• 66 results
#1 Edited by Reisz (1369 posts) -
#2 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6375 posts) -

As I said to Patrick on Twitter, hats off to them. I hope this isn't corporate pressure on them to not miss a Tuesday.

#3 Posted by adnrewn (1 posts) -

I hope they don't feel they need to do this for my sake. For our sake.
But if this is something they want/need to do for themselves, I will listen.

#4 Edited by fuzzy510 (206 posts) -

@godlyawesomeguy: I don't think corporate really gives two shits about them doing a podcast. Heck, since they can't really monetize the podcast, corporate might prefer it go away.

#5 Edited by figurehead00 (135 posts) -

@adnrewn: I agree, but I like to think they want/need to do it for themselves and for Ryan. He was proud of the fact they never miss a week.

Guys, this is going to be a tough one...

#6 Posted by Darkstorn (461 posts) -

Yeah, the podcast is gonna be hard to listen to but I wouldn't miss it for anything.

#7 Posted by NegativeCero (2928 posts) -

God damn it, this probably means tears incoming.

#8 Posted by SamDrugbringer (1099 posts) -

I am dreading how raw this is going to be.

#9 Posted by Mcfart (1429 posts) -

@fuzzy510 said:

@godlyawesomeguy: I don't think corporate really gives two shits about them doing a podcast. Heck, since they can't really monetize the podcast, corporate might prefer it go away.

Yeah, this. I'm sure they would be glad to give them other stuff to do lol, like premium content.

#10 Posted by Toxin066 (3199 posts) -

I am dreading how raw this is going to be.

The rawest.

#11 Edited by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -

As I said to Patrick on Twitter, hats off to them. I hope this isn't corporate pressure on them to not miss a Tuesday.

I think there was a single force in Giant Bomb who was committed to never missing a Bombcast, and I think that force was Ryan Davis. It was the one thing I ever heard him brag about his work, or his work production, was that you could never say that he missed a podcast day, for over 5 years. It was something that he seemed to care about a lot, so I appreciate the crew living up to his example.

I still remember the time when they did an entire podcast, and then it didn't save correctly... so they did another 2-3 hour podcast that night. Opened beers and rehashed everything, and it was still great.

#12 Posted by Reisz (1369 posts) -

@samdrugbringer: Yeah man. . . . . I hope it helps the crew get some much needed catharsis, this is going to be a hard one, might run down the shops and grab something to drink.

#13 Edited by ThePickle (4149 posts) -

I'll probably cry.

Fuck it, I will definitely cry. I'm getting teary just thinking about his intros.

#14 Edited by joker2k3 (34 posts) -

I usually listen to the podcast at work, while driving a lawn mower. (Groundskeeper for a school) But I don't know if I wanna be driving around bawling like a baby at work. lol

Also just thinking about possibly hearing the guys cry is already breaking my heart...

Thanks Bomb Crew.

#15 Posted by cmblasko (1010 posts) -

That's awesome, and it's exactly what I think Ryan would have wanted. For whatever reason, I think hearing the guys talk about everything will help me feel better.

I don't even know if I'll be able to listen to this on my way to work like I usually do. Probably should wait until I am at home.

#16 Posted by Cybexx (1101 posts) -

Did not expect it this week. I mean they have never missed a tuesday but this is a tuesday they could have missed. I would have been fine if they took July off from content creation quite frankly.

But if this helps them and us get closer to some closure its a good thing.

#17 Posted by DT9k (106 posts) -

Still a threat, baby.

#18 Posted by conmulligan (48 posts) -

Badass. Ryan would be proud.

#19 Posted by CapnMango (10 posts) -

Fear is a choice.

#20 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

It's understandable why they are going ahead with recording this week. As others have said, it is what Ryan would have wanted.

#21 Edited by FearMyFlop (97 posts) -

Fear is a choice.

You win, sir.

<>

#22 Edited by NoobSauceG7 (1211 posts) -

I am very happy that they are able to do you today. It has been rough this past day.

#23 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (2602 posts) -
#24 Posted by therealnelsk (267 posts) -

Fear is a choice.

Fear is the mind killer. Fuck I miss Ryan.

#25 Posted by PollySMPS (208 posts) -

@brodehouse: That is one of the funniest goddamn podcasts ever too. I keep that one on my iPhone to cheer myself up during bad days, but god does it take on a whole different meaning now.

#26 Posted by ShaggE (5998 posts) -

Wow. I really wasn't expecting this at all. It'll be painful, but I think we could all use this.

#27 Posted by Nux (2220 posts) -

Time to get the tissues, this is going to be a rough one. Hats off to them for doing this. I bet this is what Ryan would of wanted. He was always so proud that they never missed a Tuesday no matter what was going on.

#28 Posted by 6n00bkilla9 (144 posts) -

@pollysmps which podcast was that i can barly remember it

#29 Posted by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -
#30 Posted by pantinvader (2 posts) -

For once I'm not looking forward to the podcast

#31 Posted by Dalai (6882 posts) -

@fuzzy510 said:

The Giant Bombcast: sponsored by Portillo's. See? Watch the money flow!

But seriously for a second, I'm glad to see the podcast as scheduled. I don't even care how long it is or if they even stick to the usual format. I'm just happy to see them not miss a Tuesday.

