Posted by Hamst3r (4455 posts) -

Let's get down to business. Wizard business.

If you've been listening to the Bombcast lately, then you should be familiar with all of this "Hey, Small Business Man" nonsense.

After Effects and dubstep, y'all. Or is it electro? I don't know, dude. Like I know anything about music genres. What I do know about though are wizards. Wizards have beards. Wizards wear hats, when appropriate. Wizards own robes. Wizardry rhymes with Lizardry, which is a real word.

Enjoy!

P.S. Wizardry also rhymes with Jizzardry, which isn't a real word, but should be.

#1 Posted by rmanthorp (3884 posts) -

Down with all of this!

#2 Posted by MB (12037 posts) -

Jizzardry is the name of my production company.

#3 Edited by MattyFTM (14348 posts) -

You're right, Jizzardry should be a real word.

And this is totally rad. Vinny's business is to do with dancing classes, right? With moves like that, it definitely should be.

#4 Posted by Capum15 (4820 posts) -

Yes to all of that.

#5 Posted by lcheek (3 posts) -

Well that was just excellent.

#6 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

Radddddddddd

#7 Posted by StarvingGamer (8028 posts) -

I don't know if that was awesome? or AWESOME!

#8 Posted by Sarumarine (2181 posts) -

Dr. Tracksuit and Small Business Man need to get together and do a hot colabo!

But this was amazing. I didn't know an advertising gimmick could go so far and develop such legs to run on. Haha.

#9 Edited by Roboculus92 (485 posts) -

Great job duder!

#10 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1011 posts) -

That was beautiful!

#11 Posted by ShaggE (6342 posts) -

Hamst3r, duder, you can't just go taking all of the talent for yourself. Share the wealth, man! :P

#12 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5260 posts) -

All of my expectations clicking on this thread were surpassed. Big smiles here! Great job.

#13 Posted by Brightside (41 posts) -

I'm glad small business man is a small business man. Plusity plus on the vid!

#14 Posted by CatAlex (26 posts) -

Weirdly awesome, but also awesomely weird? Definitely catchy!

#15 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10528 posts) -

The fact that this exists is hilarious, and wonderful, so I commend you for it. But...It's not really my thing, musically. Seems well crafted for what it is, though.

#16 Posted by TwoLines (2789 posts) -

That video was awesome.

You are MY small business man Hamster.

#17 Posted by TDot (283 posts) -

my favourite touch is the nose bounce

#18 Edited by wibby (249 posts) -

Fantastic as usual :)

Top Duder!

#19 Posted by NathanXplosion (75 posts) -

That just made my fucking day. Also chibi Vinny looks like he was ripped out of Lucy Daughter of the Devil.

#20 Edited by T0FFE (95 posts) -

This is awesome dude! I don't know why, but I expected him to end up in a suit :P

#21 Posted by RTSlord (1199 posts) -

Once again, Hamst3r delivers a friggin amazing piece of music/video

#22 Posted by afabs515 (1013 posts) -

Oh my freaking god.

#23 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

Aww now I want a dancing Vinny desktop app like all those stripper ones they had back in the day.

#24 Posted by development (2091 posts) -

Those are some amazing moves

#25 Posted by Humanity (8841 posts) -

I'll be brutally honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the mix itself, but belly flopping cartoon Vinny is probably the best thing I've seen all month.

#26 Posted by Palmlykta (193 posts) -

Yes. I like this. Business is happening.

#27 Posted by Daveyo520 (6653 posts) -

Vinn Co. will be big one day. After he stops going to the post office that is.

#28 Posted by ExiledVip3r (80 posts) -

This seems way too hip and modern for small businessman, he's too busy going to the damned post office all the time.

#29 Posted by SweetCrys (23 posts) -

This is great! Thanks for making it. and being awesome!

#30 Posted by MikeLemmer (534 posts) -

I think GiantBomb is the only site where not only do people want to listen to the advertisements, but the advertisements have become a meme themselves.

Small Business Man has gone horribly right.

#31 Posted by SavePoint (100 posts) -

That was fantastic. Great job!

