#1 Edited by ZanzibarBreeze (3069 posts) -

The This Year Collection returns with another best-of for the Giant Bombcast! We put together best-ofs (i.e compilation show/highlight show/clip show/whatever else you want to call it) for podcasts and radio shows, and as is standard procedure for us each year, we’re opening up the new year with a Bombcast best-of.

Because the program is so long (nine hours) I’ve split it up into two parts. Check out the timestamps below for what’s what; we’re including the entirety of the Ryan memorial on the Bombcast because it was obviously an important part of the show in 2013. You can either get the show on iTunes or RSS or direct download the MP3s: Part 1 / Part 2.

Earlier in the year, we also produced our own memorials for Ryan: one two-hour clip show and one clip show interspersed with Summer Jams. Both are available here, and best-ofs for the rest of the Bombcast (the other five years) can be found at bombcast.thisyearcollection.org.

Hey, hope you guys enjoy it! Thanks for all of the great feedback over the last few years we've been operating. It's fun doing this stuff, but it's better knowing that lots of people really like it and come to look forward to it every January when we release these.

#2 Posted by CoinMatze (456 posts) -

I love these. That goes on my player immediately.

Sometimes I say your name because it's so much fun. Is that weird?

#3 Posted by Schatzy23 (158 posts) -

YES!! This news just made my day. Can't wait to listen to all the highlights from 2013.

#4 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3069 posts) -

Sometimes I say your name because it's so much fun. Is that weird?

Not at all; perfectly normal, perfectly healthy!

#5 Edited by Sterling (1747 posts) -

Today is the day! I saw the posting date on the site last week and have been counting down ever since. Off to go download!

#6 Edited by Trilogy (2570 posts) -

I'm really happy to see you're still making these. I've been going back through the 2008-2012 compilations again recently. They've been a fantastic companion to my recent Rogue Legacy obsession.

#7 Posted by DarkFury (367 posts) -

I love these compilations, you have me addicted to Loveline now..

#8 Posted by Turambar (6489 posts) -

That is an illegal amount of podcast. I can't wait.

#9 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11034 posts) -

These are my favorite things and you guys are the best. Downloading immediately.

#10 Posted by StarvingGamer (7581 posts) -

Thanks as always.

<3

#11 Posted by Forcen (1769 posts) -

I am gonna download all this when I get some proper internet, thanks awesome guy.

#12 Posted by TandooriCactus (16 posts) -

I've been looking forward to this. Many thanks good sir, these are great

#13 Edited by Gruff182 (848 posts) -

Good job with these!

#14 Edited by JamesJeux007 (455 posts) -

YES ! I was looking forward to this year's collection ! I listened to all of them. They are great !

#15 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3597 posts) -

Thank you dude! Really can't tell you how much I appreciate your work, from the Bombcast to UYD and others. Really important and the best part is you do a great job.

#16 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3069 posts) -

Thank you dude! Really can't tell you how much I appreciate your work, from the Bombcast to UYD and others. Really important and the best part is you do a great job.

Thank you! And thanks to everyone else as well.

#17 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2055 posts) -

@zanzibarbreeze:

I remember doing one of these a couple of years back by the ripping the audio off of YouTube vids, but you've done a much stellar job.

#18 Posted by StarvingGamer (7581 posts) -

Man, now I'm all sad.

#19 Posted by ILikePopCans (714 posts) -

Nice, time for me to download via the tubes Thanks!

#20 Posted by peachesrcool (74 posts) -

i was literary just about to google to see if this years *This Years* GB collection existed yet. Thanks much!

#21 Posted by GreggD (4449 posts) -

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

To the iTunes! And the site to give you some free traffic!

#22 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (4445 posts) -

All right. Real excited to relisten to all the great moments throughout the year!

#23 Posted by Nightriff (4377 posts) -

Do you have the entire Ryan memorial podcast the crew did in the compilation?

#24 Edited by Maajin (1039 posts) -

That's awesome! These are always great. Also, thanks for introducing me to Loveline (I'm not from the U.S.) and Uh Yeah Dude!

Edit: Goddammit, Ryan. =~

#25 Edited by Demoskinos (13906 posts) -

@zanzibarbreeze: I saw this pop up on my RSS feed earlier today. You guys do great work as always.

