Spoilers. Minor ones, but still...

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Much as I love me some Bombcast, this week's edition had a touch of the spoilers about it - mild spoilers, though spoilers all the same. I'm currently playing through Bioshock Infinite - I normally don't buy current games as soon as they appear, but I decided to make a bit of an exception in that the hype was too good to resist. So far, so good. I secretly noted that I'll be side-stepping all the spoiler-type stuff which the Bombcast usually puts out there a few weeks after a game's release.

So the chatter about the ending of Bioshock Infinite was mildly infuriating, especially since they announced that there would be a special "Spoilercast" for the game. All that chatter which went on in the latest Bombcast? Save it for that! Mr. Klepek seems to like teasing stuff like spoilers but in a way that actually slightly spoils things. Only slightly. A soupcon of a spoiler, but a spoiler all the same. The chat about comparing the ending to a certain movie director and then a certain movie? Fuck that. Cheers, Patrick. Now I have that exact fucking movie in my head when I play Bioshock Infinite.

I also noted he was itching to reveal the twist of the latest Army of Two game even though it's only been out there for a single week. What gives?

Maybe it's the beard.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SlashDance

Did they say which movie they were talking about ? What was it (just curious) ?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

OH MY GOD. "it reminds me of a movie" is NOT a spoiler.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I don't think you could possibly know which movie until you have completed it. Also, who cares about the plot in Army of Two?

ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ModernAlkemie

Seriously? They did not say anything that even remotely spoiled plot points of the game!

I think the movie comparison is simply to compare how after watching some movies you spend a good time afterward trying to pick apart the plot and might want to see the film againto better understand it. That is all they were saying, and also why they talked about the comparison of the game to some of Kubrick's work where people try to pick apart all kinds of details put into the game.

It really seems like you are projecting expectations onto what they are saying and looking for spoilers where there are none.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

Wasn't it Brad and not Patrick who was using the movie comparison?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starfoxa said:

Wasn't it Brad and not Patrick who was using the movie comparison?

Yes lol... blaming Patrick for something Brad said. Not to mention he said absolutely nothing other than "it reminds me of a movie." Beat the game... nothing on the podcast was spoilerish

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

The chat about comparing the ending to a certain movie director and then a certain movie? Fuck that. Cheers, Patrick. Now I have that exact fucking movie in my head when I play Bioshock Infinite.

Um, what? The director Patrick mentioned was Kubrick, because he directed The Shining, because The Shining is a movie that people have devoted a fuckton of time to in search of hidden themes and meaning. This game has fuck all to do with The Shining outside of the fact that people are talking about it a lot. Do you think at some point Elizabeth is going to be locked in a bedroom and Comstock is going to chop his way through and say, "Here's Zachy!" or something?

I guarantee you the movie Brad (IIRC) was thinking about is not a Kubrick movie.

Did they say which movie they were talking about ? What was it (just curious) ?

No, Brad (IIRC) said it reminded him of a movie, but did not specify which one.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IIRC, Brad didn't even say that the events reminded him of a movie. He said that the way it made him feel afterwards was similar to how he felt after watching a certain movie.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

This doesn't qualify as grasping at straws, this is grasping at what you think MIGHT be straws.

Avanzato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got spoiled to the ending of infinite on a Gamespot Twitch chat and as Jeff has said knowing it doesn't make that much difference to the game. In fact I picked up on clues that I'd normally need a second play through to notice.

Also as has been said above nothing on the Bombcast was spoiler, even having finished the game I couldn't be 100% sure what Brad was alluding to.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Man, people look for a reason to get upset about everything--and it wasn't even Patrick! I've played through the game and they didn't spoil anything.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Is this real life?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By colourful_hippie

lol

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By altairre

I am currently playing through Infinite and I listened to the bombcast. There is absolutely nothing in there that is anywhere near to being a spoiler. All those "oh god, spoiler" people are fucking insane.

If you care so much about it then don't listen to podcasts that discuss recent videogames. I didn't listen to the Mass Effect 3 episodes until I finished it because I didn't want to know anything about it but there are few games I have that kind of investment in and like I said if that's the case just wait until you finish it.