#32 Posted by RawknRo11a (553 posts) -

@hamst3r: damnit, Giantbomb probably just needs to hire you. Yet another piece of amazing "wizardry"...

#33 Edited by leebmx (2222 posts) -

I think GiantBomb is the only site where not only do people want to listen to the advertisements, but the advertisements have become a meme themselves.

Small Business Man has gone horribly right.

And this is why I would guess that advertisers are all scrambling to get behind podcasts. What other form of advertising actively gets promoted by the listeners of the shows it features on? I don't know whether to be amazed or scared. Marketing people must be loving it.

#34 Posted by kalmia64 (73 posts) -

I have a Brad Muir sized grin on my face now!

#35 Posted by Snail (8584 posts) -

Hamst3r, if I ever meet you in real life, I'll want to hug you.

Thought you should know.

#36 Posted by weegieanawrench (1935 posts) -

Top notch work, Hamst3r! :D

#37 Posted by Aiasdair (28 posts) -

Very Nice video!!!

#38 Posted by Ozzie (168 posts) -

Fucking awesome

#39 Posted by Corvak (908 posts) -

The bombcast has returned to the days of old timey radio, where the guy presenting the content also presents the ads.

Ads support the content, but i'm a lot more likely to pay attention to them when a real person is presenting them.

Internet users hate ads, because all too often, they're just automated banners, popups and scripts. Theres a disconnect between the advertising and the content.

Theres a radio show host and podcaster who comes from a background in advertising named Terry O'Riley who does a great show on the topic on CBC Radio up here - and in one episode he stresses that advertising is a contract. Not between the sponsor and the content, but the sponsor and the consumer. We accept advertising, because it gives us something we want in return. To do this, it needs a connection to the content being provided. (A little irony, CBC is a public broadcaster - his show probably has more ads in it as part of the content than the rest of the entire schedule)

As an example - a billboard breaks this contract. It is providing only an obstruction to the view of a city, and advertising. It doesnt pay for the roads, or offer the consumer anything useful.

On the internet, banners feel the same way, even when they are in fact supporting the site, because the site doesn't incorporate advertising into it's design. The site doesn't announce that it is 'brought to you by <sponsor>' or work the ads into it's layout other than providing banner boxes that contrast with the theme most of the time. Customizing banners for their intended location, instead of automating the whole thing would go a long long way. Giant Bomb can't make them do this, only the one trying to sell the product can.

I love how the bombcast incorporated advertising into their format, and hopefully the internet will quit being lazy and put some work into producing good advertising, instead of cheap advertising. Make us accept it as the 'fee' for consuming the content, instead of an annoyance we must tolerate.

#40 Posted by JoeyRavn (4949 posts) -

I love it. This is, as customary, amazing, Hamster.

Can I just ask a question that's been bothering me for months now? The Small Business Man... is he an owner of a small business, or business man that happens to be short?

#41 Posted by Dethfish (3630 posts) -

It's so good. The song is fantastic and the video makes it even better.

#42 Posted by Fobwashed (1908 posts) -

This is the best. Well done =D

#43 Edited by EternalVigil (239 posts) -

@joeyravn said:

I love it. This is, as customary, amazing, Hamster.

Can I just ask a question that's been bothering me for months now? The Small Business Man... is he an owner of a small business, or business man that happens to be short?

The world can never know the truth.

Hamster you are a wizard-man.

#44 Edited by Harkat (1100 posts) -

This is great and all, but I really always imagined small business man as some kind of mini-vinny siting in the palm of jeff gerstmann, dangling his legs off his hand.

#45 Posted by Elyhaym (192 posts) -

Fantastic! On board with this!

#46 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

AAAAAmazing! You are indeed a wizard.

#47 Posted by HeyGuys (344 posts) -

This is just fantastic! Put a huge smile on my face.

#48 Posted by HammondofTexas (546 posts) -

THIS IS FUCKING FANTASTIC!

#49 Edited by Irvandus (2826 posts) -

This is the only website that could make advertisements a community would actually get behind.

#50 Posted by Kain55 (121 posts) -

That just made me substantially happier than it has any right to do really. That was fantastic good sir.