Too many voices

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I'm pro Patrick. He's a great video game journalist and he knows his stuff. 

Also you guys are hilarious. "ONE NEW GUY'S IN THE PODCAST, IT SUCKS NOW" Come on, really?

Megafaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By Megafaun

I just upgraded from silver to gold because I felt GiantBomb was complete with a proper journalist at the helm of the news section. Hes good in the news segments on the Bombcast, maybe a bit weird on the live videos.

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By jacksmedulla

@Rave said:

Man I think the Bombcast has only gotten better since adding Patrick. He really knows his shit as well I think he is a perfect addition
yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#104  Edited By yagami

What is this nonsense about B-Rad leaving? Giant Bomb is his home, and I think he really loves it here. I find it almost impossible for him to go off to IGN.

As for Patrick, he is there to do his job, and he does it well. If you don't like his personality it is your problem, not his. And if you have a problem with it, don't read/watch/hear things he's involved with.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By MrKlorox

Patrick wouldn't be so goddamn terrible if he wasn't constantly interrupting people to make a joke that's completely devoid of any humor. Somebody needs medicate that kid.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#106  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@smallmanoncampus said:

Oh I'm sorry. Is this FREE service not good enough for you? Go find somewhere else then.

I never got the "its free so you can't complain argument." It's his own time he's using listening to it and if he doesn't like it he has the right to complain.

That being said I don't agree with the OP. I think 5 people is fine (I listened to GFW Radio which varied from 4-6 people), and I like Patrick.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#107  Edited By Masha2932

Have you heard the E3 bombcasts? Now those are crowded. 

Just be happy it's not Leigh Alexander. She's a cool lady and all but she would never let anyone talk. 

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By TentPole

@smallmanoncampus: We pay their salary so screw off.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#109  Edited By jorbear

@elsuperdonut said:

I like Patrick a lot. He's funny and he's from my hometown. Go fuck yourself.

Word.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By sjupp

@jacksmedulla said:

@Rave said:

Man I think the Bombcast has only gotten better since adding Patrick. He really knows his shit as well I think he is a perfect addition
Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on Team Patrick. Have you seen him with his shirt off??
*swoon*

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#112  Edited By Dagbiker

@Masha2932 said:

Have you heard the E3 bombcasts? Now those are crowded. Just be happy it's not Leigh Alexander. She's a cool lady and all but she would never let anyone talk.

Those are the best. Its a shame she wasnt on last E3

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113  Edited By Arebuckle

@Norusdog said:

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

They are breaking him in for when Brad leaves to edit IGN in the new year, then you'll have your precious 4 man cast again.

glad to hear he's leaving. I started out liking Brad a lot. Then, as time went on, noticed his bitchy holier-than-thou attitude. Think it started with the goty podcast debates. And every so often he does it to any of them (mostly VInny) If any of them has an opinion he doesn't agree with he get's so condescending and angry he comes across as a complete asshole child. Like with the ME2 debacle (even if he had some points) and when Vinny said negative things about the 3DS on one podcast...Brad acted like a complete douchebag. Vinny kept saying how it just didn't mesh with him or whatever in as nice a way as possible yet Brad couldn't let it go and kept talking to him in an angry tone like Vinny was an idiot. Can't say I'll miss him. And the only good thing about IGN is their forums. Good riddance.

So. Who wants to break the news to him?

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#114  Edited By fobwashed

Why follow his twitter feed at all? Who cares if he's only into football because of his g/f. Even if that were the case, what's it matter to you that he posts about the game's he's watching or whatever? How does that effect the work he puts out? If my girlfriend were into something that I'm not, like say, comic books, and every week I read through them with her. I'd take enough interest that I'd prolly post updates on how stupid I think the new alternate reality universe is. And if some random person on the internet didn't like that I'm not really a fan of comics, but am still tweeting about it, I'd care zilch. I don't even know why I'm responding.

Also, more voices doesn't necessarily mean worse podcast. The E3 podcasts are some of the most entertaining I've listened to. I'll keep from ranting about a certain specific individual but even her inane drunk antics didn't keep me from enjoying them thoroughly. This seems like a thinly veiled attempt to heckle Patrick.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#115  Edited By dtat

@PulledaBrad: I agree 100%. Those are exactly the things that bother me about him, and it's why I'm not very into the new ER.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#116  Edited By dtat

@MrKlorox said:

Patrick wouldn't be so goddamn terrible if he wasn't constantly interrupting people to make a joke that's completely devoid of any humor. Somebody needs medicate that kid.

Yeah my main problem is that he just monopolizes the conversation. He really really tries too hard to act like the other bombcast dudes. He seems like the kind of guy that laughs too hard at people's jokes. (cause he totally does that on the podcast).

Edit: sorry for the double post. I've never really gotten the hang of editing in quotes to older pposts. It was just easier to make a new one.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Dagbiker

@Fobwashed said:

Why follow his twitter feed at all? Who cares if he's only into football because of his g/f. Even if that were the case, what's it matter to you that he posts about the game's he's watching or whatever? How does that effect the work he puts out? If my girlfriend were into something that I'm not, like say, comic books, and every week I read through them with her. I'd take enough interest that I'd prolly post updates on how stupid I think the new alternate reality universe is. And if some random person on the internet didn't like that I'm not really a fan of comics, but am still tweeting about it, I'd care zilch. I don't even know why I'm responding.

Also, more voices doesn't necessarily mean worse podcast. The E3 podcasts are some of the most entertaining I've listened to. I'll keep from ranting about a certain specific individual but even her inane drunk antics didn't keep me from enjoying them thoroughly. This seems like a thinly veiled attempt to heckle Patrick.

That sounds pretty defensive, are you Patrick Klepick?

Okari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Okari

If it wasn't for Patrick, they would just blow by the news segment.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By napalm
@TentPole said:

@smallmanoncampus: We pay their salary so screw off.

No, no you do not. 

Whiskey Media pays their salaries. 

Patrick, always an amazing and funny news guy proves to be a welcomed edition to the Giant Bombcast. It's nice to have a new voice, and one that contributes such an important amount to the website already.
TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By TentPole

I like Patrick but still think 5 is too many. I like the old rotation method.

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#121  Edited By pjacobson21

I honestly have been enjoying the recent bombcasts more than older ones.  Not only do I  think the fifth member adds, but Patrick is perfect as that fifth member.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Pinworm45

@smallmanoncampus said:

Oh I'm sorry. Is this FREE service not good enough for you? Go find somewhere else then.

Or he could raise his concerns so a service he enjoys stays enjoyable, which in turn results in GB making more money

Or you know, be irrational. Whatever.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#123  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Enough.

Regardless of your opinions of Patrick, he is part of the Giant Bomb staff and deserves your respect. Inane bitching is neither constructive nor supportive. You are entitled to complain about aspects of the site you don't like but you are not entitled to act like a twat.

Patrick is part of the Giant Bomb family.

No Caption Provided