#1 Edited by LordJezo (82 posts) -

Maybe they don't realize their very own bodies are the world's greatest can top vent maker because they are all proper west coast gentmen and not an East coast savage like myself. It's true though, anyone with an arm and an elbow has a built in can vent maker that can be used to make any canned beverage pour easier for faster drinking.

Here's how to do it.

Step 1) Get a can

Step 2) Open said can

Step 3) With said can open take your elbow and put it on the mouth of the can

Step 4) Take your elblow and push into the can mouth. Roll it from the front of the can, the part you drink from, to the back of the opening. You'll hear a crack.

Step 5) Voila , a vented can.

Now everyone can enjoy the smooth pour of a vented mouth can without being forced to buy Coors.

So please let Jeff know, he doesn't need to invent anything and can crack the top of any can he wants for enjoyable chugging.

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

That looks like a great way to cut your elbow but also an awesome way to shotgun a coke.

#3 Posted by Grimace (376 posts) -

Caffeine-free Coke? Since when?

#4 Posted by Brodehouse (9966 posts) -

Use your boot knife.

#5 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Why are you drinking caffeine free coke?

#6 Posted by jking47 (1214 posts) -

You said it yourself, we are no savages.

We are just trying to drink our cheap canned beer as fast as humanly possible, not look like some sort of uncivilized barbarians!

#7 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Caffeine free Coke? is this a joke or something?!

#8 Posted by Chrjz (333 posts) -

What's the big deal with caffeine free Coke? I used to drink it all the time when I was younger...

#9 Posted by Grilledcheez (3948 posts) -

Yeah I would just cut it with a knife device. The Miller punch top thing seems to be the best system so far.

#10 Posted by sonicrift (301 posts) -

Caffeine-free Coke? Wuss!

#11 Posted by AlianthaBerries (142 posts) -

Maybe I am being stupid bit can someone please explain to me why it is necessary to do this? Do american cans not pour correctly? Doing this seems like it will make the pouring uneven.

#12 Posted by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -

@AlianthaBerries said:

Maybe I am being stupid bit can someone please explain to me why it is necessary to do this? Do american cans not pour correctly? Doing this seems like it will make the pouring uneven.

STOP BEING STUPID. We need the beer/soda to explode down our gullets. I don't have time to think about getting a glass, the liquid MUST explode directly into my stomach.

#13 Posted by The_Nubster (2170 posts) -

@AlianthaBerries: Opening another hole in the can allows the air to enter from another place, and not make the liquid chug on its way out of the can/bottle/whatevs.

#14 Posted by AlianthaBerries (142 posts) -

@RenMcKormack: It's all so clear to me now... Thanks from across the pond

#15 Posted by scalpel (314 posts) -

@AlianthaBerries said:

It allows entering air to escape through the crack, meaning you can drink quickly.

#16 Edited by LordJezo (82 posts) -

@Guided_By_Tigers said:

Why are you drinking caffeine free coke?

It was 5pm when I was taking the pictures, caffeine would keep me up all night.

To make up for it I mixed it with some Appleton once I was done with my photoshoot.

About cutting yourself on the can, no, that has never happened. Maybe if you are some sort of baby skinned baby skinner but if you are the sort of person who needs to drink a vented can then I doubt you'll be in any danger of cuts.

About the knife, sure, that might work, but the number of times I am with an elbow compared to the number I times I am somewhere with a knife.. elbow wins.

For people who don't know what this is about: http://vimeo.com/2359852

Coors vented can for faster drinking.

#17 Posted by sungahymn (1017 posts) -

Mmm, coke.

No, not that kind. The one in the pic.

#18 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2107 posts) -

Miller has a bunch of these shams. It is not for a smoother pour, its for bros to bro out by having a beer that is their go-to shotgun beer. :|

They did this stupid thing with the "Vortex" in their bottles last year or the year before... I don't think they are vortexing anymore... :|

#19 Posted by ds8k (412 posts) -

@Guided_By_Tigers: Diet caffeine free coke might be the dumbest product I've seen someone buy. Enjoy your brown sugar water, you heathen.

#20 Posted by Sackmanjones (4711 posts) -

I haven't had a soda in a month... He'll I haven't had anything good in a month. Fuckin diet, lost 25 pounds though. Totally off topic.

#21 Posted by Jayzilla (2563 posts) -

I like tea in a glass. i like the vent idea. also, have any of the posters thought that the OP maybe didn't want to waste his demonstration on a soda he really likes? if he does like it, then i agree with said posters.

#22 Posted by LordJezo (82 posts) -

Any beer or soda that I am cracking with my elbow is not one I would want to savor and enjoy.