Too many voices

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hotcakesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Hotcakesman

as a podcaster.. I have 4 hosts on my show... you don't want to have any more because u end up with chaos.. However Giantbombcast is hands down one of my favorite game podcasts.. and as for Patrick I think based on his knowledge alone he is a great addition.. I love the chaos.. because everyone knows what they are talking about.. keep up the great show!.. I love it

Hotcakes - Host of Undercover Unitards Podcast

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Hameyadea

Patrick was a good choice. While I agree that 5 permanent hosts is a bit much, why Patrick? Because you dislike him? I think that the GB crew should consider to a 3 crew (with Ryan as a permanent host) + 1 occasional guest, with rotation. This bombcast is Vinny, Jeff, Patrick, Ryan. That bombcast is Brad, Jeff, Ryan and Matt/Ben (just for the heck of it). It's all about the integration.

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Slab64

@Milkman said:

Another I hate Patrick thread. Very novel. I can't wait to see what happens when you find out him AND Alex are on the Bombcast tomorrow.

Yaaaaaaaay! I was hoping Alex would do the bombcast while he was in town.

What's that? The OP?? Yeah, fuck that guy.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By TwoLines

People are assholes. "I hate this guy, I hate that guy. This sucks. I won't watch/listen to this! Hey, I'm telling you I won't! And I'll unsubscribe! And... And leave!" Who the hell cares you egotistic douche? Holy Christ. How do you live with yourself?

EDIT: Although, this IS a blog post, so I guess it's pretty much "According to me" corner. It's still REALLY annoying though.

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Dogma

@TwoLines: The Internet.... a place to bitch and moan about everyone and everything since 1995:ish... -_-

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By VirtuaXav

Looks like you might have misunderstood his whole stance on football. It sounded like he wanted to get into football because his family and fiance are huge fans of the sport.

With the Bombcast, I think it's fine the way it is. Four people was awesome, but stretching it to five isn't so bad. I like what Patrick brings to it and it's only on very few occasions it gets too hectic.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By adoggz

yeah 5 might be too many people for a single podcast. I think they should split the bombcast into 2 competing podcasts. One with Ryan, Jeff, Patrick and Will(or whoever) the other with Vinny, Brad, Dave and Drew. I vote on VBDoubleD to win podcasting.

MiasmaFett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By MiasmaFett

I think Patrick is a great addition to the Bombcast and a fantastic addition to the already brilliant team.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59  Edited By CptChiken

Another i hate patrick thread?  

I like patrick he knows his stuff. 

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#60  Edited By NoobSauceG7

It is actually great to get some new opinions in the bombcast as well and Patrick does a great job expressing his opinion. I am very, very happy qt how the bombcast is.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By cheesebob

I like Patrick on these podcasts. He makes me laugh. I don't find it chaotic at all.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62  Edited By The_Nubster

Being a podcast expert who has hosted and taken part in many successful podcasts, I will confirm that four people is, indeed, the perfect amount and adding a fifth is automatically terrible an chaotic, regardless of how well-hosted the podcast is. </sarcasm>

Aas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Aas

I feel it works great. Patrick knows a lot of things about how the industry works that the others don't. Good addition.

cornwalliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By cornwalliz

I dont think is chaotic at all. You only hear 4 voices, Brad voice is almost non existent

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By cheesebob

Seems...relevant!

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66  Edited By buzz_killington

Speaking of voices on the Bombcast, they haven't had Dave on for a long time...

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#67  Edited By ProfessorEss
@Vinny_Says said:

@Liber said:

They should remove Vinny and make Will Smith a permanent bomcaster.

And Patrick stays !

blasphemer!!

I agree that they should remove Vinny too. 

But only so that they can give him his own Caravellacast with special guest Brad Shoemaker. Cutting the cast down to these two seems like it would exponentially increase the amount of time spent talking about, what do you call them again? Oh yeah, videogames. Hell, throw Kessler in there too while you're at it, he plays vidjagames too. 

