• 76 results
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#51  Edited By Vinny_Says

have you heard about the X-press coming through town?

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Interfect
@acrimsonbullet: Sarcastic gamer has a lot of podcasts. while they are only 40 minuet. There are almost 6 or so a week.
Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Interfect
@acrimsonbullet: also  Behind The Screened Door podcast on screened.com. As well as This is Only A Test podcast on tested.com
sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By sumbog

My listened too:

Bombcast
This is Only a Test
4playerpodcast
Rebel FM
Geekbox
NPR: Wait Wait Dont Tell Me, All songs considered
Gamespy Debriefings (I dont care what people say, Scott Bromley is a funny motherfucker)

@KrisCarter:
Hell ya.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By TehFlan
nackbagger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By nackbagger
dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By dragonzord

They're not very consistent but they're also the only other funny video game podcast I know of; Rock Paper Shotgun's. Be warned, it's strictly PC stuff.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By FCKSNAP
@Miketakon said:
" Mega64 podcast is very similar to the Bombcast.  Speaking of which Mega64 X Giant Bomb needs to happen. "
You mean it needs to happen again. 

Which was going to happen a few months ago but Rocco "Rocko Boaty" Botte said shit didn't pan out. Here's to GDC and PAX East!
Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@hexx462 said:
"  

My Podcast rotation (excluding Giant Bomb)

• WTF with Marc Maron - ESSENTIAL if you love comedy and great personal interviews. Hunt down the Carlos Mencia two parter, it's utterly fascinating to listen to Mencia try and justify his joke thievery.
Marc Maron is fantastic. His interview with Doug Benson also turned me on to Doug Loves Movies, another great podcast if you love movies. Home of the famous Leonard Maltin game (which Edgar Wright is an absolute fiend at).
Wrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Wrect

"TalkRadar" and "The Joystiq Podcast" are both excellent.
T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

Player One Podcast is incredibly similiar. Its about 2 hours and its pretty funny. Rebel FM is also pretty good and about same length. The Mobcast is really interesting and it focuses on different subjects that other video game podcasts don't address. 

mkskillz16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By mkskillz16

TalkRadar is above and beyond one of the best uses of 2.5+ hours, it's awesome if you like some laughter with your games, they don't try to be preachy snobs, and the show has a great variety to it so that one topic doesn't bog down the neitre show.  The word "show" pretty much sums up TalkRadar because it's very entertaining and its second to the bombcast for me. 

That being said Rebel FM is great if you can dig the personality of the hosts (which can be said for pretty much every podcast).   

Weekend Confirmed has generally been declining in interest for me, I don't know, the opinions and discussion either end up being too predictable, arguments go in circles at least once every show (basically if you want the super serious, "games can be art" sort of discussions: this is your show).   

The Geekbox is awesome because its just a bunch of friends talking about similar interests to mine.   

Gamespy Debriefings is basically just to laugh while you listen (highly recommend if you don't get offended easily and think oneself is too sophisticated for their brand of humor).  

IGN GameScoop (the Knockn Boots episodes are the highlight as the discussions yield the most laughs), Podcast Beyond and TRL for a bit more game focused talk with common funny moments.   

The SMODcast and Comedy Death Ray Radio are really funny on a pretty regular basis, although some episodes are skippable. 

Mobcast is only good when the cast is interesting, otherwise I skip this one pretty often. 

The Electric Hydra is in my top 5, if you liked Podtoid/old contributors to that site listen to it.  Audio quality isn't close to the bombcast but who cares.  Frequently makes me laugh. 

The Nintendownload X-press is awesome 

The HAWPcast is sometimes good, it really depends if you like the Burch siblings. 

The Drunk Tank is alright, again it's only good if you like the hosts, and some of the discussion can lead me to skip it and do/listen to something else. 

Beyond the suite of whiskey media podcasts there isn't much else that I'd recommend.  Overall: go for TalkRadar, Rebel FM, The Electric Hydra, any IGN casts that might pique your interest, and whatever else.

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#64  Edited By skyline7284

MBMBAM.... That is all. 

No Caption Provided
C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By C0V3RT

The only other gaming podcast I listen to with regularity is TalkRadar from Games Radar. I've got the CAG CAGCast but I maybe get around to listening to one every three or four they put out. I used to listen to Major Nelson but got tired of majority of the interviews.

dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By dragonzord

Out Of The Game is the old classic GFW's podcast, has Jeff Green, Shawn Elliot and Robert Ashley

hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By hexx462
@President_Barackbar said:
" Marc Maron is fantastic. His interview with Doug Benson also turned me on to Doug Loves Movies, another great podcast if you love movies. Home of the famous Leonard Maltin game (which Edgar Wright is an absolute fiend at). "
Doug Loves Movies is great, it's one of those podcasts where I'll get about 10 episodes queued and then listen them to all in a row.
gravytrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexx462: You should check out Film Junk, it's pretty funny, but they do discuss movies and do reviews, etc. . The hosts are really great.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jking47

@gravytrain: Duder, do you realize you are replying to someone's post from 4 years ago? Thread lock incoming

gravytrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jking47: I totally didn't, it was showing up on the front page for me.

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like The Insert Credit Podcast. Tim Rogers, Frank Cifaldi and Brandon Sheffield are all hilarious and super informed about what cool game design is. The format was very different and interesting until recently when they switched it up and made it a little bit more generic. I recommend starting at the beginning.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By BradBrains

If I were you jake & amir's "advice" podcast. its the most hillarious podcast not made by the site. most of the questions are from teenagers making a big deal out of small things. and its not long so its an easy listen.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really similar but I really enjoy The Chud Show, it's a podcast about movies, star wars and sex advice. It's not consistently great but it's pretty fun all around.

Avatar image for deactivated-616d38c07628a
deactivated-616d38c07628a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan Carlins Hardcore History is so good

thelastrewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch Out For Fireballs! is great.

triplestan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By triplestan

I realize this thread is old as time itself but I spend altogether too much of my time listening to podcasts, so I'll take any chance I can get to talk about them. I need this.

U Talkin' U2 To Me? is the greatest podcast not at all about U2 that I've ever heard.

Also Comedy Bang Bang has to be tied with the Bombcast for my GOAT. It's immediately funny enough to bring in new listeners, but it also has a surprisingly deep mythos, which is something I never thought I would say about a comedy podcast. Any episode featuring Paul F. Tompkins is guaranteed to be solid gold.