• 113 results
Posted by Rorie (2911 posts) -

Hey,

look at this pup

Glad to see a mostly positive reaction to the launch of our currently-untitled movie podcast. If you're confused about why this exists, Alex and I both used to work for Screened.com back in the Whiskey Media days, where we had a weekly podcast that focused on movies and television. When BermanBraun bought Screened, neither of us wound up working for it, so we stopped doing that podcast a few weeks shy of our 100th episode.

Alex and I still like talking about movies, so it was a natural thing to try and make some fresh content for GiantBomb, especially since CBS makes it pretty easy to podcast in their podcast studio. Doing this stuff in Audacity instead of Garageband (especially with someone Skyping in) is super simple.

Hopefully you guys enjoy our ruminations on the current cinema arts - we'll figure out some avenue for user questions in the future. And we're still working on the format, so obviously there's some tweaking yet to be done; we'll work out a title and some music before the next episode, I hope. Let me know if there are any issues with the audio.

As far as its premium status goes, this is pretty obviously not core game coverage, so it seemed to fit better as premium content when we were conceiving it. Apologies if anyone is bummed out at not having access to it, but for the moment hopefully our premium members enjoy it! And if you don't, feel free to let me know why.

Staff
#1 Edited by Aegon (5638 posts) -

Yay it's back! Try to get some of the rest of the crew in here and there. Those guest podcasts were pretty fun as well.

#2 Posted by FinalDasa (1744 posts) -

What's Screened?

#3 Posted by Rorie (2911 posts) -

@aegon: it'll probably be easier to do that now than it has been in the past. We'll see!

Staff
#4 Posted by Vance_Helsing (215 posts) -

I'm literally crying at my office right now, tears of joy. Wow. This was the impetus to make me resub.

#5 Posted by MichaelEM3 (33 posts) -

This is the best thing!

#6 Posted by TopCat (74 posts) -

i got to discover and enjoy a hell of a lot movies listening to BtsD podcast and also became more than a habit to seek out many of the movies you guys talk about it, and also many tv shows like the wire so i hope this new movie podcast gets more than 100 ep.

#7 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

It's a good day, indeed.

#8 Edited by Tarsier (1064 posts) -

thats a good pup

#9 Posted by Olqavtoras (222 posts) -

This podcast alone will make me renew my subscription when it's time. That's how much I like this.

#10 Posted by kennybaese (666 posts) -

I was thinking earlier today how much I'd enjoy hearing you guys talk about movies like Man of Steel and Only God Forgives when they come out. Now my dream can come true!

#11 Edited by mixedupzombies (95 posts) -

Behind the Bomb Screening Room? Also so glad you guys are back to your quality standards the podcast was getting worse near the buyout. Who knows maybe this will get me back into watching movies.

#12 Posted by dvorak (1496 posts) -

You should keep the episode numbering. Why not?

#13 Posted by granderojo (1788 posts) -

I like Cinemabomb as a name because it sort of sounds like Cinnabon.

#14 Posted by TwoLines (2811 posts) -

Puppy!

I'll listen to it. Glad to see you two back at it!

#15 Posted by Rorie (2911 posts) -

@mixedupzombies: The last few podcasts were weird because we knew we were going to have to stop. Hopefully we'll be more excited about doing these from now on!

Staff
#16 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -

What's Screened?

I see what you did there.

#17 Edited by JamesJeux007 (473 posts) -

Really looking forward to it ! I was kinda bummed that we didn't get some more Matt Rorie on the site, except in the chat during livestreams. Looking forward to hearing more from you :')

#18 Posted by ZombiePie (5669 posts) -

I like Cinemabomb as a name because it sort of sounds like Cinnabon.

That really hits my Flix Fix.

Let's keep it up with the punny podcast names!

Moderator Online
#19 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

I have not even started listening to the podcast yet, but just the thought of you and Alex talking about movies again is a wonderful one. I hope this keeps up for the foreseeable future.

#20 Posted by Tennmuerti (8103 posts) -

Will defiantly give it a listen after I watch them myself.

#21 Edited by leinad44 (514 posts) -

Sweet sweet content! Thanks guys!

#22 Edited by RPGee (759 posts) -

Yeah!

YEAH!

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

This is fantastic news.

#23 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

This... This makes me very happy. Glad to see the podcast back!

#24 Edited by SleepingLesson (108 posts) -

This is such fantastic news. I'm really, really happy to hear you guys again! And what a great time to revive it, with such great films to talk about on the first episode.

