Video Bombcast?

HashHeesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HashHeesh

I know right now it's not ideal for it but could we see a possible Video Bombcast?

It's very effective at engaging the viewer. If we get bored with your guys' talking we can just view the action. We can also passively see the pros and cons of a game through visual evidence.

See Kotaku's Video Podcast and you'll see that it's pretty neat. 
http://kotaku.com/5099509/kotaku-video-podcast-now-with-zombies

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By BlackWaterCO

That's kinda creepy

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Death_Burnout

Well i thought of a video bombcast, it could work, but not in standard podcast format, it could be live and they could talk and discuss like normal but perhaps in the e-mails section or throughout, people can send in questions (perhaps based on what they talked about prior to the section) just like they do with e-mails, but get immediate responses...oh nevermind, forget it, i love my regular Bombcasts too much. They do the job well enough, bar the "live" thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

A live show would be nice. Not saying every week but the odd time do a show where people can send in questions and get them answered live and stuff.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Lemegeton

im sure some sort of regular video show is planned but i would say the guys have so much other stuff to get right with the site and really establish themselves before we see anything on the video front

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By OmegaPirate

No way!!! the Burnout podcast was great until they started doing crash TV

And that was by far the bigrst pile of trash ever :( Bombcast is fine as it is¬!¬!!
Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Chummy8

While I love Giantbomb's videos, I don't think they need to change the bombcast as it is.  It ain't broke, why fix it?

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

the podcast is great, but they could also do a show and show gameplay there, maybe not evrey week like p4ddym said.

Avatar image for deactivated-6308c1821738f
deactivated-6308c1821738f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

It would be great to get a show maybe 2 times a month.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shadow

that one "building the bomb" thing where they taped part of the bombcast, added absolutely nothing to it.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By daniel_beck_90

that way it is not a Podcast anymore

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
daniel_beck_90 said:
"that way it is not a Podcast anymore"
Why would it not be a podcast? Podcasts can be video or audio.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Systech
p4ddym1607 said:
"A live show would be nice. Not saying every week but the odd time do a show where people can send in questions and get them answered live and stuff."
That sounds reasonable for them to do. I haven't really been craving a video Bombcast, but this could work.
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By weltal

No thanks. I mean, would it really be more interesting watching them sit and talk rather than just listening? Besides that it'd take more work for them to video record the podcast and edit and such which would delay the release further than it's already rather late tuesday release.

Now as p4ddym1607 said, a live show would be great. Something that's catering to the concept of a video show.

In any case I think it'll have to wait for a slower time, there are only four of 'em working on reviews, so it's probably a lot to ask for them to take time from the hectic release schedule as of late.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By TomA

Or have something like Scott and Randy do for The Instance podcast,have a chatroom and a video feed for live podcasting,it's really good.

Zimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zimmy

One problem with the kotaku video podcast was at times the discussion suffered because they were so engaged in the game. Watching people fight over health packs and other stuff gets tired pretty fast.
I think it would be a good idea every once in a while just to mix things up though...

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By StaticFalconar

The bombcast as it is, is just fine. It has low cost to GB while bringing great content to us. Adding video or whatever will just add the cost of having the Bombcast every week, with essentially the same material. Podcast are meant to to be listened to while you surf the web anyway.

jarryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jarryd

i think for a video show to be successful ,it has to be live as it is the user interaction that makes it truely special. I also think that for this to work it should be totally sperate to the bombcast and it should not be in anyway an audio podcast that gets filmed or something. Gamespots on the spot(before it went downhill etc etc) is a prime example of how a video show can be done well with live game demos and user interaction. Even if they just had a "what ive been playing section" in video form and instead of just describing the game, actually played it would be also pretty sweet

RoninKengo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RoninKengo

I'm sure it would be easy to pull off... but I'd still like to hear the audio bombcast... nice to take it with you on your ipod... you can do that with a video I guess, but it's not the same.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By get2sammyb
Lemegeton said:
"im sure some sort of regular video show is planned but i would say the guys have so much other stuff to get right with the site and really establish themselves before we see anything on the video front"
This. I'm pretty sure they have something in the pipeline for the future but it's gonna be a way off yet.

I'd like to see one or two more How To Build A Bomb office style videos though!
vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

I sure hope they don't. When it's audio you can do something else while you hear it (play videogames for instance), but when it's video, you have to watch the damn thing, and it's not always that's a good thing.

svcheats1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By svcheats1

I like the podcast fomat as it is. I can put it on my MP3 player and listen to it when I have to walk somewhere. A video podcast would be cool but what I'd really like to see is more VIDEO THINGS!!!! Or a weekly Luchadeer talk show. :D