The gamasutra girl

• 197 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#151  Edited By EpicSteve
@cinemandrew said:
" 33 minutes in and I've realized that Brad, Ryan, Jeff, and Vinnie, are guests on her podcast, not the other way around. 33 minutes in. and I've heard 3 words from Brad. I don't think Vinnie has said anything. "
That's probably the best way to explain it.
JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By JBird
@Jothel: Completly irrelevantly: Michael McIntrye is funny as hell when he does speak, although i've only seen him on things like live at Apollo.
SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153  Edited By SpecTackle

Please.. don't ever have her on again. My fucking god.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Once you get to the halfway mark, it gets a lot better. Just give it some time guys.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#155  Edited By Jothel
@JBird said:
" @Jothel: Completly irrelevantly: Michael McIntrye is funny as hell when he does speak, although i've only seen him on things like live at Apollo. "
when he's on have i got news for you or nevermind the buzzcocks he pretty much what Leigh did on the bombcast, constantly talk and not let anyone else speak,  his standup is funny but he's not when he's doing that

*edited for typos n whatnot*
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#156  Edited By Vinchenzo

I dreaded listening a couple hours ago because I saw this thread. Now I completely understand the problem with her. She is so fucking goddamn annoying. I tuned in to listen about E3, not some idiot running the show. On top of that she has that pre-pubescent voice: high-pitched, squeally, and undeniably irritating. Clearly it's getting better after 1 hour and 15 minutes but that's 1 hour 15 minutes too late.

Demo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Demo

I couldn't care less, she makes some good points to make up for the tendency to talk over people.

halfameatball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By halfameatball

Most annoying bombcast I've listened to. Wait, only annoying bombcast I have listened to. I felt so bad for you guys, when you hear Ryan get frustrated you know something is wrong. It is ok to have an opinion, but she spoke a lot without thinking and persistently derailed topics for a good portion of the show. I'm not going to rant about all the things that she said that bothered me like I planned to. Instead I'll be nice and just say that I hope to never hear her voice on this podcast, or any other I listen to, again.

jynxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By jynxce

Glad she came around to admitting that she was a fangirl of everything Sony (typical wanna-be okatu) and that she had to "come around" to appreciate what MS brings to the industry.  I can't stand so-called industry critics like this because they think they actually stay objective when talking about games.   Quick to criticise waggle from Nintendo, but gushing on about Sony's new waggle stick.  Generalizing MS fanbase having nothing but the "frat" mentality while disreguarding the same frat groupings that reside on any other console.  Just another bias infused Shane Bettenhausen in drag.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By MeierTheRed

Made it in 1 hour and 2 minutes, and i have to cut it off right now, i can´t stand here blabbering any more. Which is sad cause she has some good points to make.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#161  Edited By apathylad
@Drebin_893 said:
" I was very pleased when Ryan Davis told her that she was making him "fucking angry" because at that point I was in disbelief at her ignorance. "

He did!?  XD
Man, I can't wait to hear this podcast! FYI I find Leigh Alexander to be a bit of a rabid feminist. I don't know, I don't like that she brings her gender into discussions when it comes to sex in games. Reminds me of how N'Gai Croal goes all Al Sharpton on Resident Evil 5.

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By CoverlessTech
@Apathylad said:
"
@Drebin_893 said:
" I was very pleased when Ryan Davis told her that she was making him "fucking angry" because at that point I was in disbelief at her ignorance. "
He did!?  XDMan, I can't wait to hear this podcast! FYI I find Leigh Alexander to be a bit of a rabid feminist. I don't know, I don't like that she brings her gender into discussions when it comes to sex in games. "
He also tells her to shut up.
VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#163  Edited By VWGTI

I'm not suprised to see this topic. She got annoying very fast.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Brendan
@PowerSerj said:
"
@jNerd said:
"

Woman I wouldn't mind on the Podcast:

Dark Void's Shennay
Dark Void's Shennay

Woman who should never be on again:

Gamasutra Chick
Gamasutra Chick
"
I think this is more about your sexual preferences that anything else. Racist."

@PowerSerj:

Hahahahaha, that deserves a laugh.
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Brendan
@jNerd:
Actually you are pretty immature, notice how most people are posting actual opinions and not swearing and insulting people.
apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#166  Edited By apathylad
@CoverlessTech said:
"
@Apathylad said:
"
@Drebin_893 said:
He did!?  XDMan, I can't wait to hear this podcast! FYI I find Leigh Alexander to be a bit of a rabid feminist. I don't know, I don't like that she brings her gender into discussions when it comes to sex in games. "
He also tells her to shut up. "

I could easily see someone getting so angry as to say the Giantbombcast shouldn't have a girl gamer on the show anymore. XD
Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#167  Edited By Jedted

This chick sounds like the dicionary deffinition of "valley girl".  She's got a cute voice though and has some interesting things to say.

