Should Vinny always host the bombcast?

• 195 results
Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

Poll Should Vinny always host the bombcast? (1467 votes)

Yes 50%
No 7%
Jeff should usually host 29%
Let Brad host it! 14%

After this week's episode I think I always want Vinny to host the bombcast. What say you?

• 
The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Or at the very least a VinnCo Vincast once a month or bi monthly or something.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think the nice thing is when Vinny host he edits the recording, that's the best part of this week's episode. I say Jeff should host, but anytime Vinny can edit the recording in his own special way, he should.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it is a ton of work for him so every now and then is great, but lets face it every time he does a podcast it is magic.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@iceman228433:

but would it be the same magic if it was every week. its like xmas. i love it but i wouldnt want it every week.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

NO. Ugh. Sick of this coming up every time there's another host.

Feel the same way about Vinny hosting the show now like I did when Jeff would fill in for Ryan. It's an awesome change for a week every once in a while, but if you had it every week it would no longer be something special. The way things are right now is like it should be. Getting another host 4-6 times a year is perfect.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the fact that when Vinny is host he seems to wrangle up a good bunch of guests. I'd like to see more of that on the Bombcast.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

He's easily the best at it. Brad is is way better at reacting to stuff than he is initiating it and Jeff is too willing to go off-topic to bring the conversation back to where it was originally

Limiter31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny is amazing host. But I prefer if they all mix it up. Its a good thing to learn how to do. By now, Brad should be able to do it.

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By roboculus92

I think Vinny is a better fit for host than Jeff. When Jeff hosts, it gives the podcast a real laid-back feel (like UPF), which is good every now and then but it gets kinda boring/stale if you get it every single week (like UPF). Jeff works better as a side-guy who reacts to stuff every now and then. Yes, Vinnycasts wouldn't be as magical if Vinny hosted every week but I believe the podcast would be better in general for it. He doesn't even need to do all the extra editing (though it is appreciated).

If they wanted to experiment with it, they could have a month where they had a different host each week (basically have everyone try out as the host). They might then find that they like it better with someone else (for all we know, Drew could make the best host). I remember Ryan tried changing things up before by trying stuff like having emails first or hitting a button every time you wanted to answer an email. No clue how things would turn out but at least it would shake things up a bit.

DiamondDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanerobot: The problem with this whole "It wouldn't be special anymore" argument is the fact that Vinny is BY FAR the better host. I think there are a lot people, myself included, who would rather have a better quality of podcast every week than a special one every other month.

No offense intended to Jeff of course, but he definitely prefers to take a more laid back approach to the hosting. While that might lead to some fun off topic conversation, the podcast has really been crying out for someone to direct the podcast the way Ryan used to.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I'm pretty sure that Brad and Jeff would prefer not to host

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I think he should host it every time. I feel like Jeff kinda just puts it up lazily, but he's been getting better at it lately. Vinny is a master at it, though.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By CaLe

First he must conquer the mountain that is Jeff's pride; a feat I'd wish on no man.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#166  Edited By Superkenon

They should put Brad in the hosting seat to keep him awake. I have a feeling he'd actually be pretty great at it if he tried.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Hunter5024

I have come around to thinking that Vinny should be the host. Not that I don't like Jeff doing it, I always thought Jeffcasts were a lot of fun during Ryan's tenure, but they make for a very off topic low energy podcast. That's nice every once in a while but it's less than ideal on a weekly basis. I think we actually get less out of Jeff when he's hosting. When Vinny's hosting it's just more lively, it reminds me more of the old bombcast. I realize he probably wouldn't be able to do the kind of editing work he does if he were hosting every week, but I'm willing to give that up to see them more often. I imagine the guys might be thinking more about things like this once they get a couple new people in here.

Have Vinny or Jeff ever commented on this idea? I feel like it gets brought up a lot.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Oh well if Brad is on the table then I want the full DOTA, baritone, sleeping, and emails! experience.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I have come around to thinking that Vinny should be the host. Not that I don't like Jeff doing it, I always thought Jeffcasts were a lot of fun during Ryan's tenure, but they make for a very off topic low energy podcast. That's nice every once in a while but it's less than ideal on a weekly basis. I think we actually get less out of Jeff when he's hosting. When Vinny's hosting it's just more lively, it reminds me more of the old bombcast. I realize he probably wouldn't be able to do the kind of editing work he does if he were hosting every week, but I'm willing to give that up to see them more often. I imagine the guys might be thinking more about things like this once they get a couple new people in here.

Have Vinny or Jeff ever commented on this idea? I feel like it gets brought up a lot.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I feel like Vinny should at least host a show once every month.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff deserves more credit man. Vinnycasts are great, but that's in-part because they're somewhat rare. He has more time to sort of prepare his next "show" where as Jeff has to do it every single week for weeks on end. Of course not every show will be a hit, but if every show were a Vinnycast I guarantee it would eventually start falling into the same category as Jeff's do. At a certain point they're no longer a refreshing surprise.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said no, not even because it would get stale, but EVERY Bombcast is simply impossible. Even not being pedantic and I think it would be hard for him. I DO like his hosting style of asking specific questions and his editing is obviously on a crazy high level. I think one thing to remember is most of the time Vinny hosting involves new people being a part of the Bombcast which is something I'd like more of anyways.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should rotate it every week between Jeff and Vinny.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well at least we're bumping the old thread instead of making new ones every time Vinny hosts the bombcast.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny should definitely be the host of regular bombcasts with the occasional jeffcast thrown in, even if the "magic" would be gone. Regular jeffcasts have been getting a bit slow and low on energy for a while and should be the secondary cast rather than the primary. And even with vinnycasts being the regular I feel like we would still be surprised at how much he can mix it up.

