Should Vinny join Bombin' in the AM w/ Scoops and the Wolf?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Poll Should Vinny join Bombin' in the AM w/ Scoops and the Wolf? (513 votes)

Yes 72%
No 17%
I don't care 11%

When Vinny first announced he was leaving San Francisco for New York I was bummed but also excited because surely that meant my favorite member of the Bombcast would join Bombin' in the AM. Several weeks later and no Vinny in podcast form. I realize Vinny has made some video content and was part of the E3 shows but I miss hearing him talk about what games he is playing, his insight on gaming news, his parenting anecdotes, and most importantly his sense of humor.

Is there any particular reason why Vinny isn't part of Bombin' in the AM? I thought Vinny had a good rapport with Patrick and Alex when they would appear on the Bombcast. I also think having Vinny join the show would get more fans of the Bombcast to listen to what I think is a solid podcast/live show that is just missing that little spice a Vinny would bring to the table.

Maybe I am totally wrong and Vinny would be a bad fit for the show but I don't believe it. What do you guys think?

• 
kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Absolutely, I miss hearing Vinny's thoughts on the general gaming news.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

I'd never say no to more V-bomb.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

No longer being able to hear Vinny's sweet, dulcet tones on a podcast each week has been really harmful to my overall psyche. I'm not sure I'm gonna make it through.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I dunno, if anything I'd like to see Alex and Vinny do their own thing. Even a shorter podcast once a week so we can learn about New York.

Bombin' the AM (Patrick always says another "in" for some reason) is a two-person joint with guests. Keeps it running for about an hour, keeps things flowing, allows room for guests. That show's fine the way it is. Not to imply that Vinny would make something worse, but he doesn't have to be in everything.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I think it would be better with him, but I don't know if that's plausible. Remember that the man is a father of a young child, and let me tell you, young children can be RAMBUNCTIOUS in the morning. It might not be possible for him to do something like that at that time of day.

ShakeSoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you vote anything other than yes, you're a bad person and should not come to this site again.

In all seriousness though, he should ABSOLUTELY be on Bombin in the AM.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RazielCuts

I'm feeling a strange sense of deja vu? Was this a thread already or did I imagine it?

Anyway sure, who could say no to more Vinny?

Also, I think Patrick needs someone. There was Iron Galaxy and the CAH guys but yeah, we won't touch that. But I guess then again Patrick was never really hired as an on camera guy it kinda just became that because thats what GB do. Articles and News is his forte but yeah, he could do with some company in Shy-town.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny joining Scoops and Wolf would be a great reason for GiantBombers who don't follow the video series to come and see what it's about. That'd make it the Giantbomb Eastcast.

Patrick and Alex are great btw, always enjoyed the small chat room setting of Bombin' in the AM.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Xeiphyer

What if we just installed a microphone in Vinny that just broadcasts everything he says to the internet, always.

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, let Vinny relax. Dude gotta raise that giant of a kid he has and build a studio.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By pr1mus

Bombin' the AM with Scoops and The Wolf, featuring The Punmaster.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't care either way. It would be nice, sure, but I'm loving Bombin in the AM as it is now.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny hasn't even moved yet, he's still crashing at a friends place. Give him like 6 months.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Absa-freakin-lutely! Vinny's presence on a weekly podcast is sorely missed. Even if he wasn't on every episode I'm sure we'd all be a lot happier. Hopefully he can make some appearances on Bombin when he gets all of his housing settled.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@xeiphyer said:

What if we just installed a microphone in Vinny that just broadcasts everything he says to the internet, always.

Have him join Zoe and Patrick? What, you want Skynet to win?

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Vinny should do a Vinnco Vinncast or Live Stream on his own. Rather than trying to wedge him into their format I'd like to see what crazy shit he comes up with on his own.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No chance. If Vinny was on it I'd be forced to watch/listen to it which I don't wanna do.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By InternetDotCom

Isn't his commute a lot longer than Alex's?

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny talked about doing a podcast with Alex and some sort of multiplayer content with Patrick, but I for one would not mind a few guest appearances on the soon to be retitled Bombin' the AM with Scoops and the Wolf: presented by Vinnco.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mcfart

Vinny talked about doing a podcast with Alex and some sort of multiplayer content with Patrick, but I for one would not mind a few guest appearances on the soon to be retitled Bombin' the AM with Scoops and the Wolf: presented by Small Business Man.

