#1 Posted by brainwins (252 posts) -

I'm currently listening to the first Aerosmith album, (I don't have any of their other albums) because of a quick mention on the podcast. Also, I added the homemade breakfast burrito to my morning options, thanks to Vinny.

What stuff have you gotten into because of the Bombcast? Not counting games, of course.

#2 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1194 posts) -

Now that the question was asked I can't really think of one. The guys individually have brought a lot of things to my attention, especially in the old Gamespot days. But I can't think of one from the Bombcast exactly.

#3 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Public Enemy.

HD-DVDs of Tokyo Drift.

#4 Posted by Absolute_Zero (242 posts) -
#5 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1194 posts) -

@Absolute_Zero said:

I've been going through Aerosmith's catalog since reading this: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/02/itagaki-dice-2012/

Itagaki said:

No matter what anyone says, Aerosmith and Armageddon were the ones who saved my life, my company, my friends and my family

Just perfect.

Oh wow, that explains why Dream On was in the intro to Dead or Alive Ultimate 2.

#6 Posted by august (3861 posts) -

Tell it to the judge.

#7 Posted by brainwins (252 posts) -
No matter what anyone says, Aerosmith and Armageddon were the ones who saved my life, my company, my friends and my family

Quote of the month.

#8 Posted by htr10 (344 posts) -

I've tried mixing numerous colas, using Jolt Cola as my base, as per the teenage years of one Jeff Gerstmann.

#9 Posted by SamFo (1552 posts) -

I fell into a deep Storage Wars hole.

Also welcome to Jurassic Park dubstep remix.

#10 Posted by white_sox (211 posts) -

I watched Sneakers last weekend because they were talking about it on the Bombcast. Hadn't even heard of it before then.

#11 Posted by wemibelec90 (1806 posts) -

Thinking back to some of the ideas and past events the Bomb Crew have come up with over the years, I really hope most people don't try and do them...

#12 Posted by ballsnbayonets (156 posts) -

MURDER

#13 Posted by gamerpigeon (365 posts) -

Ryan mentioned on a Thanksgiving Episode i Believe that Cooking a Chicken/Turkey upside down means the whole Bird is Moist rather than loads of juice son the bottom and dry on top. GENIUS!!!

#14 Posted by Joker369 (882 posts) -

I have been watching a fair amount of Storage Wars recently

#15 Edited by benson (318 posts) -

I didn't buy a racing wheel.

#16 Edited by Absolute_Zero (242 posts) -

@brainwins: It's a quote to LIVE LIFE by. Aerosmith, Armageddon, infinite repeat. But to actually answer your original question, I can't think of any subliminal effect the Bombcast has had on me.

@benson: Don't buy a racing wheel.

#17 Posted by Blind_Evil (306 posts) -

Sleigh Bells! Noise pop.

#18 Posted by benspyda (2043 posts) -

I'm reading the Horus Heresy because of Vinny. They are really good actually.

#19 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

zojirushi.

Best purchase I've made.

#20 Edited by RuthLoose (829 posts) -

I bought a Zojirushi thermos. But, then again, didn't we all do that after their many shout-outs?

#21 Posted by takayamasama (443 posts) -

Because of the Bombcast and Jeff, I went down the rabbit hole which started with Trackmania 2 and ended with a whole lotta dubstep.

I really like dubstep now...

#22 Posted by Ares42 (2776 posts) -

Breaking Bad

#23 Edited by Nightriff (5257 posts) -

A goal to drink all energy drinks in the world... anyone have the list of the ones they drank?

#24 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

Got myself a Zojirushi rice cooker.

Also watched the first season of Twin Peaks.

#25 Posted by JackSukeru (5949 posts) -

Fucking swearing!

#26 Posted by Milkman (17198 posts) -

Comedy Death Ray

#27 Posted by Aegon (5769 posts) -
@Milkman said:
Comedy Death Ray

#28 Posted by HatKing (6062 posts) -

@Blind_Evil said:

Sleigh Bells! Noise pop.

Awesome. When they mentioned Sleigh Bells on the podcast I decided to go and relisten to the album (haven't really listened to them in quite some time) and I've pretty much had it on repeat since. I really need to get their new album.

#29 Posted by Vextroid (1427 posts) -

The next thing I am going to do after view this topic is purchase Trackmania 2.

#30 Edited by Little_Socrates (5694 posts) -

Being them. No, I'm serious. Too much listening to them is causing me to develop Jeff and Ryan's sense of humor. It would be kind of a problem if everyone didn't like them so much.

Also, while I knew I liked dubstep after listening to Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites and going to Lollapalooza 2011, the TrackMania 2 stuff is what really got me to start actively looking for more dubstep. It would've happened anyways as I have a couple friends that really like it, but I have to give credit where credit is due.

EDIT: I also bought Zardoz. That movie is fantastic.

#31 Posted by Vonocourt (2160 posts) -
#32 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Face and neck stabbing. 

#33 Posted by Hunkadunkasaurus (183 posts) -

I bought Skylanders and listened to dubstep for the first time. Giant Bomb has ruined my life.

#34 Edited by omghisam (308 posts) -

Jeff's story about trying to reactivate his Guild Wars account led me trying to do the same, which led me to rebuying Guild Wars and all of its expansions, which led me to sink a whole lot of time into Guild Wars.

#35 Posted by isomeri (1388 posts) -

I've dabbled into some stabbing ever since the BombCrew made it sound so satisfying.

In all actuality, I probably wouldn't have bought Saint's Row: The Third if it wasn't for the BombCast. I really enjoyed the game.

#36 Posted by JustKamToo (715 posts) -

I drank a whole case of Pussy one weekend.

#37 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
  • Trackmania
  • Sleigh Bells
  • Saints Row: The Third
  • unironically ironically enjoying dubstep
#38 Edited by Cloneslayer (1641 posts) -

@white_sox said:

I watched Sneakers last weekend because they were talking about it on the Bombcast. Hadn't even heard of it before then.

same, If they mention something interesting I'll defiantly check it out.

EDIT: Totally forgot Saints Row: The Third. It was really the fact that it got soo far in the GotY deliberations that I picked it up. I wasn't interested in it even after all the pimping of the game by Jeff and GB, because I hated the first two sooo much but I ended up picking it up for like 30 bucks and loving the hell out of it (though the parts where your actually play it kinda sucked)