Vinny is a great host.

• 148 results
RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@gvalo: That's the original intro music back from 2008, still the best iteration of that song.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Vinny for host! Vinny for host!

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Vinny is a great <insert anything here>

puppy murderer.

prod88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

You didn't think Vinny owned it when he hosted the post-Ryan episode? :P

Avatar image for irishmarkerhead
Irishmarkerhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Vinny is not a great host. He's a fantastic host!

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Man, when the very first theme music kicked in I just couldn't stop smiling. Still the best there's been.

hidden81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By hidden81

I prefer Jeff's more relaxed hosting style but its nice to change things up once in a while I suppose.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

I like both styles tbh, the only downside for Vinny is he said the podcast was running long at 2:30:00! That's not long! still another hour to go Vinny!

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's add this to the list of things Vinny is great at. It's a pretty long list...

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love Vinny to become the perminant host, I think it suits Jeff better not having to drive things and improves the podcast as a whole. I mean, no one can replace Ryan, but I'd really like to hear a change up for a little bit.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By TooSweet

Finally finished listening on my commute this morning. It was so good. The addition of Patrick is something I wouldn't mind once in a while. I miss his input. At least have him come in for the occasional news. The sound quality was decent too on Patrick's end.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#113  Edited By sarahsdad

@jazgalaxy said:

I think Vinny tries to put on a show, which is appreciated. Whether it's the Bombcast or the Quicklooks, he's trying to entertain the audience where some of the other people are just talking and don't care if they're being boring. (Or don't even realize they're being boring.)

I'd say it's probably because Vinny is the guy who exports the final product, so he always has "this is content" in mind.

That really hits it on the head. When Jeff hosts, it feels like a bunch of guys sitting around talking, and there just happen to be some mics left on recording whatever happens. With Vinny it feels a lot more like an organized show. He lets them go off the rails a bit (Drew got to talk about dousing clams with everclear, after all), but ropes them back in. I like the structure he gave, that it feels like just isn't Jeff's style.

axlvandamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By axlvandamme

Make Vinny the permanent host. I know Jeff "outranks" him, but Vinny should take the helm from now on. Loved the sound effects.

Jellybones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Jellybones

Jeff definitely brings a more relaxed, matter-of-fact atmosphere to the podcast and live shows, but Vinny brings the enthusiasm and focus that Ryan (RIP) used to bring. It was probably my favorite Bombcast in a long time.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Agreed.

kablui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By kablui

Yes he is. Noticed that every single time he filled a moderating role around here

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just started listening to the podcast and Vinny is doing an awesome job. Better than Jeff, honestly. Not quite as good as Ryan was but then who is?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I think Vinny excelled as a host because it actually felt like he put more effort into it; given his background in editing, it only makes sense that's he more suited to at the very least piecing it all together. With Jeff as host, the bombcast began to feel even more slapdash than it usually did; there wasn't even a news segment theme or anything like that.

Vinny is of course just such an infectious sort of individual that's easy to like, so him as host and his particular brand of character and personality fits perfectly I think. There's always the possibility that having Vinny as host is made to be special, in-part, specifically because of how rare it is, but I remember thinking similarly to them getting Drew a lot more directly involved in video features and bombcasts, and if anything Drew has only proven to be even more interesting thanks to the increased exposure. I'd like to think with Vinny as host things would be a lot more... unpredictable, and there's an excitement to that.

michaelferrari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By michaelferrari

I loved the added elements we don't usually see. The background music was making me laugh so hard. Also, holy cow, Alexis should be on the podcast more! He was excellent.

But yeah, you can really see Vinny's video production skills carry over to the podcast in regards to audio production.

seanvail99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was an amazing episode. Vinny brings it as host. I feel like Jeff may be more comfortable jumping in and riffing while Vinny guides the ship.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

More Giant Vinnycast!

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Seedofpower

Yes, more Vinny Host.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redroach: it sounds like a bit of a remix to me. Vinny said on twitter that he didn't know which intro music to use so he "used them all"

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Vuud

Well why not just change the name of the fucking site to VBOMB.com?

#teamjeff

this is a joke post

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ian should host

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish Vinny would become the de facto host.