I did kinda take offense to what she said about Mass Effect but i'm not gonna go all crazy and say she "ruined the bombcast".

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#168  Edited By Sin4profit
@FallopianTube said:
Because of what a read skimming through this, maybe i can look past her annoyance on the podcast ( i have 33:55 min to go so she's just about to leave...i hope)

She just comes across as an extremist nerd to me and that's unfortunate because i actually agreed with a lot of what she was saying it's just a matter of how she was pushing her opinion and how she was putting it that made people want to aggressively put her down.

Considering how much the opinions seemed to clash i think she would made for an interesting guest in the future as long as she can manage to be a lot less obnoxious.

But if we are to learn anything from any of this it is; Puppets fucking?  Only for comedic purposes...
Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

@FallopianTube said:
"

I have listened to half of the bombcast Day two bombcast and that girl from gamasutra will not shutup. She keeps on interupting everybody else to give her opinion. Also, she doesent play Mass Effect because its to "dorky." Are you fucking serious. every other guest and the regular BC crew are all funny and she is supressing them just to say what she thinks (which i cant imagine too many people give a damn about). Anyone else agree?

"
Yeah, women and opinions don't mix!
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#170  Edited By mracoon

I didn't really mind her. I means it's an E3 Bombcast so I didn't expect anything to stay on-topic or for anybody to care.

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

I'd rather listen to Cammie Dunaway, that chick is HOT.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By gearhead

I think we should give her some slack as she apologized, but biggest WTF moment ever for me happened in the podcast when she said:

"Nazi suits are extremly sexy." 
Demo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Demo

Please, let her go, she just had a crisis of excessive verbal faeces to release.

cdstacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By cdstacker

Was I the only person that really enjoyed the bombcast, I'm sure i don't agree with most of what Leigh said (SS uniforms not sexy...NEVER) but i found her pretty funny and she at the least promoted discussion. Why is it that when people don't agree with someone suddenly it's ok to abuse them and call them horrible names, I mean sure she said some weird stuff and was strong in her opinions but she does have every right to have and hell this podcast once had a one hour horrible candy tasting section (which i found funny as hell). I also enjoyed because I guess I am somewhat of an xbox fanboy (I only game on my xbox and laptop) and it was interesting to hear from someone who leaned a bit more on sony's side, it's a rare thing these days.

The only person who should never be on the bombcast is Shane the "man-god", that guy is only funny when he argues with Garnett, he can't take jokes very well though. 

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#175  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I honestly didn't notice anything. Seriously, I'd love to have her on again.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

She got rambly at times, but there's a huge chance alcohol was a factor.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#177  Edited By buzz_clik

I'm only 36 minutes into this podcast and I think she speaks in a very erudite fashion. Well, as erudite as somebody can be when they're half lit.

She can string at least three (loud) words together and has made some good points, she's obviously passionate about the subject matter, she's been humorous at times and gave interesting insight into a female perspective on gaming. I'm not saying there's things about her that aren't a bit grating (at least on this podcast), but I'm never going to profess to always being a suave and subtle individual while engaged in alcohol-soaked antics.

In a similar manner, who hasn't done dumb drunk stuff they've regretted and had to face up to in the cold, hard light of day? I feel her pain in the humbled follow-up blog posting.

As I said, not a flawlessly smooth performance (she won't mark this down as her finest hour) but I could certainly listen to it. As a point of comparison, I'd like to hear her outside of this situation to draw a real conclusion. SCIENCE!

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#178  Edited By Dany
@buzz_clik said:
" I'm only 36 minutes into this podcast I think she speaks in a very erudite fashion. Well, as erudite as somebody can be when they're half lit. She can string at least three (loud) words together and has made some good points, she's obviously passionate about the subject matter, she's been humorous at times and gave interesting insight into a female perspective on gaming. I'm not saying there's things about her that aren't a bit grating (at least on this podcast), but I'm never going to profess to always being a suave and subtle individual while engaged in alcohol-soaked antics. In a similar manner, who hasn't done dumb drunk stuff they've regretted and had to face up to in the cold, hard light of day? I feel her pain in the humbled follow-up blog posting.As I said, not a flawlessly smooth performance (she won't mark this down as her finest hour) but I could certainly listen to it. As a point of comparison, I'd like to hear her outside of this situation to draw a real conclusion. SCIENCE! "
I agree, some of these statements and coments made are just terrible and brash considering the circomstances
demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#179  Edited By demonbear
@Tarsier said:
" worst podcast EVER. "
That.

