So, Twilight

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

What does Left 4 Dead being the most popular game on the site have to do with criticizing Twilight? It doesn't even relate in the least way. Nearly everyone here always agreed on their feelings on Twilight though, and ranting here isn't changing anything.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate

I saw a trailer for twilight when i went to see quantum of solace - i felt kinda sorry for the poor thing, 

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_

They're incomparable.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

Left 4 Dead isnt supposed to have a story....its not a single player story driven game. You make that out to be a criticizm to Left4Dead, but its exactly what they were aiming for. The writing on the walls of the safe houses, and design of the survivors and special infected are there so the player can say for themselves what they think happened. Valves story game is half life. Left4Dead is in the same pool as TF2 in terms of needing a story, its a multiplayer game, not a single player one, and its built on that, not built on having a story.

So that critcizm has absolutely no standing what so ever. That's like saying you want a story for why in any multiplayer game, the two sides happen to be fighting on that specific map....it makes no sense what so ever. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and as you've seen, the majority of people here and everywhere else see Twilight as a terrible movie only teenage girls will be into,just like the books, which isn't saying much because that means absolutely nothing. If you like it, that's fine, but this is still a pointless thread, especially going as far to compare it with a game that isn't supposed to be a story driven one to begin with. No ones opinion is stopping you from liking the books or the movie if you do, that's all I'm saying...but once more, that comparison is completely invalid in every sense, and has no standing at all.

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By lamegame621

Why do I hate Twilight? Because I heard the term  " Fanpire" the other day.... wtf.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OmegaPirate
pause422 said:
"Left 4 Dead isnt supposed to have a story....its not a single player story driven game. You make that out to be a criticizm to Left4Dead, but its exactly what they were aiming for. The writing on the walls of the safe houses, and design of the survivors and special infected are there so the player can say for themselves what they think happened. Valves story game is half life. Left4Dead is in the same pool as TF2 in terms of needing a story, its a multiplayer game, not a single player one, and its built on that, not built on having a story.

So that critcizm has absolutely no standing what so ever. That's like saying you want a story for why in any multiplayer game, the two sides happen to be fighting on that specific map....it makes no sense what so ever. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and as you've seen, the majority of people here and everywhere else see Twilight as a terrible movie only teenage girls will be into,just like the books, which isn't saying much because that means absolutely nothing. If you like it, that's fine, but this is still a pointless thread, especially going as far to compare it with a game that isn't supposed to be a story driven one to begin with. No ones opinion is stopping you from liking the books or the movie if you do, that's all I'm saying...but once more, that comparison is completely invalid in every sense, and has no standing at all."
Doot forget the mormon housewife!
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OmegaPirate

True fact :- twilight has enterained exactly, 13.7 people in its lifetime

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24

The argument Paul is making doesn't make the bit of sense.  Listen to pause422^

Who cares if L4D doesn't have a story?  Do you care if Tetris has a story?  It is the same thing.  They are not meant to be single-player driven affairs a la BioShock or something like that.  They are multiplayer focused games like Counter Strike, another Valve creation. I don't know much about Twilight, and I don't care to, but if people are criticizing it if it has a bad story (which I don't know if it does or not; I am guessing it is at the very least OK if millions of teenage girls are gushing over it), then it matters because Twilight is:  1) a romantic movie that needs a cogent story 2)an adaptation of a BOOK, which obviously has a story.

So, bringing video games into arguments about movies and books is not relevant at all.  Games and movies and books are very different, and though there are the few games that cross over the story gap (BioShock, Indigo Prophecy, maybe Portal and Half-Life 2), games don't a story to propel the quality. It is more about the gameplay and everything else.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Meowayne
Paul said:
It's most definitely a girl book, but no more adolescent and contrived then something like Final Fantasy, or Gears of War. It doesn't really bug me, but I thought I'd point out it's a bit hypocritical to criticize the story of this book when one of the most popular games on the site right now is Left4Dead. "
Exactly! Thank you!

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OmegaPirate
Paul said:
"OmegaPirate said:
"pause422 said:
"Left 4 Dead isnt supposed to have a story....its not a single player story driven game. You make that out to be a criticizm to Left4Dead, but its exactly what they were aiming for. The writing on the walls of the safe houses, and design of the survivors and special infected are there so the player can say for themselves what they think happened. Valves story game is half life. Left4Dead is in the same pool as TF2 in terms of needing a story, its a multiplayer game, not a single player one, and its built on that, not built on having a story.

So that critcizm has absolutely no standing what so ever. That's like saying you want a story for why in any multiplayer game, the two sides happen to be fighting on that specific map....it makes no sense what so ever. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and as you've seen, the majority of people here and everywhere else see Twilight as a terrible movie only teenage girls will be into,just like the books, which isn't saying much because that means absolutely nothing. If you like it, that's fine, but this is still a pointless thread, especially going as far to compare it with a game that isn't supposed to be a story driven one to begin with. No ones opinion is stopping you from liking the books or the movie if you do, that's all I'm saying...but once more, that comparison is completely invalid in every sense, and has no standing at all."
Doot forget the mormon housewife!"
I never said I liked the author. When you do stuff like that, it just looks like you've skimmed what he and I have said, and just wanted to add some conjecture. "
So what if i did?
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pause422

It entertains those who actually enjoy that I guess, yes, but when you see a movie, its completely different than playing a video game. A video game can be fun with no story what so ever, and movie, unless something else is redeeming it, like absolutely amazing action scenes or something, which I'm very sure Twilight doesn't have, what's left other than a decent story, or climax to something? There isn't much. I'm done posting here now, and I'm anot arguing or disagreeing with you that you can be 'entertained' by the movie, just obviously your thread here is lashing out at the masses that aren't going to be, and find it bad, and you shouldn't honestly care. That and the way Twilight and L4D are incomparable, as far as story.

