Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3079 posts) -

So, we've been working on the best-ofs for the Bombcast archive for most of this year, and now we've finally caught up! This best-of for the show's 2010 year fills in the gap, so now we've essentially done a complete Bombcast highlight reel. For those who don't know or haven't heard any of our stuff before, we basically produce best-of highlight shows for podcasts/radio shows. We've done 1UP Yours, Idle Thumbs, GFW Radio, Loveline, The Adam Carolla Show... and the Giant Bombcast, naturally.

It's unclear whether the Giant Bombcast has ever really been about video games. It ostensibly should be—it is a podcast produced by a video game website, starring a number of individuals that make a living as video game critics—but that doesn't account for the discussion of pizza, helicopters, Swatch Internet Time (or 'beat time'), and Kid Rock. Nevertheless, video game players will find the Bombcast informative: included within is an exhaustive and potent segment where the cast discuss the latest releases for Nintendo's WiiWare and DSiWare, two critically acclaimed online-only platforms recognized for providing the cutting edge in video game software. Stocked with an illegal amount of humor, the Giant Bombcast is among the longest running gaming podcasts, and among the most superior.

You can download the best-of here. It's six and a half hours long; one and a half hours of that is new releases. You can hit up our rush on Twitter, or on Facebook, or on iTunes, or via RSS. If you subscribe to us through iTunes, we'd really appreciate a rating and a review! Thanks for listening. And if you like what we do, then there's a ton of other podcasts we cover. You can find all those through our blog. We are listener funded (for our hosting costs), and we appreciate any help you can give us with that too. :)

#1 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3079 posts) -

So, we've been working on the best-ofs for the Bombcast archive for most of this year, and now we've finally caught up! This best-of for the show's 2010 year fills in the gap, so now we've essentially done a complete Bombcast highlight reel. For those who don't know or haven't heard any of our stuff before, we basically produce best-of highlight shows for podcasts/radio shows. We've done 1UP Yours, Idle Thumbs, GFW Radio, Loveline, The Adam Carolla Show... and the Giant Bombcast, naturally.

It's unclear whether the Giant Bombcast has ever really been about video games. It ostensibly should be—it is a podcast produced by a video game website, starring a number of individuals that make a living as video game critics—but that doesn't account for the discussion of pizza, helicopters, Swatch Internet Time (or 'beat time'), and Kid Rock. Nevertheless, video game players will find the Bombcast informative: included within is an exhaustive and potent segment where the cast discuss the latest releases for Nintendo's WiiWare and DSiWare, two critically acclaimed online-only platforms recognized for providing the cutting edge in video game software. Stocked with an illegal amount of humor, the Giant Bombcast is among the longest running gaming podcasts, and among the most superior.

You can download the best-of here. It's six and a half hours long; one and a half hours of that is new releases. You can hit up our rush on Twitter, or on Facebook, or on iTunes, or via RSS. If you subscribe to us through iTunes, we'd really appreciate a rating and a review! Thanks for listening. And if you like what we do, then there's a ton of other podcasts we cover. You can find all those through our blog. We are listener funded (for our hosting costs), and we appreciate any help you can give us with that too. :)

#2 Posted by ThePickle (4190 posts) -

Awesome.

#3 Posted by Nightriff (5246 posts) -

Just downloaded it, can't wait to listen to it once I've listened to all of 2010

#4 Edited by Joker369 (882 posts) -

Thanks. It's awesome to have a lot of the Nintendo download segments all in one place.

#5 Edited by Maajin (1081 posts) -

Oh, you're the duder responsible for This Year? I feel bad now, wish I would have thanked you before... but you're doing god's work, man. I really enjoy listening to these, they're are awesome.

#6 Posted by ShaggE (6634 posts) -

That has to be the most tedious project ever. You're amazing, duder. (and since there are always requests in these threads... MBMBaM? :P)

#7 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3079 posts) -

@Maajin said:

Oh, you're the duder responsible for This Year? I feel bad now, wish I would have thanked you before... but you're doing god's work, man. I really enjoy listening to these, they're are awesome.

Thanks!

@ShaggE said:

That has to be the most tedious project ever. You're amazing, duder. (and since there are always requests in these threads... MBMBaM? :P)

Thanks! Yeah, we'll eventually get around to that. I've listened to a few episodes of that show and I liked it, so I do plan to get to that at some time. My problem is that my morning commute has just gotten shorter, so I don't have as much time for podcasts as I did in the past. Otherwise I'd probably be listening to shows like MBMBaM more regularly. But we will be getting to that, yes.

#8 Posted by ShaggE (6634 posts) -

@ZanzibarBreeze said:

Thanks! Yeah, we'll eventually get around to that. I've listened to a few episodes of that show and I liked it, so I do plan to get to that at some time. My problem is that my morning commute has just gotten shorter, so I don't have as much time for podcasts as I did in the past. Otherwise I'd probably be listening to shows like MBMBaM more regularly. But we will be getting to that, yes.

Be glad, it always sucks catching up on an awesome podcast and then being stuck waiting for each new episode, haha.

Oh, and This Year is, in a roundabout way, how I discovered the Gamespy Debriefings/Comedy Button, so double thank you. :D

#9 Posted by rachelepithet (1392 posts) -

Way to go, bro. These things make my day. Perfect for a marathon TF2 Mann vs Machine night.

#10 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -

Awesome stuff

#11 Posted by DeadPan (346 posts) -

Once again sir, awesome stuff

#12 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (449 posts) -

I somehow managed to forget just how annoying Leigh Alexander was on that E3 Bombcast. Now it's been seared into my brain for another year. Thanks This Year.

#13 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12004 posts) -

@OneAndOnlyBigE said:

I somehow managed to forget just how annoying Leigh Alexander was on that E3 Bombcast. Now it's been seared into my brain for another year. Thanks This Year.

This Year: Helping you relive the trauma of E3's past in 6-8 hour chunks!

In all seriousness, I love that you guys do these.

#14 Edited by ZanzibarBreeze (3079 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

Oh, and This Year is, in a roundabout way, how I discovered the Gamespy Debriefings/Comedy Button, so double thank you. :D

Cool! I've heard mixed things about The Comedy Button, but in sum I guess there's more good feedback about it than there is bad, so maybe I should check it out.

@boocreepyfootdoctor said:

Way to go, bro. These things make my day.

Thanks!

@OneAndOnlyBigE said:

I somehow managed to forget just how annoying Leigh Alexander was on that E3 Bombcast. Now it's been seared into my brain for another year. Thanks This Year.

No, thank you! :)

@ArbitraryWater said:

In all seriousness, I love that you guys do these.

Thanks!

#15 Posted by ShaggE (6634 posts) -

@ZanzibarBreeze said:

@ShaggE said:

Oh, and This Year is, in a roundabout way, how I discovered the Gamespy Debriefings/Comedy Button, so double thank you. :D

Cool! I've heard mixed things about The Comedy Button, but in sum I guess there's more good feedback about it than there is bad, so maybe I should check it out.

It's definitely not for everyone, as it's very "cross the line twice" style offensive, but they can be painfully funny. I can imagine that the people who complain about off-topic talk in the Bombcast would hate it, though... even when it was a gaming podcast, it was extremely rare to hear them discuss games, haha.