#26 Posted by development (1594 posts) -

So much podcast. I have a feeling it'll be over sooner than I think. Excellent work so far. I sorta forgot just how different the podcast feels with Ryan at the helm; it's like a bolt of energy struck the cast.

#27 Posted by Hero_Swe (1083 posts) -

Not to go too offtopic but we need a compilation of everytime Jeff and Ryan read from the Wiishop. There are magical moments in there.

#28 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4282 posts) -

I'm going to bawl like a spoiled child once I hit the last part that has Ryan

#29 Posted by VoshiNova (1594 posts) -

I listen to all of the this year collections! Such great execution on a great idea.

Thanks!

#30 Edited by TooWalrus (12986 posts) -

Doing God's work here, guys. I'll listen later.

...Fuck, Ryan Davis.

#31 Posted by Kingpk (113 posts) -

This has been on in the background all day. These always hit all of the high points and putting the Ryancast at the end is heartbreakingly great.

#32 Posted by egmsimon (7 posts) -

Great collections! Donated.

#33 Edited by Encephalon (1181 posts) -

Man. Hearing Ryan in a concentrated dose like this just reminds me how fucking good he was at podcasting.

Thanks for the best of's, as always. Donating now.

#34 Posted by tread311 (352 posts) -

Weird listening to Ryan again after so long. The vibe of the show was so different and his chemistry with Jeff was really something else. Thanks.

#35 Posted by Monkeyman04 (839 posts) -

Sweet! Can't wait to give them a listen.

#36 Posted by ShaggE (5994 posts) -

Man, I love these. This will be a tough one to listen to, but I'ma do it.

Also, I didn't realize you did Blue Jam series 3 already! Awesome!

#37 Edited by Gatehouse (486 posts) -

This has made me really wish I wasn't at work right now! You do amazing work with these @zanzibarbreeze. Both the Ryan memorial and the Best of 2013 must be listened to this weekend.

#38 Edited by ZanzibarBreeze (3069 posts) -

Thanks to everybody for the feedback! I really appreciate it. :)

@hero_swe said:

Not to go too offtopic but we need a compilation of everytime Jeff and Ryan read from the Wiishop. There are magical moments in there.

All the best moments have been compiled in our best-ofs, though I can't remember which years now -- 2010 maybe? I think there's about 30 minutes of new releases in 2010. Could be wrong about the year though; there's been so many of them now.

@egmsimon said:

Great collections! Donated.

Man. Hearing Ryan in a concentrated dose like this just reminds me how fucking good he was at podcasting.

Thanks for the best of's, as always. Donating now.

Thanks for helping us out! It means a lot to me.

@shagge said:

Also, I didn't realize you did Blue Jam series 3 already! Awesome!

#39 Posted by Sterling (1747 posts) -

I was listening to part 1 last night while playing some xbox one games. Every time Ryan would say something loud my xbox would do all sorts of odd things. It kept opening help. Returned to the home screen. It loaded up powerstar golf from the home screen. It opened friends at one point also. And recorded a game clip. I was just waiting for it for it be turned off in the middle of playing, but that never happened.

#40 Posted by HatKing (5571 posts) -

@zanzibarbreeze: I'm going to spend the evening getting drunk and listening to these. Thank you.

#41 Posted by Willin (1269 posts) -
@sterling said:

I was listening to part 1 last night while playing some xbox one games. Every time Ryan would say something loud my xbox would do all sorts of odd things. It kept opening help. Returned to the home screen. It loaded up powerstar golf from the home screen. It opened friends at one point also. And recorded a game clip. I was just waiting for it for it be turned off in the middle of playing, but that never happened.

The Ghost of Ryan Davis has haunted your Xbox One.

#42 Posted by Sterling (1747 posts) -

@willin said:
@sterling said:

The Ghost of Ryan Davis has haunted your Xbox One.

And I am totally okay with it.

#43 Edited by ZagZagovich (740 posts) -

Great work as usual!

#44 Posted by Hadoken101 (593 posts) -

Great job on the compilation man, this really sunk in just how much I miss Ryan. Now I'm all down :/

#45 Posted by Cirdain (2957 posts) -

YES!

#46 Posted by ElmerGlue (24 posts) -

wooooooooo!

#47 Edited by villainy (511 posts) -

Whelp... Time to donate again! Thanks so much for doing this as always. This collection was fantastic and the final sentence was perfect.