• 50 results
#1 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3081 posts) -

This Year has produced a memorial best-of for Ryan. It's just over two hours long and contains some of Ryan's best moments on The HotSpot and the Giant Bombcast. You can download the MP3 here (Direct link/RSS/iTunes also).

I am glad to present to you today an assembly of some of his most memorable moments selected by his fans and by listeners to our program. What we’ve got for you here is pretty simple: it’s two hours worth of Ryan at his best. Along with the more memorable moments you guys picked out I dug into my vault and selected some deep cuts that tend to go overlooked. You’ll hear stuff from 2006 all the way up to 2013. I’ve done my best to make it as streamlined as possible—I didn’t want this to just be another six-hour Bombcast best-of; this is a celebration of Ryan and all that he gave to us.

Right now it’s relatively bare-bones—just clips played in the way I’ve ordered them—and I say that because I’m working on a second version of this memorial show that will include songs off Ryan’s Summer Jams playlist. I want to produce something that we’ll be able to keep on our MP3 players; something to put on while driving, something to put on when it’s summer time. If you’ve listened to our best-ofs for the program Blue Jam, that should give you an idea of what I’m going for: basically just songs sandwiched between each clip. It’s something that’ll take a while though, because it takes thought and engineering and most crucially time, so while I work on it a little bit each day, here’s a plainer version of that, again, just two hours of clips. Also for old-times sake I’ve included some songs by the Suburban All-Stars. I hope that you enjoy it and I hope that it serves as a good reflection of how important and beloved Ryan was. He will certainly be missed, but he leaves behind a tremendous legacy that ensures he will never be forgotten.

Playlist

Introduction / Some of the Real / Uh Uh Uh Uh Uh / Charge Super Shot Healthy Energy / Did You Play Skyward Sword? / You’re Part of the Problem / If I’m Not Playing The Division I’m Not Living / Cake

Stop (The All-Stars) / This Fucking Narc / Ryan vs. Brad 1 / I Love Mongolian Barbeque / Did You Pre-Order? / Best Buy / Gay Sexual Content / Cake vs. Pie / What the Fuck Are You Saying? / The Debate of the Century / Saxophones Are Shit / Muh Balls / The Move / Yeast / Designated Hitter / Never / It’s Right Here / Ryan vs. Brad 2

Girlfriend / Breast Milk / Up on the Hill / Ketchup / The Pearls Caught in Mid-Air / When Men Shriek / Whack It Off / Silky the Fairy & Saucepan Man / David Cage’s Don’t Shit Your Pants / Enjoy Your Massage / Cannot Control the Clown / Shhhhhhhhhh

In the Can In the Can / Ryan vs. Brad 3 / Robots Don’t Have Feelings / Swowrds / You Are All Assholes / David Meatballs / I Bet She Does / Gaming for Me Is a Religion / …Baby One More Time / Fading Out Now

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (15131 posts) -

@zanzibarbreeze: You guys are fucking fantastic. I'll have to listen to this mashup soon. I was already directing people to the Giantbomb mash-ups to listen to.

#3 Posted by jimmyfenix (3859 posts) -

wow thanks alot!

#4 Posted by kerse (2118 posts) -

awesome

#5 Posted by blueaniman93 (604 posts) -

I'm looking forward to listening to this. Good looks duder.

#6 Edited by TheHT (11767 posts) -

this will probably be rough.

#7 Edited by ShaggE (6692 posts) -

I was hoping you'd pull something like this together. :D Great job, duder.

(and great job on the second Blue Jam compilation as well... that was a good selection of sketches)

#8 Edited by ZanzibarBreeze (3081 posts) -
@shagge said:

I was hoping you'd pull something like this together. :D Great job, duder. (and great job on the second Blue Jam compilation as well... that was a good selection of sketches)

Thanks! That Jerry Springer bit is something else.

#9 Edited by Agent89 (26 posts) -

Amazing, I'm looking forward to reminiscing his best stuff, even from HotSpot.

Thank you for your hard work, and I can't wait for the new full version. I'm sure it will be great.

#10 Edited by Rudeboy217 (1771 posts) -

Fantastic job to the people who put this together! I will be listening to this later.

#11 Posted by wrecks (2317 posts) -

Very cool. The write up along with it was very nice. Downloading.

#12 Posted by Wampa1 (739 posts) -

@zanzibarbreeze: Love the This Year compilations, was hoping there would be a Ryan memorial edition. Thanks!

#13 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

Always loved your compilations, thanks for doing this.

#14 Posted by ShaggE (6692 posts) -

@shagge said:

I was hoping you'd pull something like this together. :D Great job, duder. (and great job on the second Blue Jam compilation as well... that was a good selection of sketches)

Thanks! That Jerry Springer bit is something else.

