• 108 results
#1 Posted by Zero_ (1977 posts) -

After all this recent negativity, it's really great to have an awesome stream, awesome guests, awesome discussion and awesome (and fkin' hillarious) chat. 

*half salute*

#2 Posted by Crash_Happy (737 posts) -

Yep. Frankly I didn't understand all those complaints about the first one. All been great so far.

#3 Posted by TheHakku (360 posts) -

Such a good discussion. I really hope these can be thrown up on GB as well.

#4 Posted by John_Lawlz (110 posts) -

This is really great content.

#5 Posted by TheCableKid (206 posts) -

Yeah dude this whole conversation with Jaffe about journalism and game hype is really awesome. Its making me want to stay up a just listen to all of it tonight.

#6 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6398 posts) -

Agreed. Jaffe calling on journalists to hold companies accountable for releasing the same thing year after year is pretty damn honest and cool.

#7 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

It is! It really is!

#8 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1595 posts) -

I missed it due to exam study

will have to watch the archive later

#9 Posted by rmanthorp (4056 posts) -
#10 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1595 posts) -

@Rufi91 said:

oh god, don't start them off again

#11 Posted by Crono11 (1651 posts) -

Yeah this is why I love E3. 

#12 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -
@Rufi91: Wow, even the color pallet is working against him.
#13 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

This is one of the best podcasts I've ever listened to for sure.

#14 Posted by Zero_ (1977 posts) -

It's been so good, I even forgot Mega64 was on earlier.

#15 Posted by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

Best podcast fucking ever!!! #Thumbs Up

#16 Posted by Brendan (8152 posts) -

@Mars_Cleric said:

@Rufi91 said:

I feel bad for Jeff, because having a slightly negative leaning neutral face is a really annoying problem to deal with. People ask me all the time if I'm pissed or something, and I never am, but I feel like all the time people think I'm having a bad day or something, when I'm really doing fine!

#17 Posted by Crash_Happy (737 posts) -

I'm not sure what Jaffe is asking for is possible though. The one thing Ninty definately got right was that the consumer asks for different, but actually buys more of the same. What the gaming press are supposedly there for is to help inform your choices so that you can tell, prior to release, the likelyhood you will enjoy a game. I'm not entirely sure you can write a review that both challenges the developers and services the consumers.

#18 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

Jaffe MvC3 quick review: "Gahh, I like Spiderman, I don't know."

#19 Posted by Kamisaki (16 posts) -

Seriously, this is an awesome discussion, they are not holding back, I'm so glad they're not afraid to go in depth on this stuff.

#20 Posted by rmanthorp (4056 posts) -
@Slaker117 said:
Jaffe MvC3 quick review: "Gahh, I like Spiderman, I don't know."  

That was so amazing how he said it!
#21 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I've masturbated twice. Oh... three.

#22 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

We need more of these and not just for special occasions.

#23 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6398 posts) -

@Claude said:

Quote of E3. And done.

#24 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

@Sparky_Buzzsaw said:

@Claude said:

Quote of E3. And done.

Jaffe started it. Don't look at me like that. Four.

#25 Posted by Zero_ (1977 posts) -

Masturbation line was soooo random haha

Jaffe: "Hey is this live streaming on the net?" 
Ryan: "Yeah" 
Jaffe: "How much people are watching?" 
Jaffe: "I don't know, gotta ask Drew - how many people are watching?" 
Drew: "Ah... 5000?" 
Jaffe: "Okay... so.... ah... there's got to be at LEAST one person masturbating to this right now right?"

#26 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

@Zero_ said:

Masturbation line was soooo random haha

Jaffe: "Hey is this live streaming on the net?"
Ryan: "Yeah"
Jaffe: "How much people are watching?"
Jaffe: "I don't know, gotta ask Drew - how many people are watching?"
Drew: "Ah... 5000?"
Jaffe: "Okay... so.... ah... there's got to be at LEAST one person masturbating to this right now right?"

And it's only got better after that and it's still fucking going. Nerdgasm from hell.

#27 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

This has been a great one.  David Jaffe needs to be on the Bombcast more often.

#28 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Kombaya motherfucker

this is a great bombcast will give it a second listen

#29 Edited by granderojo (1792 posts) -

I don't agree with Jaffe a lot of the time but I appreciate his passion to drop the fucking bomb.