Not that I dislike Jeff, but I think he acts looser and is usually funnier when not having to perform hosting duties.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite podcast ever was Talkradar. It had amazing use of background music as well.

@Vinny - if you can hear my voice across time and space, keep it up. As I understand it, it's a fuckload of extra work, but you solely exist to please the GB community, right?

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Vinny was a great host, a real breath of fresh air. But I don't think that the amount of editing could be continued week after week. I hope that the best parts of Jeff's and Vinny's hosting culminate to a new golden age of Bombcasting.

KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 33

The only reason I can see for Vinny not to host every week is that he's got so much on his plate as it is being video producer. The only people he has to back him up on that are Drew, who is spending more time in front of the camera and on the podcast now (which I love), and Ian, who is clearly still trying to get the hang of things.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

duh, of course he is.

I really liked the Patrick Skype. Wish him and Alex would Skype in more often.

And Alexis was great too. He has an excellent podcast voice.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

He was a fantastic host on the Hotspot for half a year back before GB started. I always wondered why Ryan was doing it instead of him. Maybe now they'll start doing contests again?

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny is good.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadow said:

He was a fantastic host on the Hotspot for half a year back before GB started. I always wondered why Ryan was doing it instead of him. Maybe now they'll start doing contests again?

Well Ryan was here first and was a natural when it came to hosting.

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#135  Edited By Siphillis

I was honestly disappointed that Vinny didn't take over regular hosting duties. He's simply so much more sociable and lighthearted, whereas Jeff is at his best when he's not pretending to be either sociable or lighthearted. Vinny also seems to enjoy a good conversation the way Ryan did, whereas Jeff is almost always focused on making a point or asserting an (often strong) opinion.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Props to Vinny. That was an extremely fun edition of the BC.

htiawe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By htiawe

Jeff is so much more focused on "getting on with it" it seems, not focusing on the discussion but instead moving from point to point.

So what did you do this weekend, what did you play, news and emails. Vinny used the same formula but with Jeff its so much more stale.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By theveej

Is there a revolution on the horizon? Will Jeff regain his throne as host? Is Jeff secretly funneling money out of Giantbomb to bail out Rick "The Ricker" Peterson out of prison? Will VinCo complete its hostile takeover of CBSi? Will Vinny finish his vin-revolution? Whose side is drew really on? Will emaaaails be ever the same again? For answers to these questions and many more tune into the next installment of the GIANT BOMBCAST!!!!!

brought you buy squarespace , your all in one web solution thingy, thingy, with that responsive design thingy......SQUARSPACE!!!

Wilshere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing i didn't like was the news segment with Patrick. It was just reciting news headlines and not much else.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I absolutely loved it. He nailed it as good as anyone.

skelington_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By skelington_

Vinny came in, killed it, and dropped the mic. Now Jeff, the Old Bombardier on the block, sweat beading on his forehead and seeping through the static polyester of his red Adidas tracksuit, has to kneel down in front of a stunned crowd, pick up that spit-drenched mic, and rap like he's never rapped before. Will the old MC regain his crown? Or has V-Bomb taken the hood by storm?

FIND OUT ON THIS WEEK'S BOMBCAST

Aelric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Aelric

Vinny is a great fucking everything. It's hard for me to think of a guy that is so charismatic and technically skilled as him. Ryan had charisma and tightness, of the cuff appeal and was great, but Vinny is not just a jack of all trades, he is a master of at least most of them.

Shit, did that sound wrong? That was in no way meant to detract from Ryan's legacy, though. God, that still fucking bums me out. You know what I miss the most. Viney/Ryan repartee.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No discussion there.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like having this discussion on the GB forums is like discussing with your spouse which of your kids is your favorite while they're in the room.

Mostly I just want to see what a podcast would be like if Brad hosted. Has that ever happened?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

hippocrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Several people have pointed out that Jeff is more alive when he can riff. When he's not worried about steering he effing hilarious!! Vinny is more natural as host.

Also, Alexis is awesome and should be on more often. I wonder if a rotating 5th seat would be good?

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#147  Edited By Brenderous

@redroach: I thought it was some kinda mix of a bunch of versions of the intro theme.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the variety. If they wanted to just go around the rotation of everyone and have each host a single week that would be fun. :)

Drew for guest host next time!