Plus I feel a bit insulted. I love bioware games, they're my favorite dev team by far. So that makes me a dork? FU, lady.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#180  Edited By Hamz

E309 has pretty much finished up and all the awesome news and content from it is available for you all to look over, judge and comment on and all people can do is sit here and bicker back and forth for 6 pages in this topic about the somewhat drunken ramblings of Leigh Alexander on an episode of the bombcast?

Now ordinarily I would say there is some legitimate reasoning to such bickering. But considering the tsunami worth of information flooding out of E3 right now for our favourite games and such like I'd of expected people to be more interested in that than this.

She got drunk, made a tit of herself a little and has apologised for it. Personally I think that when getting so many people who are drunk and passionate about the subject matter at hand into one room to record a podcast you are asking for some shenanigans to occur. It happens, people make mistakes or do things that may not be recorded in their finest moments but she apologised and the podcast itself is insightful and she did raise some good points.

Not the best bombcast I concur, but hardly the worst or the end of the world now is it? Can't be any worse than what Garnett Lee puts out there anyway. So just relax, chill and enjoy the fuzzy warm feeling E3 brings!

InnerBlueAbyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#181  Edited By InnerBlueAbyss

Kept thinking the entire time "Wow that's one crazy bitch.  Prolly didn't get any attention from the boys in highschool"  When I heard she was from NYC I then was further not surprised.

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By MrGetBonus

I thought the bombcast was pretty interesting actually. She brought up some interesting topics. Yeah, she talked over people alot in the beginning but she mellowed out towards the end. Didn't really think it was that big of a deal till I saw this thread.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#183  Edited By buzz_clik
@Hamz said:
Can't be any worse than what Garnett Lee puts out there anyway.
P.S. Zing.
FallopianTube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By FallopianTube
@Hamz said:
"E309 has pretty much finished up and all the awesome news and content from it is available for you all to look over, judge and comment on and all people can do is sit here and bicker back and forth for 6 pages in this topic about the somewhat drunken ramblings of Leigh Alexander on an episode of the bombcast?Now ordinarily I would say there is some legitimate reasoning to such bickering. But considering the tsunami worth of information flooding out of E3 right now for our favourite games and such like I'd of expected people to be more interested in that than this.She got drunk, made a tit of herself a little and has apologised for it. Personally I think that when getting so many people who are drunk and passionate about the subject matter at hand into one room to record a podcast you are asking for some shenanigans to occur. It happens, people make mistakes or do things that may not be recorded in their finest moments but she apologised and the podcast itself is insightful and she did raise some good points.Not the best bombcast I concur, but hardly the worst or the end of the world now is it? Can't be any worse than what Garnett Lee puts out there anyway. So just relax, chill and enjoy the fuzzy warm feeling E3 brings!"

I disagree, enjoying the "fuzzy warm feelings E3 brings" means listening to the bombcast.So i play the bombcast to hear about the games that the BC crew saw/played and she got in the way of that numerous time only to say her random opinions.  There were so many other great and funny people there that she interupted countless times. Maybe she was "drunk," and yes she apoligized, but still, i felt as if she ruined that podcast for me and i had the right to start a forum post about it.
Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@Hamz: So you pop in here to basically tell us we're dicks for being critical of this bombcast only to take a shot at 1UP and Garnett Lee? Classy, bro. Real classy.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Dany
@FallopianTube said:
"
@Hamz said:
"E309 has pretty much finished up and all the awesome news and content from it is available for you all to look over, judge and comment on and all people can do is sit here and bicker back and forth for 6 pages in this topic about the somewhat drunken ramblings of Leigh Alexander on an episode of the bombcast?Now ordinarily I would say there is some legitimate reasoning to such bickering. But considering the tsunami worth of information flooding out of E3 right now for our favourite games and such like I'd of expected people to be more interested in that than this.She got drunk, made a tit of herself a little and has apologised for it. Personally I think that when getting so many people who are drunk and passionate about the subject matter at hand into one room to record a podcast you are asking for some shenanigans to occur. It happens, people make mistakes or do things that may not be recorded in their finest moments but she apologised and the podcast itself is insightful and she did raise some good points.Not the best bombcast I concur, but hardly the worst or the end of the world now is it? Can't be any worse than what Garnett Lee puts out there anyway. So just relax, chill and enjoy the fuzzy warm feeling E3 brings!"
I disagree, enjoying the "fuzzy warm feelings E3 brings" means listening to the bombcast.So i play the bombcast to hear about the games that the BC crew saw/played and she got in the way of that numerous time only to say her random opinions.  There were so many other great and funny people there that she interupted countless times. Maybe she was "drunk," and yes she apoligized, but still, i felt as if she ruined that podcast for me and i had the right to start a forum post about it. "
Yeah you do but belittling her and exaggerating the comments she made, as others did is something i did not expect in this forum
Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Cazamalos

worst bombcast ever, thanks to that girl wanting a stupid kiss in RE. and trolling everything in gaming, even bioware's heads