#30 Posted by RYNO9881 (625 posts) -

The best bombcast they have ever done. Loved it.

#31 Posted by Chop (1998 posts) -

And it's still going. I started watching like half way through and it's already been too long for me. It's gonna take like a week to get through the full audio version of this. 

#32 Posted by SharkMan (685 posts) -

this livestream was awesome; i got a bit emotional at how great it was.

#33 Posted by demonbear (1877 posts) -

This is one of the best podcast i've ever heard. Fantastic!!! Jaffe was so fucking great I love the man just because when you give him a mic, you know there's gonna be crazy shit being said, this was fantastic

#34 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Infinite wisdom and knowledge has been gained watching/listening to the discussion about video games... holy fuck!

#35 Posted by Omega (836 posts) -

Does anybody know if the audio version is raw or did Ryan edit it at all?  

I only ask because I've got some strict bandwidth limits and already spent a lot downloading the PS3's welcome back games and want to conserve as much as possible. But if there's good stuff I'm missing by just listening  to the audio only I may just have to go back later and watch the archived video.

#36 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4899 posts) -

I really liked a lot of stuff they talked about... very good podcast indeed. 

Now it's time to go to bed though and listen to the rest tomorrow.

#37 Edited by Fjordson (2433 posts) -

One of the best podcasts I've heard in years. The depth and honesty of a lot of the discussion was something you simply don't see that often. Fucking incredible. Hats off to GB and all the guests. Stuff like this is why this site matters.

#38 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

Cowboy, Jaffe and Muir had some awesome conversation. Jaffe really got the show going.

#39 Posted by TheHT (11797 posts) -

Definitely the best bombcast yet. Real talk at its realest.

#40 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -
@SJSchmidt93: I don't think the rest of it will be in the Bombcast.
#41 Posted by Beaudacious (934 posts) -

Jaffe for Best Guest of Show!!!!!!!!!

#42 Posted by Chop (1998 posts) -
@Omega:  Pretty sure he compresses it to hell. It shouldn't be that big of a hit on bandwidth. 
#43 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -
@Brendan said:

@Mars_Cleric said:

@Rufi91 said:

I feel bad for Jeff, because having a slightly negative leaning neutral face is a really annoying problem to deal with. People ask me all the time if I'm pissed or something, and I never am, but I feel like all the time people think I'm having a bad day or something, when I'm really doing fine!

word, by the 9th person asking I actually do start to get mad....
#44 Posted by Yummylee (22571 posts) -

One all-nighter was enough for me, so I couldn't handle staying up again through the early morning to listen to this. Definitely now looking all the more forward to when it's archived on the bombcast.

#45 Edited by Squidtech (9 posts) -

/signed Best discussions ever on Bombcast.

Actually reminds me a lot of the great discussions from Gary Whitta's old podcast, Game Theory Show.

#46 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -
I loved that conversation and it makes me mad how right people like Jaffe are. Go onto a site like IGN which holds a huge audience and all they are doing is pumping out top 10 and 100 lists and reviewing games by breaking down the score. Also I read that Calling All Cars review on Gamespot... Jaffe was right. I didn't much care for the game but the points being brought up in that review are idiotic.
#47 Posted by TheSmashing (313 posts) -
@Kamisaki said:
Seriously, this is an awesome discussion, they are not holding back, I'm so glad they're not afraid to go in depth on this stuff.

Welcome to giantbomb
#48 Posted by mm665 (409 posts) -

Best podcast of everything ever !

#49 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -
@Crash_Happy said:

Yep. Frankly I didn't understand all those complaints about the first one. All been great so far.

The first one would have been great if those MS guys didn't always end up trying to sell you Kinect. Thank the gods Jonathan Blow was there to put things in perspective. 
#50 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

@Mordukai said:

@Crash_Happy said:

The first one would have been great if those MS guys didn't always end up trying to sell you Kinect. Thank the gods Jonathan Blow was there to put things in perspective.

Jaffe was honest and really heart felt on why he is making a Twisted Metal game, even though his passion is leading him in other directions. The MS guys were coming up with excuses over Kinect and the certification process.