But I digress. At the end of the day, like it or leave it, it's just a podcast. Take it for what it is.
Alexandruxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Alexandruxx

I dont like that guy either

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By emergency

Patrick 4 President

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By daiphyer

@buzz_killington said:

Speaking of voices on the Bombcast, they haven't had Dave on for a long time...

This. The podcast needs more Dave talking about weird flight simulation PC games.

I don't mind Patrick, but I do want them to have more frequent guests. Will Smith being on last week's podcast was too good.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By laserbolts

Yeah Patrick just isn't entertaining. After watching the first episode of the chrono trigger ER I know I won't be watching another. Repeating science over and over again playing off of the portal humor or whatever he was trying to do was pretty dumb.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By laserbolts
@Liber

And Patrick stays !

You should be killed.
Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Mcfart

All joking/I hate everything cause I'm on the Internet aside, 5 is too many for a podcast. The guy's argument is legit, and everyone's trying to turn it into a straw man "Patrick hate" thread. Even if it wasen't Patrick, 5 is too many. Plus, where does that leave the 'Cast for guest speakers? Will a random person give up their seat, or will we be looking at 6?

PeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By PeZ

I don't get the hate. I think Klepek's fine, because remember that EVERYONE hated Vinny at first, and look what happened.

Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@Vinny_Says

@Liber said:

And Patrick stays !

blasphemer!!

Hope you get genital herpes!

And syphilis
Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Clonedzero

yeah, i feel like 5 is too many. its not patrick hate, its just that 5 is too many people. you'll notice like 2 of them go silent for like entire hours. what they should do is 4 people and just cycle in who's most relevant for that weeks bombcast. if brad doesnt really have much to say then leave him out and bring in patrick to talk about the news since thats his focus. if there isnt much news leave patrick out of it.

its not rocket science lol.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Cloudenvy

@laserbolts said:

@Liber

And Patrick stays !

You should be killed.

Working on it.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By DharmaBum

@Fjordson said:

And Patrick has always been dull as hell on podcasts. Didn't like him on 1UP Yours years ago or G4's Feedback either.

Amen.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By toowalrus
@Milkman
Another I hate Patrick thread. Very novel. I can't wait to see what happens when you find out him AND Alex are on the Bombcast tomorrow.
I'm whole-heartedly looking foreward to this one- nothing but love towards both of those dudes.
voltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By voltan

Don't really like Patrick. He's annoying kid. But I can't do anything about it so why complain? Shit happens. Maybe I eventually get used to him.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#81  Edited By Brendan

@Mcfart said:

All joking/I hate everything cause I'm on the Internet aside, 5 is too many for a podcast. The guy's argument is legit, and everyone's trying to turn it into a straw man "Patrick hate" thread. Even if it wasen't Patrick, 5 is too many. Plus, where does that leave the 'Cast for guest speakers? Will a random person give up their seat, or will we be looking at 6?

No one is creating a strawman. The first sentence of his post is about the number of podcasters, the rest is about Patrick. He is basically making a thinly veiled argument against Patrick. It's his opinion, so, whatever, but don't make everyone else out to be mistaken when that simply isn't true.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By kishinfoulux

I guess this means he'll be on board for the GOTY discussions too. Not sure what to make of that but could be good.

hi_im_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By hi_im_rob

Patrick is awesome

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By kishinfoulux

@Landon said:

@PulledaBrad said:

Going back and listening to the last few podcasts, something hasnt been sitting right with me. I figured it out what it was though. There are too many full seats all the time now. 4 was just about perfect. But adding in Patrick as a nigh-perma 5th almost causes chaos. Most recently this past week, everyone was trying to talk to everyone else a couple of times. Made for a poor experience. And Im sad to say its because they have 5 chairs now instead of the usual (with the occasional guest spot). And for the 5th to be taken by Kleppek is disheartening. I really dont care for the man. Dont get me wrong, he is a hell of a news person and his reviews are pretty good. I totally dig that work that he does. But as a person/personality in the Bombcast and/or videos, cant stand him. He comes across as very fake to me. Take the Madden QL. He knows that Jeff and the rest dont care for football and pitches in with the "yeah football is kinda goofy, I only like it cause my girlfriend likes it so much." But yet every Sunday you check the GB front page's Twitter feed and there he is fretting over every Bears game. That right there tells me that hes not a very genuine person. Have him on the cast ever so often, but please get back to the 4 way conversation. With some people that are actual people and not someone trying to play up to what he thinks his peers want to hear.

