• 102 results
Posted by TheAdmin (713 posts) 2 months, 6 days ago

Poll: Should there be two podcasts now? (683 votes)

Yes! I need more Bombcast! 77%
No thank you, one is plenty. 23%

I love the Bombcast, but I miss having Vinny give his opinion and musings.

I think they should make two podcasts. The normal Bombcast and the other: Bombcast East - with Vinny, Alex, and Patrick. What do you think? Any possibility of this happening?

#1 Posted by BradBrains (951 posts) -

I dunno but we need to get vinny on something each week to talk about what he's playing and such

#2 Edited by MEATBALL (3235 posts) -

I'd probably prefer a Bombcast NY rather than a Bombcast East >_______________>

#3 Posted by joshwent (2198 posts) -

I'd really rather just have Vinny talk to Robin and that dude from the vintage games store.

#4 Posted by Hunkulese (2717 posts) -

They already do another podcast Monday and Friday mornings.

#5 Posted by fisk0 (4096 posts) -

Yup, I wouldn't mind some Vinny in there, but format wise it feels pretty close to the bombcast.

#6 Posted by StarvingGamer (8227 posts) -

Yeah I could always use more podcasts. As it stands I usually listen to my ~9 podcasts every week and still end up listening to the Bombcast 3-4 times with all the listening time I have.

#7 Edited by CorruptedEvil (3167 posts) -

@joshwent: A podcast where Vinny explains a videogame to Robin would be amazing, the first episode would have to be Castlevania.

#8 Edited by iceman228433 (616 posts) -

I miss Vinny :(

#9 Posted by TheBlue (360 posts) -

What kind of monsters said no?

<3 Vinny

#10 Posted by wjb (1661 posts) -

Vinny just needs to be on Bombin'. Make it 90-minutes if they have to.

#11 Edited by Achaemenid (92 posts) -

Yeah, the simple solution really is just add vinny to bombin the am. I have a feeling that's exactly whats going to happen too.

#12 Posted by Winsord (1224 posts) -

I don't think just a regular "Bombcast East" makes much sense right now. Bombin' already has Alex and Patrick both doing two shows a week, I feel like it would be hard to have enough to talk about to throw a third show in there. I do still want to hear about what Vinny's been playing and his adventures into woodworking or whatever it may be, I just don't know what the best format for that is. I would be plenty happy just to see him join in on Bombin' though, even if just once a week.

#13 Posted by thebatmobile (981 posts) -

The BEASTcast.

#14 Posted by wemibelec90 (1655 posts) -

As much as I like Vinny and Alex, I said no. I have a hard enough time as it is consuming all the GB content in a given week.

#15 Posted by PappaFost (23 posts) -

I listen to Bombin' the AM in podcast form, so I think it's a great idea to throw Vinny in with Scoops and the Wolf. He just needs a sick nickname.

#16 Posted by DarthOrange (3860 posts) -

Vinny and Alex are fantastic so more content from them is always welcome.

#17 Posted by L44 (559 posts) -

#18 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

There is literally no downside to this.

One on tuesday, one on lets say....thursday.

I mean sure patrick would have to like skype in or whatever, but who cares? It'd be great! I'm in full support of this idea. The bombcast is by far the best piece of content they put out by a huge margin, so doubling that up well its kinda genius.

#19 Posted by BisonHero (6492 posts) -

@l44 said:

@hunkulese said:

#20 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

More Vinny, definitely, though I'm not sure a second podcast is quite in order. I just want them to get their recording setup operational asap.

#21 Posted by GaspoweR (3017 posts) -

I already have more than one Giant Bomb podcast I listen weekly...

And by that I mean the wonderful Alt+F1 podcast. :D

#22 Posted by hollitz (1515 posts) -

I'd certainly appreciate it.

I miss Vinny :(

#23 Posted by KoolAid (934 posts) -

I would not mind if they did bombing in the a.m. once a week if that meant the addition of Vinny.

#24 Edited by mjk0104 (205 posts) -

It doesn't have to be the same format or anything, and obviously they're still busy setting up and Vinny's settling in, but it'd be cool to get their take on stuff, even if it was more in a Bombin' the AM style show.

#25 Edited by overnow (157 posts) -

I voted no just because I think they need more people for the true bombcast feel. Personally I'd prefer something like TNT/UPF but much shorter and focusing on like 2 games max since it's just Alex and Vinny. Something like a single location Bombin in the AM would be cool too, like on a couch instead of a skype call.

#26 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (780 posts) -

I wouldn't mind another podcast with Alex, Vinny, and Max.