I also didn't hear anything about only abstinent teenage girls reading twilight, regardless of whether they are or not, teenage girls liking something in no way makes it valid or good. I mean, look at all the pop soft rock bands these days calling themselves 'punk', that really only teenage girls like. Its not saying a lot, hell, its not saying anything.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jayge_

They're still incomparable. There really is no discussion here.

Cogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Cogito

Yeah, stop trying to make your argument here, they are 3 completely different forms of media. It's like your trying to compare the quality of a bike to the quality of a car, "B-But the car has 2 more wheels, and they are both used for transportation", yes but they are two completely different forms of transportation.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Paul said:
"I'm not ranting, just pointing some stuff out. You don't have to get all antsy pants, it's no big deal. Anyways, Left4Dead has almost no story. Twilight was criticized for having a poor story. "
Luckily games are all about the GAMEPLAY lulz.

A movie with teenage ehctors without a good story is like a game with a crappy story and crappy gameplay. No game recently compares . . . o wait.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OmegaPirate
Paul said:
"OmegaPirate said:
"Paul said:
"OmegaPirate said:
"pause422 said:

Doot forget the mormon housewife!"
I never said I liked the author. When you do stuff like that, it just looks like you've skimmed what he and I have said, and just wanted to add some conjecture. "
So what if i did?"
It's immature and doesn't add anything. I'm not angry about it, but I just don't understand why. "
Im not trying to have a dig either, yeah probably isnt the most mature of responses, im just incredibly bored, and this thread seemed a rather amusing place to sit and watch the discussion unfold -however as 98% of the general ppopulation could not give two shits about twilight, i was posting in order ot keep it up the board and lure people in in order to watch the argument unfold and hopefully satisfy my boredom.
I also thought i'd try to be amusing at the same time, obviously failed  - but hey, cant blame a man for trying
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jayge_
Paul said:
"Don't freak out, man. It's no big deal. I'm not lashing out at anyone, just pointing something out. Twilight and Left4Dead are comparable. You can compare almost anything, even apples & oranges (apples are tastier). Oh, it'd be ridiculous to say one is better then the other, but you can still look at them side by side. "
They really aren't. One is a poorly made book written by a random Mormon housewife with no experience writing anything like it who became more successful than she should ever have been, got caught up in it, and continued to write rather poor quality books that appealed to other rather ignorant demographics who's general spectrum of appreciation hardly goes beyond this week's top 10 song charts and Harry Potter. The other is a highly polished, technically brilliant video game that hails from one of the most prestigious development studios in existence that seeks to create a cooperative experience unlike any other, and does so by focusing purely on the environment, the enemies, and the players instead of wasting trivial time with backstory or anything that they know would be worthless due to the genre of films they were attempting to emulate. The focus of both products is so entirely different that there could not possibly be anything more than a laughable attempt at a contrast between them.
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I cannot speak for the books, which I have not read, but I can say that Twilight the film was godawful. Just...godawful.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Demilich

Twilight has nothing in common with Left 4 Dead, per se.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jayge_
Demilich said:
"Twilight has nothing in common with Left 4 Dead, per se."
Oh lord, how I love Demilich, per se.
Cogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cogito

Also, really, vampires, so contrived, if you really were into fantasy novels you'd know that's one of the most contrived and over used romance devices in existence, and proof that twilight is like Harry Potter, that is all.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By Lies

Encylopedia Dramatica has this to say about Twilight... uh.. 5? 4? One of the books. Anyways, I trust them over you. ANd this does not sound like a good book. It sounds like the ramblings of an escaped mental institution patient.

Bella gets knocked up after the wedding with Edward's death-defying sperm (sperm that's been living for 90 years in a dead and fluid-less body) and gives birth to a demon spawn that tries to kill her from the inside out, drinking her uterus blood and breaking her ribs, spine, and pelvis. Insert Meyer's anti-abortion diatribe here. To save her life Eddy gives Bella a cesarean section with his teeth-- no, I'm not making this shit up. This was also Edward's first time having sex even though HE IS OLD AS TIME ITSELF and TEH HAWTEST THING IN THE UNIVERSE!
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OmegaPirate
Lies said:
"Encylopedia Dramatica has this to say about Twilight... uh.. 5? 4? One of the books. Anyways, I trust them over you. ANd this does not sound like a good book. It sounds like the ramblings of an escaped mental institution patient.
Bella gets knocked up after the wedding with Edward's death-defying sperm (sperm that's been living for 90 years in a dead and fluid-less body) and gives birth to a demon spawn that tries to kill her from the inside out, drinking her uterus blood and breaking her ribs, spine, and pelvis. Insert Meyer's anti-abortion diatribe here. To save her life Eddy gives Bella a cesarean section with his teeth-- no, I'm not making this shit up. This was also Edward's first time having sex even though HE IS OLD AS TIME ITSELF and TEH HAWTEST THING IN THE UNIVERSE!
"
Are you joking>!?!?!?! That sounds like the best book EVAR!!!!

Nope, actually it sounds like the worlds worst acid trip - like what would happen if you took a massive dose whilst listening to aphex twin - in silent hill.

Thats how fucked up that is