I hope this is a regular feature!

#25 Posted by JCHenderson (123 posts) -

I am cool with it behind a pay wall but is it possible to have a podcast like that still available on apps like instacast? All my listening happens on commute and if I can avoid having to manually download it to my phone from elsewhere that would be awesome but not a deal breaker if you can't.

#26 Posted by JacobG (39 posts) -

This is awesome. I can't wait to give it a listen!

#27 Posted by Rorie (2911 posts) -

@jchenderson: I'm not really sure how that works, but I'll check in with our engineering team about it.

Staff
#28 Edited by csl316 (8675 posts) -

The week where Ryan visited and everything was terrible is one of the best podcasts I've ever heard (1-9-12, it seems).

"Ryan, do you even listen to our podcast?" *with disgust* "No!"

BTSD (and OG Screened in general) played a large part in turning me into a movie buff rather than just a movie fan. So hot damn, this is great news.

Although the new intro music standards are ridiculously high. Faux Indiana Jones was wonderful.

#29 Edited by Dtat (1623 posts) -

I am cool with it behind a pay wall but is it possible to have a podcast like that still available on apps like instacast? All my listening happens on commute and if I can avoid having to manually download it to my phone from elsewhere that would be awesome but not a deal breaker if you can't.

I would also like to know about this.

#30 Posted by prod88 (46 posts) -

i like

#31 Posted by mtfikhan (101 posts) -

Hey Matt same question as @jchenderson. I use Pocket Casts and would prefer to get it directly from there rather than downloading it. Cheers

#32 Posted by MAJID (212 posts) -

I love you Rorie and Alex! Thank you for this spiritual successor to BTSD. I only hope that Rorie will regularly get to break out into ' ... it's been a long road ...'

#33 Edited by InsaneGenis (96 posts) -

Giant Dud!

And I could use another podcast during the week, so this is cool.

#34 Posted by FateOfNever (1839 posts) -

I'm pretty bummed this is premium, even if I understand why it's premium.

#35 Posted by virtorio (249 posts) -

Best reveal all week.

#36 Edited by StarvingGamer (8241 posts) -

36 replies to this thread, only two without a badge.

Yep.

#37 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -
#38 Posted by oraknabo (1464 posts) -

Tie the name in with TANG and WU-TANG-- MusTANG? You decide what the first three stand for.

#39 Posted by Aegon (5638 posts) -

@oraknabo said:

Tie the name in with TANG and WU-TANG-- MusTANG? You decide what the first three stand for.

Screentang.

#40 Edited by csl316 (8675 posts) -

@oraknabo: Movie Ultimate Show-TANG.

I approve because I drive a Mustang.

#41 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

As a premium member, I wish it weren't premium content because I want to throw it into my podcast app.

Otherwise, super happy with it so far!

#42 Posted by Demoskinos (14835 posts) -

So going to listen to this while playing some Dark Souls. =D

#43 Edited by Andorski (5310 posts) -

What's Screened?

That would be a good name for this podcast.

#44 Edited by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

KHANNNNN!!!!

#45 Posted by Wikitoups (821 posts) -

Were getting back the screencast??? FUCK YEH!!!

#46 Edited by zFUBARz (627 posts) -

HOORAY!

Pooped a little when i saw that story pop up on the homepage.

#47 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1421 posts) -

This is the culmination of everything i ever wanted since screened was gutted. FUCK YEAH!!!

#48 Posted by eshchan (47 posts) -

Thanks for making the movie podcast again. While I love to hear you guys review of popular, I specially like you guys talks about indie and smaller movies like I am love in the past and Before Midnight just now. Although I'll probably skip Before Midnight, I did end up watching I am love and went to see Nixon in China afterward

#49 Posted by TheHT (11265 posts) -

I've almost completely caught up with Mad Men, all the way from season 1 that I started last month. Hopefully you guys'll have some TV discussion in there too.

#50 Edited by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

Suggestions:

Talk about TV: Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Justified, Community and Breaking Bad/Walking Dead will be back soon enough.

Get in Joey Fameli as a guest!

Get Ryan in as a guest!

Allow the first episode to be available to everyone as an appetizer. (Wishful thinking, I know.)

The odd written review would be enjoyable.

Thank you so much for bringing this back! Behind the Screened Door nurtured my film interest into a career path, I owe you two a lot!