Also no one gives a shit about the plot of Army of Two and they didn't even spoil that.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that annoyed me was how they started off saying they'd have a spoilercast and didn't want to talk about in this podcast because they'd be tiptoeing around all the potential spoilers... Then went on for a good while tiptoeing around spoilers.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds like a problem you've given yourself.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By JasonR86

Nothing about that podcast spoiled anything about the end of that game. I'll spoil the game as much as they did right now. Ready? Hey, something big and potentially confusing happens at the end of the game.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By StarFoxA

@jasonr86: Hey man you mind spoiler tagging that? Jesus.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Much as I love me some Bombcast, this week's edition had a touch of the spoilers about it - mild spoilers, though spoilers all the same. I'm currently playing through Bioshock Infinite - I normally don't buy current games as soon as they appear, but I decided to make a bit of an exception in that the hype was too good to resist. So far, so good. I secretly noted that I'll be side-stepping all the spoiler-type stuff which the Bombcast usually puts out there a few weeks after a game's release.

So the chatter about the ending of Bioshock Infinite was mildly infuriating, especially since they announced that there would be a special "Spoilercast" for the game. All that chatter which went on in the latest Bombcast? Save it for that! Mr. Klepek seems to like teasing stuff like spoilers but in a way that actually slightly spoils things. Only slightly. A soupcon of a spoiler, but a spoiler all the same. The chat about comparing the ending to a certain movie director and then a certain movie? Fuck that. Cheers, Patrick. Now I have that exact fucking movie in my head when I play Bioshock Infinite.

I also noted he was itching to reveal the twist of the latest Army of Two game even though it's only been out there for a single week. What gives?

Maybe it's the beard.

I was worried about the very same thing, but I beat the game last night and had literally zero spoiled for me. Don't worry.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't listen to a show about video games and not expect them to talk about video games.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EXTomar

How is saying "It reminds me of a movie" any type of a spoiler? For the love of god people are too touchy about spoilers.

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Holy shit stop being a crybaby. I knew *exactly* what you were going to complain about as soon as I saw the title of the thread.

-----------

Also, Elizabeth isn't real and the player was Tyler Durden the whole time. And he was dead the whole time. And the totem stopped spinning after the cut-to-black.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Is this real life?

Non. C'est illusoire.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By MEATBALL

As mentioned above, it was Brad, not Patrick. It didn't seem like a big deal to me, but I'd already finished, Brad wasn't even specific about the film or director.

And Patrick was itching to know about the Army of Two twist just because it was being discussed and it had already been spoilt in the Quick Look, I can understand feeling like it might be okay to talk about it if the site has already spoilt it elsewhere, I don't think Patrick was being a jerk and it was ultimately decided not to spoil the twist so what does it matter?

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

grow a thicker skin. and if you are really that sensitive about spoilers, just stop listening to game discussion altogether, this whining benefits no one.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, GET OVER IT.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you being for real?

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Spoiler: Brad Shoemocker is Austrian.

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Didn't they spoil the Army of Two twist in the Quick Look? And 10 minutes before Jeff predicted it verbatim. If it's that predictable, it barely even counts as a twist.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pickassoreborn: For shorter games, I kind of think its fair to say finish the game prior to consuming gaming related coverage. Isn't bioshock equiv to 4 bombcasts?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't think Patrick has even beaten the game...

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#33  Edited By JasonR86

I don't think Patrick has even beaten the game...

May as well just yell at him for good measure.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Chibithor

@pickassoreborn said:

The chat about comparing the ending to a certain movie director and then a certain movie? Fuck that. Cheers, Patrick.

You mean when Brad compared how he felt after Infinite to how he felt after a certain completely unspecified movie, stressing that it did not remind him of the actual movie?

Or when Patrick who has not completed the game compared the way people try to pick apart every little detail of Infinite to Room 237 (People picking apart every little detail of The Shining), not even implying that Infinite has anything to do with The Shining?

I really don't think it's the beard. Neither Brad's or Patrick's.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I just listened to the podcast again. Ryan is the one that brings up Kubrick, not Patrick.

Lol, this thread.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoiler fear is getting out of hand... soon people will be bashing the games themselves for spoiling the story by the sheer act of telling the story.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This reminds me of the time people were getting upset because Brad talked about a moment in DmC where the world turned in to a chalkboard to show you your next objective, and then a good chunk of the community lambasted him for "spoiling" the game.

I would think that people who play a lot of video games, watch a lot of video game videos, and listen to video game-related podcasts would be better equipped to deal with video game reviewers talking about popular video games.