FallopianTube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By FallopianTube
@Dany said:
"
@FallopianTube said:
"
@Hamz said:
I disagree, enjoying the "fuzzy warm feelings E3 brings" means listening to the bombcast.So i play the bombcast to hear about the games that the BC crew saw/played and she got in the way of that numerous time only to say her random opinions.  There were so many other great and funny people there that she interupted countless times. Maybe she was "drunk," and yes she apoligized, but still, i felt as if she ruined that podcast for me and i had the right to start a forum post about it. "
Yeah you do but belittling her and exaggerating the comments she made, as others did is something i did not expect in this forum"

No exageration here, me, and the majority of the forum posters here think that she was awful. she derailed the podcast. end of story
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Dany

Some people arn't as calm about it as you are. Others see it is fine to be idiots

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By TomA

Ya i'm like 3 quarters through the bombcast and OMG i want to shove that PS3 motion controller through her skull, she is SO FUCKING ANNOYING!!!!!! All she does is interrupt people to yell her opinions out there, and she insulted like half the people who play games by saying that Bioware games were too nerdy and weird, so good goin ya fuckin stupid girl.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By TomA
@Matthew said:
" I kinda feel sorry for you guys.  If you can't really get past something thats annoying you, and you have the ability to make it stop.....just turn it off.  Is there really a need to complain on the internet about it? "
We keep listening because we are trying to salvage the good parts from the bombcast, because we don't not do something just because it's not exactly how we want it, unlike yourself. And there's a difference between complaining, and voicing you opinions, but because you said so I guess we can't do that, sorry i forgot:)
Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#192  Edited By Disgaeamad

This topic makes me embrasssed to be a member of the Giantbomb community.

Curufinwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Curufinwe

Fucking hell, Bioware games are nerdy, especially in how they treat sex.  I don't know why people are so upset about her stating something that's so obvious.

Final Fantasy and Shin Megami Tensei games are also very nerdy in a different way.  Fans of any of these series don't need to get butthurt about it.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Gizmo
This needs to be locked and forgotten about, now.

To help it on its way, here's a picture of a cat feeding its kittens;

No Caption Provided

woodtsunami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By woodtsunami

Idk what you guys think, but I THINK she is pretty fucking interesting... I'm a little past halfway through and she needs to take a drink of water because she is losing her voice xD!!! But dudes, great podcast BECAUSE of her...

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#196  Edited By mordukai

Yeah she never shuts up but she did bring up some valid points. But damn she was a chatter box.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#197  Edited By Hamz

Alright children time to stop throwing the toys out of the pram and grow up a little. I have read through both topics concerning Leigh Alexander's appearance on the bombcast and left them open in the hopes that positive and informed discussion could take place concerning it. Sadly all I've seen is some serious lack of maturity, finesse and general good manners from pretty much everyone.

I have to say I am pretty damned disappointed in you folks who couldn't atleast string a sentence together without outright insulting and cursing at the poor woman. I would of thought by now the community could realise restraint when you all post and make said post(s) coherent, mature and constructive. Sadly I seem to have overestimated and perhaps expected too much from some of you.

It is one thing to express dislike at her comments, her being on the bombcast or her general attitude and performance. It is entirely another to act like a bunch of monkeys squabbling, screaming and shouting over the thing as you have a tantrum about it. Not only does it make you as individuals look silly it also makes this entire community and website look bad as well and I'm sure Leigh has probably read the topics here about her and is likely upset and offended by them. Some of you have crossed the line and blown this way out of proportion and it seems the only way to stop it will be to lock this and the other topic covering the same subject.

The community has let itself down today. E309 finishes and people would rather bitch about this than discuss awesome video games related subject matter instead. A sad day and one I hope people will walk away from feeling shame for acting in such a manner.

Anyone who feels the need to vent, argue, debate, disagree or generally tell me to shove it where the sun doesn't shine is most welcome to do so via a PM to my inbox.

Locked.