#1 Posted by Javes (78 posts) -

With the discussion about the EVE online economy shenanigans on the recent bombcast I think it would make for a fun (premium?) video if Vinny and Dave played EVE and tried to take part in the craziness that is going on in that game.

#2 Posted by AuthenticM (3672 posts) -

I absolutely agree. This game seems right up Dave's alley. They need to do a series of video of them trying to play and understand this game. Like a six-parter or something.

#3 Posted by Cronus42 (270 posts) -

This would be a pretty great idea. I know there is a decently sized part of the GB community that are long time players. Rolling around getting into shenanigans with the two could be pretty hilarious.

#4 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

Endurance Run: EVE Online

#5 Posted by MikkaQ (10224 posts) -

That would be the craziest flight club choice they could make, probably.

I support this idea.

#6 Posted by A_Dog (742 posts) -

I think Dave's played it before, so he'd have some knowledge of how it works.

I'd love to see them do it.

#7 Posted by Bollard (5025 posts) -

Yesyesyesyesyesyes

#8 Posted by Akyho (1549 posts) -

Found this good video as a base on what the hell is happening in EVE.

#9 Posted by returnofjake (229 posts) -

A tour through Eve would be amazing. If they could get a long time player to guide them through the locations and stories, I would be eternally happy.

#10 Edited by Metal_Mills (2948 posts) -

It's super slow paced. They'd barely do anything.

#11 Posted by Warchief (646 posts) -

Trust me you only want ot hear stories of EVE online, you dont want to watch someone play it.

#12 Posted by Seastalk (123 posts) -

@Jimi said:

This

#13 Posted by Cronus42 (270 posts) -

@Metal_Mills said:

It's super slow paced. They'd barely do anything.

If they did nothing but play alone then yea, but there's plenty of longtime players on here that could fleet them up for some fun. Long as they are to the point of being able to fly around on their own with a frigate there's plenty of entertainment that can be found.

#14 Posted by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

@Jimi said:

Pretty much.

#15 Edited by M_Shini (548 posts) -

They'd have to set up some sort of thing with players in the game to keep the episodes interesting if it was just more than one, but i do agree they should do something to do with Eve Online at some point.

#16 Posted by NegativeCero (2925 posts) -

I've always heard how complicated the game was so I'd really like to see this.

#17 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Somebody needs to step up as a guide or else they just wont do it. If you play Eve, and you want them to make the feature PM them, and be professional, and have a prepared proposition.

#18 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

@Warchief said:

Trust me you only want ot hear stories of EVE online, you dont want to watch someone play it.

This, its about as fun to play as a stock trading sim, about half as logical.

#19 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (4852 posts) -

Isn't it a game where you have to put in so much time to get to the point where the crazy stuff happens?

#20 Posted by Ninja_Welshman (469 posts) -
@AuthenticM

I absolutely agree. This game seems right up Dave's alley. They need to do a series of video of them trying to play and understand this game. Like a six-parter or something.

Totally agree with this. As a lover of Frontier Elite 2 this game sounded right up my street but, man is this game complex!
#21 Posted by Wolfrum_920 (103 posts) -

Yes.....Just.......Yes!!!!!!

#22 Posted by Vexxan (4598 posts) -

This needs to happen!

#23 Posted by LTSmash (556 posts) -

You had me at "Vinny and Dave".

#24 Posted by Gaff (1492 posts) -

No, just no.

I really love what Vinny and Dave can do with even the most mundane of tasks, but seeing them mine asteroids for hours does not strike me as riveting video.

#25 Posted by Nentisys (881 posts) -

@Gaff said:

No, just no.

I really love what Vinny and Dave can do with even the most mundane of tasks, but seeing them mine asteroids for hours does not strike me as riveting video.

fuck you, eve players dont mine, they are all bots.

#26 Posted by zeekthegeek (374 posts) -

EVE is unbearably boring to both play and watch. I've tried to play multiple times but it just doesn't work out.