#32 Posted by BigDre (116 posts) -

I'm glad they're still going ahead with the podcasts but I think I'll have to wait a few days before I can listen to it. I've just been overall sad for a while and looking at different tributes to Ryan off and on for a day now.

#33 Posted by Demoskinos (13908 posts) -
#34 Posted by TheHT (10313 posts) -

@i_stay_puft said:

Brad's last tweet just made me tear up a little, must of been a tough one guys.

https://twitter.com/bradshoemaker/status/354788185475264512/photo/1

Hah, 'we may have had our differences'... remember that period when everyone was convinced Ryan hated Brad? Good times. Maybe the best times.

Haha, and they actually dealt with it on the bombcast, talkin about how the vacationed together so of course they're friends.

Remember the other week when people were talking about how Ryan was being mean to Rorie? Some things don't change.

#35 Posted by PollySMPS (208 posts) -

@6n00bkilla9: http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-12-09-2008/1600-55/# - It's a reeeeally old one. Hope you enjoy.

#36 Edited by Nodima (947 posts) -

@6n00bkilla9 said:

@pollysmps which podcast was that i can barly remember it

I feel like i just heard it recently, so it was probably sometime in September - November 2010.

Or, assuming polly knows what he's on about...there's some other more recent podcast where they keep referring to having to recap things they already talked about. Or maybe that was a TNT from around the same time I'm talking about (I've been doing this weird thing where I trace GB's content from origin to present since last summer when I discovered the site).

#37 Posted by tourgen (4257 posts) -

sometimes an O.K. way of dealing is to just plow on ahead and deal with the emotions as they come. I don't know, it's worked for me in the past.

#38 Edited by revolve (27 posts) -

Honestly, I hope this podcast doesn't even come close to anything about games, but is a celebration of the life and times of Ryan. Or the board game "Fireball Island", because man, that game is FUN

#39 Edited by ReddenBlack (113 posts) -

@revolve: that game was insane and incomprehensible when I was 6. I need to go back and try it again

#40 Posted by jking47 (1191 posts) -

I am glad they are doing it, as many have been saying Ryan was very proud of the never miss a week thing, it is good to keep it going. I usually listen with a few friends, don't think that will be happening with this one.

#41 Edited by revolve (27 posts) -

@reddenblack: It's a great lesson on growing up in these troubled times. Either that or a game about a dude gettin attacked by fireballs.

#42 Edited by Roger_Klotz (755 posts) -

This is going to be hard to listen to. Usually I listen to the bombcast when running or doing some other mindless errand. This one is just going to be me sitting in my room alone and listening.

#43 Posted by Lazy0718 (49 posts) -

@godlyawesomeguy said:

I think there was a single force in Giant Bomb who was committed to never missing a Bombcast, and I think that force was Ryan Davis. It was the one thing I ever heard him brag about his work, or his work production, was that you could never say that he missed a podcast day, for over 5 years. It was something that he seemed to care about a lot, so I appreciate the crew living up to his example.

I still remember the time when they did an entire podcast, and then it didn't save correctly... so they did another 2-3 hour podcast that night. Opened beers and rehashed everything, and it was still great.

Agreed. He seemed really proud of never missing a week. I'm happy the guys are continuing the tradition.

#44 Posted by masternater27 (908 posts) -

And my partner and I parted ways today. I'm going to need a hug after this guys.

#45 Posted by kerse (2041 posts) -
@tourgen said:

sometimes an O.K. way of dealing is to just plow on ahead and deal with the emotions as they come. I don't know, it's worked for me in the past.

Yeah, both my grandparents passed away during the fall semester last year, and just focusing on schoolwork more than ever kinda helped. Maybe its not the healthiest way to deal with it but it works sometimes.

#46 Edited by ThatOneDudeNick (335 posts) -

This is going to be a difficult listen, but I think it'll be good for everybody that they went on and did it. Ryan wouldn't want anyone skipping this over some feels. We're all shocked and upset, but the best way to say goodbye to a great man is by celebrating his life. Be happy to have known him (whether personally, or from thousands of hours of content). I'll be getting some beer and sitting back listening to this with zero. I didn't expect anything to go up this week. I'm proud of the crew for coming together to do record. I know it couldn't have been easy.

#47 Posted by PollySMPS (208 posts) -

@kerse: I think it's different for everybody. I got to a point in trying to do that with my parents' deaths that I basically ended up never facing it and keeping everything bottled. Last November I had a light stroke from the built up stress and nerves and it was positively scary. I think it's best for everyone to try and feel it out and see what works for them. Just some alternate advice.

#48 Posted by FirebirdINF (271 posts) -

Maybe they should upgrade the name of the bombcast to "The Ryan Davis Memorial Giant Bombcast"?

#49 Edited by MasturbatingestBear (1175 posts) -

Hopefully they continue to stay strong. Take all the time they need to grieve, but when they come back they better continue to keep this site badass and keep it growing to further turn this into the best goddamn game website of all time.

#50 Posted by PollySMPS (208 posts) -

@masturbatingestbear: haha, they have no choice. You wanna be the one to disappoint Ryan God Damn Davis and have to meet him pissed off in the afterlife?