EDIT: This is mostly written in a stream of consciousness style this morning after my morning commute after listening to the first half or so of the Bombcast. That's why my writing is confusing. Long story short- poop wasn't done in a toilet in a hotel the night before a Pokemon tournament. That's kinda funny. We should talk more about that than ME3 ending controversies IMHO.
I'm sorry community. I'm dissapointed. The bombcast guys make a totally salient point how gamers are too entitled about all this Mass Effect fricase, and you respond by posting more game ending discussions? Seriously?
Ok now that all of you have left, the rest of you know what's up. Flinging poo. First, here's the nintendo life article which is rather hilarious by itself. Who has a 'poo' fight? Seriously? Also, hereis the forum thread link. Now excuse me for a minute while I go read these and try not to pass out from laughter. I'll be back to comment.
Some thoughts on the posts:
- Drunk Rob? Infamous? After one beer (I assume thats what he meant). Really? Lightweights
- Also if you're 25, your drunk days aren't behind you, or you had some prior poo fights yourself. That's not enough time to reach a conclusion against drinking imho
- Also the poo flinging wasn't (as far as I can read) a "we've won lets fling some poo" It was a "we're at a hotel and drunk the night before the competition, let's fling poo" kind of thing. that's insane
- Also this, as if a natural thing: "You don't just walk into work one day and type in 'Pokemon Poo Fight' and then find my warstory and then put it in your news blog on the internet or anything"
- Finally, I went to the forum itself, not just the thread, there's a thread a few below it called "Team standard shit on bread" hmm.
I post the kotaku ones because I think you can see a clear split between the first 2 links in terms of 'what happened.' Also the second link has a hilarious anecdote about "ed" the shit-chucker. And the pokebeach link seems
And finally, a closing thought: The dude in the forum post sounds like not he, but his friends are drinking lightweights. Drunk after a pint? Also i think at 25 not drinking at all might be a bit of a rash choice. Finally, the shitting in the hallway/shit throwing happened before the competition not after. So it was not 'celebratory' or at least not so in the 'we won the competition way.' It may have been celebratory in another way. In that these guys who still live with their parents are finally 'out on the town' with their friends for a weekend (with alcohol). So what's the first thing they do? Throw poop. You know, because your mom still gets on you about wiping your butt and stuff. That's kindof harsh, I know. But seriously, poo flinging is the kind of thing you might expect to happen if you gave a bunch of emotional children a hotel and alcohol. I'm just saying. I mean you win a big championship and get drunk, maybe a rational adult might think- oh hey lets have a poo flinging contest. Maybe. But a child is the one who would do so just because you're by yourself in a hotel.
Also, poo story time. I had a teacher who was a reservist. He had a Kevlar knee from Iraq and other cool stories, but that's not the best one. One summer he worked in a restaurant as his summer job. Said restaurant was known for it's chili. One morning he was doing whatever his prep work when he saw what the chili cook did to make such great chili. He had the short order cook stand over the chili pot and literally shit in the chili. My teacher said he quit that day. But yea, shit in your chili man. Shit. In. Your. Chili.