#1 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1230 posts) -

So The Glowing Stars are playing during the Big Live Live Show. When the crew mentioned that on the bombcast I didn't really believe my ears at first. Not that I'm a huge fan, but it's a little weird for me because the vocalist Lizzie Cuevas used to be on TalkRadar often. Plus they played one of their tracks on the podcast.

Hopefully they do some weird visual element with the green screen during the show!

#2 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -

Wow i just listened to a song and it was pretty awful.

#3 Posted by Venatio (4485 posts) -

Never heard of them

#4 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5120 posts) -

Pretty awful, those songs actually make my ears kind of hurt. 

Although I would like to congratulate them on having a Bandcamp, such a wonderful tool for artists. 

#5 Posted by GenghisJohn (256 posts) -

These guys aren't for me, but its gonna be like a billion hours long and this is when you can go make a sandwich or something

#6 Posted by Malphye (413 posts) -

Remove the vocals and they're alright.

#7 Posted by Skogen (430 posts) -

@zombie2011 said:

Wow i just listened to a song and it was pretty awful.

#8 Edited by onarum (1945 posts) -
@GenghisJohn said:

These guys aren't for me, but its gonna be like a billion hours long and this is when you can go make a sandwich or something

Yeah, that and during comic vine segments as well.

@Delphye said:

Remove the vocals and they're alright.

true, I love chiptunes but vocals just can't go together at all.
#9 Posted by GlenTennis (3143 posts) -

I saw these guys and their live performance is actually pretty great. I'm excited.

#10 Posted by Mahonay (823 posts) -

Christ you guy are harsh. I think they sound great. The recordings you linked to are pretty low quality, of course it doesn't sound great. They will sound a lot better playing live.

#11 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2063 posts) -
#12 Posted by YoThatLimp (1820 posts) -

Not my cup of tea.

#13 Posted by MitchyD (49 posts) -

Just to spite everyone here, I'm going to make a sandwich in the 23.5 hours Glowing Stars are not playing music.

#14 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1760 posts) -

People are fucking harsh. I am also excited to see them play.

#15 Posted by SuperWristBands (2265 posts) -

I remember how Lizzie used to be at GamesRadar but even listening to TalkRadar I never really got around to checking them out. I like the idea though. I like chiptunes in songs and I like vocals in songs! Chocolate in my peanut butter.

#16 Posted by DystopiaX (5241 posts) -

I could listen to this but I would much prefer not to. lyrics are awful, voice is mediocre at best. Chiptunes aren't really my thing.

#17 Posted by KarlPilkington (2654 posts) -

I like it. Not my normal type of music, but I was pleasantly surprised.

#18 Edited by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

I actually like it.

#19 Posted by Zinc (200 posts) -

I'm digging it.

#20 Posted by Teptom (2045 posts) -

I figured some people might be turned off by the vocals, but I'm a fan.

#21 Edited by DarkShaper (1296 posts) -

Not my favorite thing in the world, but it's kinda cool, hope they do well Friday.

#22 Posted by Lumley (927 posts) -

As someone who listens to TalkRadar every week I'm pretty excited! I've listened to a couple of there songs and they're good - if you're into that genre. Also Lizzie is super cute.

#23 Posted by RazielCuts (2711 posts) -
I hadn't heard of them until recently when the Joystiq podcast interviewed the lead singer when they did an episode about video game music. She kind of put me off them even before I heard the music. She was a bit blase when asked the question (and I'm paraphrasing) 'So what games do you play?' to which she replied 'I don't play video games..' Which just kind of irked me that chiptune and the 8 bit retro style is just a scene which some people steal from because its the new 'cool' without actually having a gaming foundation. 
#24 Posted by Keenblaze (469 posts) -

Yeah, not a fan of the lyrics; they're trite and kinda boring.

Regardless, I'm sure their segment on the BLLSL will be pretty fun.

#25 Posted by Slayeric (251 posts) -

I dig it. I'm pumped to see 'em.

#26 Posted by asian_pride (1653 posts) -

Wow, that's pretty cool. Not the best, but it's not bad either. Looking forward to seeing them play tomorrow.

#27 Posted by Hector (3346 posts) -

Oh no! good thing I stopped the song in time, my ears almost began to bleed. Horrendous!

#28 Posted by notdrew (84 posts) -

awesome, i went to high school with Lizzy. Doubt she remembers me, but i have a pin from her first band (or i think it was her first band).

#29 Posted by katmandu912 (31 posts) -

doesn't really amaze me with their music, but kudos for giving them a gig here. 

#30 Edited by CheapPoison (708 posts) -

Miss our 8 string slinging friend already! :p 

or was that 14?

#31 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

@YOUNGLINK: None of what you said happened

#32 Edited by Alo81 (79 posts) -

Yeah they were pretty terrible live on the show.  I'm actually a pretty big chiptune fan, but this did absolutely nothing for me. 
#33 Posted by TehJames (199 posts) -

Was the sound suppose to be really low? I could barley hear them.

#34 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1722 posts) -
@TehJames: Wasn't just you. Maybe there was no problem on the live show, but the on the justin.tv archive it was barely audible. 
Not that I mind though, from the little I could make out, they're not my thing. 
#35 Posted by CounterShock (419 posts) -

@YOUNGLINK: But Jeff has been a guest of their podcast before, and so has Brad...