Haha, yeah, I loved the bit where he started getting pissed off, then sounded immensely relieved when Morris asked a more normal question. I had never heard of Blue Jam until your first compilation, but now it's one of my favorite things. (also, it introduced me to some amazing trip hop... I'm now hopelessly hooked on Moloko)

#15 Posted by Bakumatsu (374 posts) -

This will be hard to listen but it's very appreciated. Thank you.

#16 Posted by Hardtarget (264 posts) -

oh yes, so happy this year has already done this!

#17 Edited by h0lgr (911 posts) -

Great job, duder. I'm gonna enjoy this, thanks!

#18 Posted by Willza92 (272 posts) -

I hope to still be listening to Ryan Davis in 100 years.

#19 Posted by YGBJammy (4 posts) -

Really good listen, had never actually heard any of their band's stuff before, was great! Ryan will be missed.

#20 Posted by Pepeman (114 posts) -

This is spectacular! Thank you so much :)

#21 Posted by Forcen (1854 posts) -

Thanks for this, keep up the good work.

#22 Edited by AlwaysBeClothing (1490 posts) -

Much love for including S.A.S. songs and for doing everything you can to help us remember Ryan.

#23 Posted by mooncake (160 posts) -

Amazing! I was hoping you guys would do this.

#24 Posted by mattscout007 (90 posts) -

This Year podcasts have always been great, thanks for this! Can't wait for the version with summer jams!

#25 Posted by development (2614 posts) -

Pretty fucking amazing!

#26 Posted by jaycrockett (487 posts) -

Amazing! I had never heard Suburban All-Stars.

#27 Edited by FateOfNever (1855 posts) -

Just wanted to give a big thanks for putting this together.

#28 Posted by Psyklon (44 posts) -

How has "Some of the Real" eluded me all these years!

#29 Posted by brandondryrock (217 posts) -

Holy shit this is amazing. Thank you @zanzibarbreeze. I think my favorite so far is Will Smith mispronouncing executable.

#30 Posted by jewunit (1064 posts) -

@zanzibarbreeze:

Thank you for all your efforts putting together these podcasts. Not just this one and the Giant Bombcast collections. You do an incredible job across the board with everything you put together on the This Year site.

#31 Posted by etdragon (29 posts) -

"Some of the Real" is perfect.

#32 Posted by Ridiculously_Manny (26 posts) -

Thanks for making these, duder! Always remember the good times.

#33 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3081 posts) -

I appreciate the kind feedback everybody. Thanks for listening!

#35 Edited by Stevemax (147 posts) -

-

#36 Edited by Captain_Insano (1563 posts) -

What a great write up too.

Damn I miss Ryan so much already.

#37 Posted by poveren (86 posts) -

Great compilation

#38 Posted by TheLastNeo (443 posts) -

I love the "this year" gb collections you put up every year..

Thank you so much for doing this. Cant wait to listen!

Miss ya Ryan.

#39 Edited by PompousDawson (78 posts) -

Just downloaded off iTunes. Thanks for providing this best of Ryan Davis MP3 for all of us.

#40 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4486 posts) -

Will listen!

#41 Posted by leebmx (2235 posts) -

I don't know if I can listen to this at the moment - but I really appreciate you putting it all together.

#42 Posted by ButIShootFromThere (15 posts) -

Thank you so much for doing this. I look forward to the summer jams version as well.

#43 Posted by Swifdemon (101 posts) -

I really love how this ended: with Ryan's delightful giggle.

#44 Edited by ZanzibarBreeze (3081 posts) -

Thanks again to all of you for the feedback. We've completed about 47 minutes of the Summer Jams version of the memorial show. It's looking like it'll be about three to four hours long, so we're about a quarter done.

#45 Posted by TehBuLL (613 posts) -

Awesome. Keep it up. Have enjoyed all of your giantbomb content. The original Ryan tribute was fantastic.

#46 Posted by Flappy (2352 posts) -

Oh my gaaaaaaaaaaawd. I love White Girlfriend!

#47 Posted by Kinapuff (244 posts) -

Going to listen to this on my way to work. Thanks for throwing this together. :)

#48 Posted by NipCrip66 (126 posts) -

This is a fantastic compilation with some stuff on it I hadn't heard before. The breast milk segment had me laughing out loud on the train into work.

Thank you so much for putting this together. It's a brilliant tribute.

#49 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3081 posts) -
@flappy said:

Oh my gaaaaaaaaaaawd. I love White Girlfriend!

Related to that, I'm sorry I couldn't provide a higher quality copy of the song -- the only one I have was ripped off their MySpace page, and I don't know of any other version out there.

#50 Posted by Flappy (2352 posts) -

@zanzibarbreeze: It's all good, man. You did an amazing job with the overall package, so who am I to crucify you for this one part. Job well done!