Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3069 posts) -

A month ago we covered the 2011 Bombcast annal, and it seems appropriate to go back to where it all started. Here, then, are the very best moments from the 2008 Bombcasts. It actually started out that year as the Arrow Pointing Down podcast, and we begin with that before transitioning into the format that is beloved to so many of us today.

This highlights show is just over three hours long. Download the MP3 directly here or subscribe to our RSS feed here to receive more highlight goodness automatically. If you like what we do, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, and check out more highlights at our blog. Here’s the links to our 2011 Bombcast recap, and our coverage of 1UP Yours and The HotSpot if you’ve not heard our work before.

Coming up next is a recap of Q1 2001 of Loveline, the teen relationship and sexual health advice show once hosted by Adam Carolla and Dr. Drew. It ranks amongst the most entertaining recaps we’ve done yet (check out a teaser here, direct MP3 link). Then—and this is exciting, I’m sure—we’re returning to the GFW Radio recaps with a best-of show for the 2007 year of that podcast. We’re about halfway done with that episode and it’s already amazing. Also coming up a little later on, as I posted here before, we’ll have our Top 40 The HotSpot moments (2005 to 2007) that will be voted on by you, the listeners. The ballot for that will go up shortly.

A dude from Ireland—could he be Dietrich?—wedged a pistol magazine into a passerby’s car and then fled the country on his yacht. WHAT IS GOING ON

EDIT: Would somebody mind posting this up on NeoGAF for me?

#1 Edited by ZanzibarBreeze (3069 posts) -

A month ago we covered the 2011 Bombcast annal, and it seems appropriate to go back to where it all started. Here, then, are the very best moments from the 2008 Bombcasts. It actually started out that year as the Arrow Pointing Down podcast, and we begin with that before transitioning into the format that is beloved to so many of us today.

This highlights show is just over three hours long. Download the MP3 directly here or subscribe to our RSS feed here to receive more highlight goodness automatically. If you like what we do, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, and check out more highlights at our blog. Here’s the links to our 2011 Bombcast recap, and our coverage of 1UP Yours and The HotSpot if you’ve not heard our work before.

Coming up next is a recap of Q1 2001 of Loveline, the teen relationship and sexual health advice show once hosted by Adam Carolla and Dr. Drew. It ranks amongst the most entertaining recaps we’ve done yet (check out a teaser here, direct MP3 link). Then—and this is exciting, I’m sure—we’re returning to the GFW Radio recaps with a best-of show for the 2007 year of that podcast. We’re about halfway done with that episode and it’s already amazing. Also coming up a little later on, as I posted here before, we’ll have our Top 40 The HotSpot moments (2005 to 2007) that will be voted on by you, the listeners. The ballot for that will go up shortly.

A dude from Ireland—could he be Dietrich?—wedged a pistol magazine into a passerby’s car and then fled the country on his yacht. WHAT IS GOING ON

EDIT: Would somebody mind posting this up on NeoGAF for me?

#2 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2480 posts) -

I love these, thanks so much for taking the time to do them. If my iPhone was a VHS tape, I would have worn it out awhile ago listening to the GFW Radio and 1Up Yours highlights.

#3 Posted by SuperFusion (43 posts) -

Thank you so much for these duder! Keep up the awesome work. :D

#4 Posted by DirtyEagles (273 posts) -

Don't mess with the US. Don't Mess with the US? Don't mess with the US or else your gonna get SHOT.

#5 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3069 posts) -

@Krakn3Dfx: @SuperFusion: Thanks for listening :)

#6 Posted by Grimmy616 (392 posts) -

I love these highlight podcasts. Thanks for doing another Giant Bomb one. :D

#7 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1174 posts) -

Really like the highlight podcasts but I could do without your narration before hand. The way you say somethings can be kind of annoying. And in the hotspot ones where there would be like a 3 minute music break...

#8 Posted by EpicBenjamin (622 posts) -

These highlight podcasts are really freakin' great. Keep it up!

#9 Posted by Rsvaret (46 posts) -

Awesome! I really enjoyed 1UP Yours, Idle Thumbs, and GFW Radio. I've actually listened to all of the bombcasts before, but I'll be listening to this as well. I would encourage other giantbomb fans to go through the back catalog of podcasts too, as they hold up really well.