Aristotled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they should at least let Vinny get a few weeks to try his hand at it and see how it goes. Unless he just doesn't want to be the "Host". I think a change up would be good, even if its just a test flight

htiawe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After this weeks podcast im even more convinced that Vinny should host. Jeff is awesome in everything he does but hosting a podcast doesnt seem to be his calling. He is a excellent sidekick and should be allowed to be just that, with Vinny as a host.

Cogzwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#178  Edited By Cogzwell

I'd say whenever the Bombcast is on the.... 13th or 28th of a month. Vinny hosts.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Vinny should EDIT the podcast.

hunterob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

I'd love to see Brad give it a whirl. I think he's great when the spotlights on him and he HAS to shine. For example, his game of the year videos.

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Choi

Yeah, not always... It's special this way. He should however edit all of them ^_^

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@htiawe said:

After this weeks podcast im even more convinced that Vinny should host. Jeff is awesome in everything he does but hosting a podcast doesnt seem to be his calling. He is a excellent sidekick and should be allowed to be just that, with Vinny as a host.

Yeah I don't think it was a coincidence that Ryan was always hosting the podcasts and live shows before.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a lot of work for him to take on.

Also I like the idea of it being a nice treat once in a while. I mean I dont know how easy it would be for Vinny to get these guest hosts on a weekly basis.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BRADCAST

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I think Vinnie is better, but I do worry about him burning out if he did it full time. I'm fine with Jeff doing most of the time.

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No chance of that now.....

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Or... is there an even BETTER chance of it? Okay, not the core bombcast, but a Vinny helmed Eastcast. KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE.

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By roboculus92

@punkxblaze said:

@ninnanuam said:

Or... is there an even BETTER chance of it? Okay, not the core bombcast, but a Vinny helmed Eastcast. KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE.

There is almost certainly going to be a separate podcast at some point in the future for GB NY/East Coast. Now whether or not that happens in the near future (with just Vinny and Alex) or if they wait until more people get added there, who knows. In the meantime, I wouldn't be surprised if Vinny got added to Bombin' the AM, or at least showed up as a frequent guest.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Yes. :'(

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

A few years ago I remember Vinny teasing a premium podcast that would be him talking to his dad. Maybe now that could be a possibility!

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By AndrewB

I was actually wondering about how things are going to work now. Will we have/do we need to have two separate podcasts? I don't want to listen to two full, potentially 2-3 hour long diatribes about the same topics (maybe hypocritical given that I kind of do that already with the couple of video game podcasts I listen to between the Bombcast and Rebel.FM, though at least the releases are scattered and the tone is very different between the two) and that's a bigger time commitment where there were already complaints about monetizing the podcast and the number of man hours it takes for no return (except I'd have always argued that it was one of the biggest draws to get me to visit the site on a regular basis from the start). Then on the other hand, I definitely want to hear from Vinny and I always loved the times when he was hosting the podcast for a number of reasons, one also being when he would Skype in Patrick for the news talk.

Too many questions left unanswered about this thing. I've always maintained that when Vinny wasn't on camera, the rest of the staff should be asking "where's Vinny?"

To bookend that reference, I guess Vinny has to return to his home planet now.

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@andrewb: Since Patrick and Alex were already doing their podcast remotely, I feel adding Vinny to that mix could be the best initial move. That way there are "still" only two podcasts to keep up with. Just a thought. I'm sure whatever they do will be great, but as someone that has a limited amount of time, I agree that keeping up with multiple podcasts can be hard, especially if they are really long.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By AndrewB

@fakekisser: I'd be fine with that, because I already enjoy the Patrick/Alex talks, but with the way remote conversations already introduce some level of lag which affects anything but a very straight two-way conversation where one person can wait for the other, it does complicate things. Maybe less so if Vinny and Alex are in the same location, but that puts Patrick at a disadvantage, and I like hearing from Patrick.

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#194  Edited By FakeKisser

@andrewb: I agree. Adding a third person makes it more complicated. Maybe if Alex and Vinny are in the same room and just have Patrick calling in, that could help. Also, each one of those people have their own thing going on, so I think there could be a great balance. I'd be upset if we lost Patrick's insights, though. I feel like a good formula would be: Patrick hitting on "hard" news, Alex hitting on other game news and his review/preview impressions, and Vinny tying it together with some humor and his own insights that people obviously love.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Vinny makes everything better.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bombcast East and Bombcast West? Giant Bombcast and Bombin' the AM with Scoops and the Wolf presented by VinnCo?

THE POSSIBILITIES!

Lanceuppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Bombcast East and Bombcast West? Giant Bombcast and Bombin' the AM with Scoops and the Wolf presented by VinnCo?

THE POSSIBILITIES!

These are all amazing!

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By cooljammer00

@cooljammer00 said:

THE POSSIBILITIES!

These are all amazing!

It'll make those PAX panels even more special, as it'll be like the Mega Powers of video games journalism. Jeff is Hogan, Vinny is Macho.