Jeff does the exact same thing with wrestling. All these Patrick hate threads are getting on my nerves.

Not really. He straight up admits that wrestling is dumb and even questions why he watches it at times. Not quite the same.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Ravenlight

@smallmanoncampus said:

Oh I'm sorry. Is this FREE service not good enough for you? Go find somewhere else then.

It's okay Patrick, I still think you're pretty cool.

CornishRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#87  Edited By CornishRocker

Patrick's a fine addition to the podcast, the dude knows his stuff. The news segments got much better since he's been on the podcast.

Simulacrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Simulacrum

Personally, I think five voices is the perfect amount.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@SpaceRunaway said:

I like Patrick on the bombcasts because he always seems struck with wonder about everything. I like to imagine that his wide-eyed earnestness is directly related to his youthful looks. It is also a good balance with Jeff, who hates everything.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By FunExplosions
@VisariLoyalist said:

creeper much? Cross referencing tweets with quicklook anecdotes what are you some kind of psychic detective

This. You're thinking about it too hard. Patrick isn't a fake. I've known a lot of compulsive liars and scumbags in my day, and Patrick isn't one. He's younger than the rest of the crew, and perhaps sometimes oversteps his bounds on things, but that is all bound to gradually get better with time, as he settles in and gets more comfortable. However, I do agree that five people is actually pretty irritating to listen to; four people allows for a mellow feel, while still providing enough material to keep the conversations going.
largo6661

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By largo6661

I really like patrick so I have no problem with him being there. And how can u call him fake you dont even know him really.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By RE_Player1

I find Patrick annoying but I bear with it. Would I like for him to not be a permanent member of the podcast? Absolutely. Am I going to make threads complaining about his presence? No. Others seem to like him so I'm not going to take that away from them. I just hope I can get through the GOTY podcasts :P

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By SeanFoster

You should just listen to the 2 or 3 episodes of the Bombcast that perfectly fit your guidelines for what the podcast should be on repeat.

GrandMarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#94  Edited By GrandMarshal

agreed, four man on most days is better. they should do 5 man podcasts every now and then

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#95  Edited By WightnNerdy

If you don't like it, find another podcast to listen to.  

Patrick is just fine.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Chop

I like Patrick just fine, but I do agree that five is too many. They never get past the what you've been playing segment these days. Ryan needs to shut those fuckers down faster and move things along imo

Norusdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Norusdog

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

They are breaking him in for when Brad leaves to edit IGN in the new year, then you'll have your precious 4 man cast again.

glad to hear he's leaving. I started out liking Brad a lot. Then, as time went on, noticed his bitchy holier-than-thou attitude. Think it started with the goty podcast debates. And every so often he does it to any of them (mostly VInny) If any of them has an opinion he doesn't agree with he get's so condescending and angry he comes across as a complete asshole child. Like with the ME2 debacle (even if he had some points) and when Vinny said negative things about the 3DS on one podcast...Brad acted like a complete douchebag. Vinny kept saying how it just didn't mesh with him or whatever in as nice a way as possible yet Brad couldn't let it go and kept talking to him in an angry tone like Vinny was an idiot. Can't say I'll miss him. And the only good thing about IGN is their forums. Good riddance.

kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By kpaadet

Can I jump on the "I hate Patrick" train, or is it full? Seriously he just sounds like he is trying to hard, and its annoying to listen to. Besides if the Bombcast should be a 5 man postcast (I dont think it should) Dave should've been the 5th guy.

EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

#99  Edited By EpicBenjamin

The Patrick Klepek (TM) is awesome.

Jerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Jerr

Oh dear! The holy trinity of supremity that is the Bombcast has been invaded by a fifth, slightly less goofy cast member! Let's all complain, even though we know in truth the Whiskey staff will do nothing to address our completely legitimate grievances! That was probably the most sarcastic post I've ever done! EDIT: That should have been "holy quartet", rather.