!?") which are just getting old too.

*puts on flame resistant jacket*"
*Makes Siren Noise*
#3 Posted by Rowr (5474 posts) -

i thought it was funny...

#4 Posted by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -

It is getting a little bit repetitive, but its still funny.

#5 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

Last bombcast was the first time i heard the 'siren' joke- and i thought it was frigging hilarious - i was walking round work all day and whenever someone spoke ot me the siren would go off in my head

#6 Edited by Rowr (5474 posts) -

is it just me, or is this kinda trivial?

#7 Posted by Joker (675 posts) -
SuperMooseman said:
"OmegaPirate said:
"Last bombcast was the first time i heard the 'siren' joke- and i thought it was frigging hilarious - i was walking round work all day and whenever someone spoke ot me the siren would go off in my head"
I know it was the first time they used it, but it was repeated eight times in the space of one freakin' hour."
So you counted? Dude, weak.
#8 Posted by SamFo (1513 posts) -

what a life you lead

#9 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -

I thought it was funny. :(

#10 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

I thought it was funny. :P

#11 Posted by whackmypinata (941 posts) -

They definitely used it a lot, and it got pretty old. But hey, if that's the worst thing they can do on a podcast, so be it.

#12 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I thought the siren was really funny. I can't see how you can get sick of a running gag by the end of a single podcast.

#13 Posted by krazychris (210 posts) -

I understand where your coming from I thought the "______ is still a threat" got kinda old but they've stopped that so I don't expect them to go to the sirens too much more.

#14 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I hope ______ is still a threat is still a threat because I liked that. I don't get this hate for running gags, particularly when I know for a fact pretty much everyone does them in real life.

#15 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2088 posts) -

it's called a running gag, a lot of people use it...

#16 Posted by Player1 (3850 posts) -

The reason why you are mad is the exact reason I love the podcast. I love when they go back to old jokes, I find it hilarious. Also love how they are always making new ones. 

#17 Posted by TEAMHOLT (437 posts) -

They repeat jokes a lot, but it's a conversational show. If it were something more formal and structured I'd be with you, but I don't expect them to be coming up with fresh new material all the time when the show is pretty much just them shooting the shit.

#18 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

Dude, it's not like they're going to use it 8 times EVERY podcast from now on.

#19 Edited by whackmypinata (941 posts) -

Do you guys understand that some people are going to like it, and some aren't? It's not like you're going to be able to convince people to change their initial opinions.

#20 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

*Siren Noise*
Sounds kinky!

I found it really funny, didn't get old.

#21 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

*signs petition for minimum 8 siren noises per Bomcast*

#22 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

I thought it was funny, but I understand where Moose is coming from. It was a bit repetitive but most of the time it went off at good times.

#23 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

It didn't really bother me.

#24 Posted by Aska (423 posts) -

The videos where the siren noise came from were repetitive, and cringe-inducing, and super annoying.  It was sort of a play on that as well.  I thought it was hilarious because you could tell Jeff really hates those videos.

I thought it was funny.

#25 Posted by Max_Chill (162 posts) -

It was funny.

Dont like it, DONT LISTEN
#26 Posted by Jigen (189 posts) -

It was funny.

I haven't seen the Red Alert 3 videos it comes from though and I'd like to.

Also that Ice T video they discussed would be cool.

#27 Posted by Roger_Klotz (764 posts) -

I though it was funny the first few times but it kind of got old. The same thing happens though with my friends. If we find something funny we beat it to death unitl its not funny but annoying.

#28 Posted by c_rakestraw (818 posts) -

I agree, it was pretty repetitive. Sure it was funny the first couple of times, but after that it wasn't very funny anymore.

#29 Posted by Death_Burnout (3792 posts) -
Player1 said:
"The reason why you are mad is the exact reason I love the podcast. I love when they go back to old jokes, I find it hilarious. Also love how they are always making new ones. "

This exactly
#30 Posted by Yit (761 posts) -

I think that kinda lends the Giant Bomb their unique humor.