Fixed.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I were to hazard a guess I'd say he may become part of it at some point but is likely very preoccupied with settling in/getting the studio fully up and running. By the looks of it they have a long way to go (although I'm quite enjoying where we are in the process).

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Nah we should have Vinny centric podcast with Vinny and Rex.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd welcome it, but I'd be fine if he chooses to not be a part of it.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm feeling a strange sense of deja vu? Was this a thread already or did I imagine it?

Anyway sure, who could say no to more Vinny?

Also, I think Patrick needs someone. There was Iron Galaxy and the CAH guys but yeah, we won't touch that. But I guess then again Patrick was never really hired as an on camera guy it kinda just became that because thats what GB do. Articles and News is his forte but yeah, he could do with some company in Shy-town.

did something happen between or with them that i'm not aware of?

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25  Edited By Nodima

Vinny answered a question on his tumblr at one point that implied he'd never even consider joining the podcast as early as it is (even Alex still does it from his house). But he's also answered some other very intriguing questions in extremely positive manners (like multiplayer online flight action with Drew).

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no, because then i would actually want to listen to it and don't have the time.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, and it should then also be 30 minutes longer.

buttmonk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I just want three hours of Vinny talking to me. :)

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#30  Edited By liquiddragon

I do want vinny in a podcast form but not bombin' the am, something about the show...i don't watch it that often

Also, does anyone remember vinny was originally referred to as "the wolf" first and he even did the howling way before Alex became the wolf? I want wolf and the wolf

dwgill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dwgill

Yes but it's understandable if he doesn't have the time. Between GBeast and Chicago Vinny's the only father and I wouldn't be surprised if his mornings are spoken for as a result.

With that and the fact (IIRC) he's still in the process of moving into his new place, I'm fine if it's a while before we see him again in podcast form.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure if they can get it to work technically and not change the "writing" too much. Right now it feels like the show is constrained by the tech and how much production time they can spend doing it.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'd like to see him on maybe a few times a month, doesn't need to be every episode since hes pretty busy. I'd love to get his opinions on news, etc.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny should do whatever he wants to do. Guy has a kid to look after. I'm sure having more things to do earlier in the morning is not what he's looking for.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By KaneRobot

No. One of the two morning show episodes should be cancelled and a new show with Alex & Vinny (and possibly Patrick) should be started in its place.

wlleiotl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure he'll join up once a week when he's more settled

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would make me listen to that show regularly, so yes.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if Vinny always shows up half an hour late for the show with bloodshot eyes and a vomit stained shirt as his wife is yelling at him off screen about his continued negligence towards his family to continue to goof off with his buddies about videogames.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes because three's company, four's a crowd, and two's boring.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I said it before and I will always say it again, Vinny milieu is video. He should be making video, that is his medium of expression for his skill set. He should be refining and stretching his skills in video with GB because we as an audience will get his best out of it.

Two talking heads on a stream has been done, it being saturated in fact, so more than anything GB has to be onto the next new thing. I don't know what that would be but I bet Vinny knows. They seem to have a nice little studio in NYC, it would be criminal not to let him use that space to the fullest.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny is amazing so I support anything that would mean more of him on the site. I really wish he could still be part of the bombcast even if he had to do that weird skype phone in thing. All in all though I understand what I want isn't always what is best for the person. As long as he and the rest of the guys are doing what they love and still enjoy doing it I'm game.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No way! Patrick and Alex have GBs most passive personalities, I think it would just turn into the Vinny show and ruin the dynamic. I would love a Vinny podcast though!

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Rigas

@csl316: I'd like a smaller GB East Podcast, or they record their own segment, and its added into the regular Bombcast, either at the end or at some break point in the middle.

Hurvilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's either this, or BEAST need to set up a podcast with Vinny and Alex, because NOT hearing about Vinny's recent adventures in real life and in video games is UNACCEPTABLE.

But I'm all for him joining the AM, however some retooling of the show could be necessary. A show with Patrick, Alex and Vinny could pretty much be as good as the regular Bombcast, especially if they continue to try to get guests like Patrick have with the AM.

JohnTunoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always thought of BITAMWSATW as more of a news show and Vinny isn't really a news guy.

DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need to hear Vinny! GBeast needs to step it up

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Everything is better with Vinny.

robsamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he did it would mean less reason for GB East to do a proper podcast, which is what we actually want.