• 58 results
Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -
Image unrelated.
If you've been a long-time Giant Bomb user, you may have noticed that pages have started loading much faster since our recent redesign. This is due to some back-end infrastructure upgrades that our resident iGurus upstairs have ginned up, and it is irrefutably awesomeHowever, in addition to sporadic reports of internal bleeding due to this new high-speed awesomeness, one of the unfortunate side-effects of these upgrades is that we've been forced to move the Bombcast-specific RSS feed to a new URL, which may cause issues for some subscribers.

If you're subscribed to the Bombcast through iTunes, the feed ought to update automatically, so don't worry your pretty little head about any of this. Everyone else, point your RSS reader of choice to this URL:

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/

And that's it! Please note that this ONLY applies to the Bombcast feed, and all other RSS feeds on Giant Bomb--including our Kitchen Sink feed--are unaffected by these changes. A message similar to this one ought to be showing up in the existing Bombcast feed over the next 24 hours, but I just wanted to get this message out as soon as possible and in as many ways as possible. Thanks for sticking with us through this, folks!
#1 Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -
Image unrelated.
If you've been a long-time Giant Bomb user, you may have noticed that pages have started loading much faster since our recent redesign. This is due to some back-end infrastructure upgrades that our resident iGurus upstairs have ginned up, and it is irrefutably awesomeHowever, in addition to sporadic reports of internal bleeding due to this new high-speed awesomeness, one of the unfortunate side-effects of these upgrades is that we've been forced to move the Bombcast-specific RSS feed to a new URL, which may cause issues for some subscribers.

If you're subscribed to the Bombcast through iTunes, the feed ought to update automatically, so don't worry your pretty little head about any of this. Everyone else, point your RSS reader of choice to this URL:

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/

And that's it! Please note that this ONLY applies to the Bombcast feed, and all other RSS feeds on Giant Bomb--including our Kitchen Sink feed--are unaffected by these changes. A message similar to this one ought to be showing up in the existing Bombcast feed over the next 24 hours, but I just wanted to get this message out as soon as possible and in as many ways as possible. Thanks for sticking with us through this, folks!
#2 Posted by RelentlessKnight (963 posts) -

Awesome! Thanks!

#3 Posted by Luberik (129 posts) -

very good, tx for letting us know!

#4 Posted by lamegame621 (975 posts) -

noice

#5 Posted by Brackynews (4094 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up.  I speak for iTunes feeds and genome soldiers everywhere when I say: 

(!)

#6 Posted by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

What about Zune? Will that automatically switch over, or do I have to redownload them all in the new feed?

#7 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

zune sucks.

#8 Posted by Jesus_Juice (251 posts) -

Woah, the Zune sucks? Thanks for letting me know. I guess I'll have to throw out my Zune and buy an ipod so I can be like everyone else.

#9 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

How does Zune handle podcasts? Do you just point it to the required RSS feed and get them that way? If so, you'll need to update it yourself.

#10 Posted by Aaron_G (1616 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up guys!

#11 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

thats right Jesus_Juice. do as i command.

#12 Posted by The_Dude_Abides (185 posts) -

can you fix your RSS feed too while your at it? Cause whenever i press the orange button the feed i'm pointed to is only a feed for your reviews. I want the whole shit cake.

#13 Posted by Sokkratez (26 posts) -

If you subscribed through the Zune Marketplace, I'd imagine it would update automatically. GB may need to re-submit it.

Also, the Kitchen Sink link doesn't work for me at the moment.

#14 Posted by Derios (423 posts) -

I see.

#15 Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -

Looking into the Zune-specific stuff. Fear not, The Social hasn't been completely forgotten by Giant Bomb!

#16 Posted by Stormarrow (14 posts) -

Hmm.. I'm having some trouble getting it to work with PSP. It comes up in the web browser but the PSP doesn't seem to understand it is an RSS feed. Strange. 

Anyone else use the PSP for podcasts? Having similar issues?
#17 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -

Thanks... I'll update my Media Server before tomorrow, so come Wednesday morning I can stream the Bombcast through my PS3, while getting ready for work :p

#18 Posted by Blacknight (23 posts) -

yea im having issue with my psp as well, not really sure what to do at the moment. been at it for an hour

#19 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up!

#20 Posted by dcman007 (13 posts) -

Bombcast is now my favourite podcast by a long stretch. Love the site and the work you guys are doing. Looking forward to this weeks episode after the hilarity you provided when talking about Fifty Cent and Streetfighter IV online. Awesomely entertaining guys.

#21 Edited by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

The latest Ghost Busters Bombcast did not appear for me on iTunes, and it was not on the queue of Bombcasts to download. But I'm what many psychologists affectionately refer to as "lol ur so retarded with computrs," so it's very possible that there isn't a problem; it's possible that I'm just being an idiot.

