Vinny On Game of the Year Bombcasts?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Do we have any idea if this is or isn't gonna happen? It seems likely, since they had Alex call-in from New York for every episode last year, but I haven't heard anything concrete, and I'd be super bummed if he weren't included.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pyrodactyl

There's already a topic on the subject of who's going to be on the podcast. And no, they probably won't do the whole thing through skype, maybe the GoTY, if that. And no, I don't think Vinny can make it to SF with his weird housing situation, setting up yet another office and taking care of 2 kids in new york.

Doesn't seem like he even has enough time to play games these days, which is a bummer.

tanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By tanked

@pyrodactyl: Can you link me to it? I tried searching, but I wasn't able to find anything.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanked: http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/who-will-take-part-in-game-of-the-year-podcasts-1498835/#81

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Giantbomb, but the GOTY podcast is always a joke. Not everyone plays everything, and more often than not, people are not just arguing their points, but having to educate others on what is even included in the game. I love their conversations,and I adore the entertainment, but that's all this really is, just more of the same with a plot twist.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Mcfart

@vegetashonor said:

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Giantbomb, but the GOTY podcast is always a joke. Not everyone plays everything, and more often than not, people are not just arguing their points, but having to educate others on what is even included in the game. I love their conversations,and I adore the entertainment, but that's all this really is, just more of the same with a plot twist.

This. The guys would have to play A LOT of videogames in their spare time to be knowledgeable aboot everything, and while they try, I doubt they would enjoy spending both their work and free time just playing videogames.

So yes they will all have some holes in games they played, and that will never change. Once again Brad will not be able to contribute anything Assassin's Creed related :)

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

@vegetashonor:

I agree with you to an extent becasue last year was abysmal. Other than PK and Alex no one played anything. Now this year they have all played a lot and finished a lot(mostly mainstream) but i fear a lot of the discussion will sound really familiar. I actually could do without any form of best of blah blah blah and just go with their personal list. That will at least keep the show upbeat and positive as opposed to the negativity that surrounded last years show. Its been another great year and those who built these experiences for us to enjoy should be applauded not ridiculed. Its an old act that needs to die quickly.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bybeach

I do not have any horses in this years race. I am interested in the GOTY discussion pretty casually. But I would of loved Vinny's take just to hear it. And really the same with everyone who are outliers from the main office crew. But I'm sure we will get a top ten from all of them, and the Sites friends. That I do have positive interest in. Sometimes jags my memory and positively pushes me towards something I have forgotten/should consider. Except for perhaps Worst Game of the Year, announced by Jeff, this is what I am most interested in.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mcfart

@me3639 said:

@vegetashonor:

I agree with you to an extent becasue last year was abysmal. Other than PK and Alex no one played anything. Now this year they have all played a lot and finished a lot(mostly mainstream) but i fear a lot of the discussion will sound really familiar. I actually could do without any form of best of blah blah blah and just go with their personal list. That will at least keep the show upbeat and positive as opposed to the negativity that surrounded last years show. Its been another great year and those who built these experiences for us to enjoy should be applauded not ridiculed. Its an old act that needs to die quickly.

Agreed. We don't need their deliberations on the podcast. THey can decide that behind closed doors and focus the podcast (if they do one) on individual lists.........but I'd prefer videos for that stuff anyhow.

The last time I cared about GB's GOTY podcast was when it was Arkham Asylum vs Uncharted.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By csl316

Honestly, with Vinny's move and life changes and packed up systems, I don't feel like he's played all that much this year.

We'll see.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I miss Vinny. I'll take him however I can get him. I really hope he is on at least the final podcast.

Bez__o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bez__o

Respect the sentiment general sentiment of this thread that the GOTY discussions are not very good, I personally disagree. I've always really enjoyed hearing their deliberations, Giant Bomb always try to be as transparent as possible with what they're doing and listening to those deliberations is always a great insight into how it is they got the list we see.

Avatar image for anonymous_jesse
Anonymous_Jesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love all the deliberations and find it much more interesting than some arbiatry list. I don't care where any of the games rank as it's all arbitrary anyway but I love that the discussion is incredibly in-depth, full of spoilers discussing the meat of the game and I find it pretty insightful.

Oh and I would like to see more of Vinny period. Get him on some podcast thingy.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By l4wd0g

@bez__o: They are my favorite thing the crew does by far. It's the best way to end/begin the year.

Avatar image for themagnificentr
themagnificentr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ol' Vinny Two Pens will be back. You'll see. You'll all see.

Avatar image for anonymous_jesse
Anonymous_Jesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also miss vinny. What does he think about games and New York?

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#17 FinalDasa  Moderator

Since someone has already point out we have a similar thread wondering who will be on the GOTY year podcasts here, I'm going to lock this one down. Keep the discussion just to that thread please.