The whole Die Hard debate - which is the second best Die Hard film?

• 60 results
Avatar image for coffeeandabagel
CoffeeandaBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By CoffeeandaBagel

In the 2nd, Bruce Willis stabs someone in the head with an icicle. Come on. 

4 did not work for me at all. Justin Long is a tool, and a PG-13 Die Hard should be called Die Soft.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Rayfield

Hey Zanzibarbreeze, I'm with you. 

Die Hard and Die Hard 2 are actual Die Hard films. 3 and 4 are just 'Generic Bruce Willis Action Blockbuster' movies with the actual character of John McClane nowhere to be seen. Seriously, they are no different from Striking Distance or that one where Bruce had to protect a retarded math genius kid. 

Die Hard 3 goes way off the rails. Yes, John McTiernan is awesome but Die Hard 3 ain't. C'mon, Hans Gruber's brother? And he orders Willis around NYC with riddles? "Fill my jugs full of water, my pretty, and perhaps I will reveal my diabolical plan!"."Go to Yankee Stadium and look under a chair!" "What is 21 out of 42?"  

Like, huh? When did Die Hard turn into this? What a load of toss. It might as well be an old Batman episode with Burgess Meredith as the villian. 

The whole movie from start to finish is cliched up the ass. Alcoholic burnt-out detective whose supervisor threatens to suspend him all the time. Dorky but heroic bomb expert. Cops relate to each other only by telling each other to go f**k themselves. Sam Jackson is the funny negro sidekick who hates white people.  

You're supposed to care about John McClane in these movies. Not a million sub-par side characters. Like when the bomb expert bravely tells his boss "I'm staying" to defuse the bomb in the school and possibly die along with it, WHO CARES? Sure dude, you go ahead and die if you want. The audience don't give two craps about you buddy. And the funny truck driver in the aquaduct tunnel. And the funny black woman in the 911 call centre. And the funny, uptight, casually racist taxi passenger. And Sam Jackson's funny, slightly retarded nephews. And the funny detectives who drop one-liners. And the funny terrorists dressed as cops who don't want to leave the bomb on the pavement because "some kid could...". IT'S TOO GODDAMN MUCH. 

In summary, Die Hard 3 sucks. And Die Hard 4 is slightly worse. 

markleonard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By markleonard

Die Hard 3 is the best Die Hard film of them all hands down. John McClane is awesome, pair him with Zeus and holy lepping huck! there is a combo that just engages brilliance like no other. The only way this film could have been more awesome is if both John and Zeus wore three wolf shirts during the movie.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By MysteriousBob

The only good ones were 1 and 3.

AvD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By AvD

Die Hard with a Vengeance is a much better movie than Die Hard 2.  Live Free or Die Hard is as well.  Die Hard 2 is nothing more than a hastily made rehash to cash in on a great movie.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#57  Edited By citizenkane

It is obviously Die Hard With a Vengeance.  I am glad most of you others agree.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By L33tfella_H

The first film is the best, 3 was the second best, haven't seen 4 so i don't know how to rate that, and i'd say 2 is the one i like least.

AvD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By AvD

In fact, I have always stated how it would be a more respectable franchise if 2 didn't exist.  Nothing can compare to the original, and I am not a fan of movie sequels in general but it would have been cool to have Die Hard, With a Vengeance and Live Free as the trilogy, all almost a decade apart and each one ramping up the action and scope of the last.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By AuthenticM

Die Hard With A Vengeance is the best in the series. The second-best is the first one.

I want to know on which podcast they discussed it. I need to listen to it once more!

Avatar image for deactivated-589b97df1f8d4
deactivated-589b97df1f8d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It goes like this.........1,4,3,2 Nuff said, bitches!:p
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ArchScabby

I actually really like Live Free or Die Hard.  But nothing can touch the first one.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Live Free or Die Hard was crap.  1 every other die hard movie is in LAST PLACE