#22 Posted by MB (12788 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"The latest Ghost Busters Bombcast was not automatically updated to iTunes, and it was not on the queue of Bombcasts to download. So I'm missin' out? =/"

You can listen to it from the built-in player on the Bombcast page
#23 Posted by OmegaRadium (61 posts) -

My PSP is Giantbombcast-less! Any tips?

#24 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

That is cool. Thanks for the update, Ryan.

#25 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
MB said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"The latest Ghost Busters Bombcast was not automatically updated to iTunes, and it was not on the queue of Bombcasts to download. So I'm missin' out? =/"
You can listen to it from the built-in player on the Bombcast page"

From the day the website launched, I haven't been able to access the built-in player. This is the case across three different computers and three different browsers (FireFox, IE7, and AOL Explorer.)

So no, I can't. =(
#26 Posted by nismo (38 posts) -
i'm also having problems with switching over using PSP... =(    anybody have any solutions?
#27 Posted by OmegaRadium (61 posts) -

Still trying to figure something out for my PSP myself...

#28 Posted by nismo (38 posts) -
OmegaRadium said:
"Still trying to figure something out for my PSP myself..."
i treid using save target but doesn't work... im pretty shure that it's alot less complicated then i'm thinking it is!  i'll have to wait for the next Bombcast to find out.
#29 Posted by Zuul (313 posts) -

GIANT BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMB DOOT COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*erection*

#30 Posted by OmegaRadium (61 posts) -

PSP users, I figured it out!!

go to http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast/  on your PSP Browser.
Now the entire page won't load, but if you look closely at the top of the page you'll find the Orange RSS button.
Click on it, ADD,  and you're done!  At least until something better comes along.

#31 Posted by coonce (1429 posts) -

good call ryan.

and an even better call on the graphic.
#32 Posted by Oy (280 posts) -

I had to update my Zune with new RSS Feed.  No big deal. I prefer Zune to iPod anyday.

#33 Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -

OK, the Zune folks have been notified about the change in our RSS feed. Zune users should hopefully see an update before our regularly scheduled Bombcast goes live tomorrow evening.

#34 Posted by Seantacular218 (50 posts) -

The iTunes subscription is all messed up though and hasn't automatically updated, instead I get a "!" next to it and says the URL cannot be found.

#35 Posted by mikemosha90 (113 posts) -
Seantacular218 said:
"The iTunes subscription is all messed up though and hasn't automatically updated, instead I get a "!" next to it and says the URL cannot be found."
Same here.
#36 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

Thanks OmegaRadium, hopefully that's the fix. Also, I'm pretty sure the .2% PSP hits Snide was talking about are probably podcasters.

#37 Posted by LuchaDeerFear (41 posts) -

ahaha, is that image from Arc the Lad PS2? Sweet.

#38 Posted by Harts (41 posts) -

Done:)

#39 Posted by suikoden352 (425 posts) -

the itunes bombcast feed is still messed up. i just get the invalid url response when i check to see what is the problem. hopefully they can get this all fixed up in time for the bombcast tomorrow. one of the few things during my week that i look forward to.

#40 Edited by litlike (27 posts) -
OmegaRadium said:
"PSP users, I figured it out!!go to http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast/  on your PSP Browser.Now the entire page won't load, but if you look closely at the top of the page you'll find the Orange RSS button.Click on it, ADD,  and you're done!  At least until something better comes along."
YA,that worked but its the site mashup feed,now there is no info at all in the feed info,just blank mp3s no bomcast episode number,nothing,i wonder if it is the .xml vs -xml?
#41 Posted by Marino (4739 posts) -

Yeah, iTunes feed is still busted. :(

Staff
#42 Posted by Kohe321 (3530 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up!

#43 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

iTunes hasn't updated yet....

#44 Posted by innacces14 (735 posts) -

ZENcast users got a final warning podcast from the old RSS feed that came with the address of the new feed and the 8-bit tune they play when they take a break.....I always wanted that tune.....Thank you Giantbomb.com!! :DDD

#45 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

good that its updating

#46 Posted by TheHBK (5510 posts) -

This seems to have broken my subscription on itunes.  let me see if i have to get it again to fix it.  But yeah, you lied to me, it broke.

#47 Posted by Carlos1408 (1530 posts) -

Thanks for the info! :)

#48 Posted by masterfaculty (152 posts) -

i'm getting an "incorrect url" error on itunes as well.

#49 Posted by SleepingLesson (119 posts) -

iTunes download isn't working for me, either.

#50 Posted by bigdaddyjack21 (174 posts) -

I had problems with iTunes also