#31 Posted by Gamer_152 (14050 posts) -

I kinda understand what you mean but the Giant Bombcast is still a great podcast and even those old jokes are still pretty funny. As for the siren thing it was supposed to be over the top, making a reference to how repetitive and unfunny that type of humour really is.

#32 Posted by randiolo (1090 posts) -
Player1 said:
"The reason why you are mad is the exact reason I love the podcast. I love when they go back to old jokes, I find it hilarious. Also love how they are always making new ones. "
...amen
#33 Posted by insanejedi (655 posts) -

burrrrrrrrrrerrrrrrr kurk kur kurk kur....

#34 Posted by Artemis_D (817 posts) -

I'm pretty sure they realized that, and I'm quite positive they don't really care whether you laughed or not (which is what I love MOST about this place).  The rest of us sure did, though.

#35 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
randiolo said:
"Player1 said:
...amen"
I agree with that. I think this situation is kind of similar to comedians. Some people will enjoy certain jokes, others won't, it's really just a matter of personal preference.
#36 Posted by EPGPX (285 posts) -

Whats this siren noise you speak about? Now I'm interested.

#37 Posted by Ruukie (29 posts) -

It was def very funny though I had to check out the actual video after seeing it which was not as funny but gemma and jenny def make the cut scenes in that game look good

#38 Posted by Milkman (16482 posts) -

The siren joke was hilarious for the entire podcast. MERRRHHHH!!

The only joke that I think is getting stale is the constant "Uh, it's a video game" thing.

#39 Posted by Martyr (34 posts) -

"I have a problem with the Bombcast, and that is how often you use the same joke over and over. I understand humour, I know it is funny to link back to previous gags, but when in the recent Bombcast you use the siren 'joke' more than eight times in the space of an hour, it just isn't funny. There are other jokes that keep cropping up all the time (such as "video games!?") which are just getting old too.

*puts on flame resistant jacket*"

Shut the fuck up.
#40 Posted by toxicEnchiliada (330 posts) -

It's not like they have scripted jokes

#41 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -
SuperMooseman said:
Don't try and bring up other, unconnected points to try and make me look stupid."

Nah, you're making that point pretty easily yourself. Fuck off hater
#42 Posted by LordAndrew (14417 posts) -

Wow. People sure hate people with opinions.

#43 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

I think the thing about the Bombcast is that it's these guys just putting their personality and opinion out to the masses.

If you find their humour irritating maybe you shouldn't be listening. They don't neccessarily PLAN the conversations to check what is funny and what isn't.

#44 Posted by AttackedCamo (816 posts) -

I thought it was funny. Now if it was a sound board then I would have a problem. Human sound effects > Non-human sound effects.

#45 Posted by coakroach (2486 posts) -

Reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr!!

#46 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

I'm pretty sure they're joking with each other, not you.

#47 Posted by Dj (913 posts) -

Not a problem for me.

#48 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Whatever makes the guys recording the Bombcast laugh is totally fine with me. This isn't a comedy podcast so we can't chastise anyone because of 'bad material' or anything because that's not their aim - Their aim is to tell their users what's been happening in the world of video games and have fun doing it. On the topic of the actual joke--of which I haven't actual seen--I think it's pretty funny and without seeing the actual video I could infer that the joke in the videos was played way too much from the fact they brought it up soo many times, which is funny in-of-itself. Jeff's comedy in particular is alot of mickey taking from other people and the like and I find that really funny. Ryan's abit different for me where alot of his comedy is just from his stupid voices like Ron Graphite and the technicality (or not so much) of the words he uses, that's what I like about his comedy.

They're not comedians though so people shouldn't loose their shit over small things like this (and I'm not directing that comment at the thread creator because he seems to be way crazy if anyone critiques his criticism, even if people do it in a well-you're-wrong-so shut-the-fuck-up kind of way.

#49 Posted by zhinse (164 posts) -

I think the running gag jokes are great. 

and I am pretty sure that everyone here finds the Hotspot really really funny nowadays.  (not really a point against anyone, but i'm sure that we're all glad to have at least some humor in the bombcast)
#50 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Bombcast is the only thing I listen to that actually makes me smile. It has a certain charm to it, and I love the jokes. Sail on, GB crew, sail on...