#27 Posted by Heycalvero (96 posts) -

@zomgfruitbunnies: I fully support having professional child opinions on my hard hitting journalism

#28 Posted by Gatehouse (621 posts) -

I'm completely on-board with the folks wanting Vinny on Bombin' The AM. I miss my weekly injection on Vitamin V.

#29 Posted by MonetaryDread (2030 posts) -

I generally loathe Skype podcasts (the added lag to conversation is annoying, the quality of sound is annoying, the guests talking over another because of lag is annoying, the guest not talking because lag interrupts their ability to time conversation topics is annoying) but Vinny on a bombcast would be the exception to the rule.

#30 Posted by Fattony12000 (7402 posts) -

I will always take more Vinny.

#31 Edited by cloudnineboya (815 posts) -

phone home.

#32 Posted by Excast (935 posts) -

Do away with the Friday Bombin show and instead have a podcast with Vinny, Alex, and Patrick Skyping in.

#33 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10990 posts) -

Yeah, I really wish we had a Vinny podcast. Either that, or get him in on Bombin' the AM.

Moderator Online
#34 Posted by AMyggen (3020 posts) -

@excast said:

Do away with the Friday Bombin show and instead have a podcast with Vinny, Alex, and Patrick Skyping in.

That's the worst idea I've ever heard!

#35 Posted by Stete (734 posts) -

I don't know, more content is fine, and Vinny absence from the bombcast is unfortunately quite noticeable, but adding another podcast might be abit too much, unless it's content is quite different from what's talked about in the bombcast and AM. Plus I would rather have Vinny do more crazy videos now that he is on the helm at Giant Bomb NY, or anything else that gives Vinny the creative freedom to make his weird ideas come true.

#36 Posted by Capum15 (4897 posts) -

I would say no, if only because I think they should just add Vinny to Bombin' in the AM. Having yet another podcast on top of that would be kinda odd.

But if they did, I would listen to it.

#37 Edited by development (2308 posts) -

Would be cool for Vinny to pop in on Bombin' the AM every now and then, but nah definitely not an entire separate podcast. That would be too much. I barely find time to fit in the regular Bombcast.

#38 Posted by Lyisa (357 posts) -

If they Skype Patrick in, why couldn't they just Skype the whole crew in for one show?

I feel like the best solution would be to include Vinny in Bombin' in the A.M. Of course under the assumption that there is Vinny deficit on the site and that is the reason for this pitch.

#39 Edited by Mint1e (31 posts) -

Vinny on Bombin' in the AM would be great

#40 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (533 posts) -

I listen to Bombin' the AM in podcast form, so I think it's a great idea to throw Vinny in with Scoops and the Wolf. He just needs a sick nickname.

Scoops and the Wolf and the Vin-Dawg.

#41 Posted by oobs (338 posts) -

i dont think anymore podcasts are required..as has been suggested put vinnie on with scoops and the wolf.. maybe get patrick to say once a month or something to spend a few days in NY doing some content. would be nice for them to maybe get together seems to me they do most of the content.. would be interesting to how end of the year content is handled is it going to be a massive podcast? everyone on skype? get people to travel to the west coast?

#42 Edited by wchue (75 posts) -

more content!!!!

#43 Posted by Corvak (1068 posts) -

Bombin' the AM with Alex, Vinny and Patrick's disembodied voice.

#44 Posted by ajamafalous (11988 posts) -

They already do two podcasts.

#45 Posted by ajamafalous (11988 posts) -

@pappafost said:

Scoops and the Wolf and the Vin-Dawg.

It's clearly V-Bomb.

#46 Posted by crithon (3185 posts) -

you mouse over podcast and I read 6 different podcasts.

#47 Posted by Chumm (240 posts) -

The hell year is this, 3000 miles should not be enough to prevent the crew from casting together as usual.

#48 Posted by Pezen (1604 posts) -

As others have said, it would be more fitting to have him just grouped into the AM thing (and in a way, there is already two podcasts [or three since AM goes twice a week]). Because as it stands, news still get talked about twice between the regular Bombcast and AM in some cases, so if they made a "third actual podcast" that would just be overkill. I am also one of those people that regularly listens to the AM one as an actual podcast and not video stream, so it would just add more to it. Because I do agree that I can definitely see myself missing Vinny's point of view in discussions about games in general.

#49 Posted by TobbRobb (4639 posts) -

Oh dilemma, I want to hear the sweet voice of Vinny, but then I might have to put another podcast in my life. :C

#50 Posted by nccows (68 posts) -

I think that to avoid too much overlap with Bombin', a Giant Beastcast where Alex and Vinny get guests from the NY games scene would be super cool. Chicago has Lang and Max, GBWest now has Drake, Muir, etc., but GBeast doesn't have anyone yet. Gotta build up a cast of characters!