Some quick notes on our premium movie podcast!

• 113 results
rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By rorie

@dylabaloo: I'm pretty sure we'll definitely almost certainly talk about TV in the future. Probably more Alex than me, as I'm not really watching much at the moment. But we'll see!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andorski said:

Personal opinion: This should be free content. I'm probably being optimistically naive, but I think the vast majority of subscribers here don't subscribe because we want the content behind the paywall. I think a lot of us subscribe because we think good content should be supported by those enjoying it - not just by marketers and their ads.

Keeping the video stuff behind the paywall makes sense. They are usually +1 hour long, and I assume it cost a lot of money (compared to just having articles being posted) to have that be streamed for the GB audience. I wouldn't think podcasts cost as much to host online, and having a podcast that isn't game focused could be a new entry way for non-GB fans to come and check out this site.

This is just my two cents. Either way, I enjoy just having more stuff get posted on this site.

We'll take this under consideration! It's possible we'll shift it out of premium at some point, but for the moment, it seems like it fits better as premium content.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By rorie

@abendlaender: We're going to try to make it every other week, but we'll see!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By rorie

@humanity said:

@rorie: I haven't seen the movies that you discuss in that Podcast but am planning to do so in the near future - is it spoiler free or do you get pretty in-depth about the plot and such?

We're mostly spoiler-free, except for Star Trek and Iron Man, but we're pretty clear about when we lapse into spoiler territory.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

@rorie said:

@dylabaloo: I'm pretty sure we'll definitely almost certainly talk about TV in the future. Probably more Alex than me, as I'm not really watching much at the moment. But we'll see!

I'd love to hear you guys discuss the new Arrested Development season if either you or @alex have watched it.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@rorie: In my mind the podcast won't be complete until you tell me how many puppies you would give a movie.

On a more serious note, I've been hearing the Screened podcast opening in my head for days now so thanks to you and @alex for that! I really forgot how much I missed hearing you two talk about movies.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@alwaysbeclothing said:

@rorie: In my mind the podcast won't be complete until you tell me how many puppies you would give a movie.

On a more serious note, I've been hearing the Screened podcast opening in my head for days now so thanks to you and @alex for that! I really forgot how much I missed hearing you two talk about movies.

Agreed. On all levels.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By rorie

@alwaysbeclothing said:

Agreed. On all levels.

Well, one of the good things about doing a podcast is that I don't have to assign movies scores anymore. But we'll see!

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@rorie said:

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@alwaysbeclothing said:

Agreed. On all levels.

Well, one of the good things about doing a podcast is that I don't have to assign movies scores anymore. But we'll see!

Oh - I feel the need to say that we don't expect you to rush into movies day-one with a notepad anymore! No pressure, keep it chill - I enjoyed hearing that you totally rock up to movies with a couple of beers in you nowadays.

BUT, it's just good to have a barometer, as casual comments generally don't convey an overall opinion. For example, from your discussion this week, I have no idea how positive you or Alex actually were on Star Trek 2 and Iron Man 3.

If you gave them puppy ratings out of 5 however...

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#110  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@rorie: Glad to see the spiritual successor to screened is up and running. For suggestions as a person who primarily watches stuff through netflix/ hulu plus / amazon prime was wondering if you guys might add like a recommend segment of streaming content that you saw and enjoyed. Would also like to see Ryan up on the podcast with his wealth of knowledge of pop culture information.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By Aetheldod

@rorie: I was sad about it being premium but puppy pic made things better ^___^

tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

BTSD was pretty much the only movie podcast I've ever routinely listened to so I'm pretty happy to see it's returned.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#113  Edited By Dylabaloo

@rorie said:

I look forward to it! Thanks for taking the time to reply.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: Sure, that might be done! Although Netflix seems to have slowed down on new acquired content lately in favor of making their own stuff...we'll see!

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OH MY GOD WHY ISNT THIS SHIT FREE FOR EV-oooohwhatacutepuppy