#1 Edited by ZanzibarBreeze (3070 posts) -

Thanks for all the feedback on our original memorial for Ryan, featuring highlights from his time on The HotSpot and the Giant Bombcast. We said then that we were cutting together a version of the memorial that would be infused with Summer Jam songs.

As promised: the Ryan Davis Memorial, Summer Jams edition. The password to the ZIP is Ryan's "middle name," no caps.

I think it easily rates amongst the best things we've put together. I hope you enjoy it.

#2 Posted by VIGGO123 (552 posts) -

This is great. I've enjoyed all your other Best of Bombcast collections, and this is a nice tribute to Ryan.

#3 Posted by Mcmurrow (49 posts) -

I'm really happy about/excited for this.

You know that's not his actual middle name though, right?

#4 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3070 posts) -
@mcmurrow said:

You know that's not his actual middle name though, right?

Of course, but everybody knows what I mean when I put it like that.

#5 Posted by Mcmurrow (49 posts) -

Haha, alright. It just took me a minute to figure out why the password wasn't working.

Listening to the episode now, though. Thanks for all the work you do on these shows, really great stuff.

#6 Posted by HunterGathers (33 posts) -

His middle name is Thomas NOT what you entered (his Twitter handle)

#7 Posted by JonnyNWR (8 posts) -

Does this use the same Bombcast/Hotspot clips as the last one, just now with music? I actually enjoyed the songs by Ryan/Jeff/Alex/etc. on that one so not sure I want to listen again with different music, but it's still a great concept and much appreciated.

#8 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3070 posts) -
@jonnynwr said:

Does this use the same Bombcast/Hotspot clips as the last one, just now with music? I actually enjoyed the songs by Ryan/Jeff/Alex/etc. on that one so not sure I want to listen again with different music, but it's still a great concept and much appreciated.

For the most part yes; there are actually a few new clips, and some have been taken out. All of them have been rearranged, and the Suburban All-Stars songs aren't included -- this is pretty much a different beast.

#9 Posted by Chaser324 (6440 posts) -

Good concept and nice work. However, I personally think I prefer your first Ryan compilation. I found the audio mix here a bit tough for my ears to parse, so I think I'll continue to enjoy my Bombcast and Summer Jams separately.

That being said, this is still a great tribute.

#10 Edited by Zeik (2396 posts) -

Great job. I never really followed Ryan's summer jams (which I kind of regret now), so I enjoyed hearing that along with the rest of the tribute.

I wasn't quite sure how I'd end up reacting to this, whether it would leave me completely depressed or not, but it's a testament to his character that even given the circumstances I still had a huge smile on my face and laughing out loud through most of it.

Still, miss you forever Ryan Davis.

#11 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

My experience with Ryan's summer jams was always seeing his tweets and shaking my head at how terrible the music was. My twitter feed is so empty without him.

#12 Posted by ch3burashka (5046 posts) -

I never jumped in on the Spotify public lists or the thisismyjam recommendations or any of the summer jams - I feel like I missed out, bad. Will be catching up now.

#13 Posted by ElJosh (37 posts) -

pretty awesome guys, thanks for taking the time and making it!

#14 Posted by GIyn (202 posts) -

Summer TIme

#15 Edited by rmanthorp (3913 posts) -

<>

#16 Edited by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

I must be doing something wrong. I cant seem to actually download it... :( what are you guys doing to download it?

#17 Edited by Smari (10 posts) -

The music is a bit loud during the clips(Just my personal opinion, feel free to disagree. :P), other than that the Summer Jams version is great!

#18 Posted by XNaphryz (76 posts) -

Is there a full playlist for this posted anywhere?

#19 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3070 posts) -

I must be doing something wrong. I cant seem to actually download it... :( what are you guys doing to download it?

What problem are you having? We'll try to help.

@xnaphryz said:

Is there a full playlist for this posted anywhere?

Included in the download.

#20 Posted by GaspoweR (2961 posts) -

His middle name is Thomas NOT what you entered (his Twitter handle)

Yeah the OP knows and he's acknowledged that in a previous comment here. :)

#21 Posted by RuthLoose (808 posts) -

"I FUCKING SNITCHED OUT SOME PEOPLE! OH MY GOD!" - Ryan Davis

Already the best thing I have experienced this summer and only 10:00 in.

#22 Edited by papercut (3479 posts) -

This is amazing. Thank you. I only wish it was 10x longer because it's so great.

#23 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1020 posts) -

@zanzibarbreeze: Is the bound to fall in love one the song "bound 2" or are you using the original ponderosa twins "bound" song?

#24 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3070 posts) -
#25 Posted by Fattony12000 (7323 posts) -

/bump

#26 Posted by JamesEnsor (10 posts) -

/bump again

Still miss you big man...

#27 Posted by Nightriff (5038 posts) -

Can't wait to listen to this, I have the original one you guys did which is fantastic, can't wait to listen to it and not try to cry. Thanks again.

#28 Posted by secondhands (1 posts) -

Just listened to this in one go. Great way to remember/pay respects to the man. Thanks so much for putting this together.

#29 Posted by Stubstub (26 posts) -

Going to listen to this during a 10k tomorrow. I was trying to decide between the This Year's podcast and the Summer Jams playlist on Rdio. Problem solved. Bourbon (with one ice cube) tonight and running with Ryan in my ears in the morning.

#30 Posted by Splodge (1374 posts) -

I LOVE thisyearcollection.org. You guys are the best.