• 57 results
#1 Posted by Kraznor (1578 posts) -

So, the last email of 2012 laid down a choice. Would you rather be a werewolf in the old-school vein, meaning you lose control of yourself a couple days every month and are vulnerable to silver, or would you be a ghost that cannot interact with the physical world but you live FOREVER!?!

I'm with Brad on this one, I'd like to see the passage of history over the millennia, even to the point where Ryan backed out, floating through space forever. Witnessing the birth and death of stars, floating through space, finding other planets with stuff to haunt. Would be awesome.

What say you, where do you land on this important binary choice?

#2 Posted by mandude (2667 posts) -

As a ghost, can I only observe? Like, am I absolutely alone in that no one will ever be able to contact me?

#3 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

I'll roll the dice on ghost party

#4 Posted by myketuna (1644 posts) -

I would probably choose ghost because, like Brad, I want to see how humanity goes along. Only question I have is does being a ghost allow me to break the laws of physics and such? This way once the world ends, I can go out in search of other lifeforms and (hopefully) travel faster than the speed of light/bend space-time to get to them. I'd be cool with that. In fact, I secretly wish this is what the afterlife is like, should there be one.

#5 Posted by Bocam (3665 posts) -

I wanna have a space ghost orgy

#6 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

Werewolf because ghost orgies can't be fun for eternity.

#7 Posted by Wraith1 (554 posts) -

haven't listened to the bombcast yet, but I'll probably go with ghost. As a ghost will I be able to talk to other ghosts?

#8 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

@mandude said:

As a ghost, can I only observe? Like, am I absolutely alone in that no one will ever be able to contact me?

I'm sure you could befriend other ghosts and do cool ghost stuff together.

#9 Posted by BaconGames (3280 posts) -

Assuming travel is a non-issue and I can communicate with humans, goddamn would I be a ghost. Think about it, you can go to parts of the world a human body is incapable to going or staying for very long. You can see for yourself the crags of Everest, stand in the middle of Pripyat and Chernobyl, the hottest deserts, and the coldest places on Earth. You can go to the ISS, fly around the planet from above, go to the moon, the planets, its moons, the sun. If you can get everyone to be cool about it, I would totally help out with science experiments where observations are hard for humans due to harsh conditions and stuff like that. NASA could always use a pair of ghost eyes for stuff, although the more you take on, those social ties can be a burden, especially if you fuck up.

The only real downside is bullshit New Age/religious people and governments that want you to do espionage work for them and use your morals to convince you to do it, like kill your existing family or some shit like that. Also if you do go public and your social ties are unable to be broken to allow you to do some of the cool stuff I mentioned.

A good compromise might be to get that cool shit out of the way first and then when you're bored with the solar system and Earth, you can straight up announce yourself and get to work.

#10 Posted by Blackout62 (1324 posts) -

The ghostest with the mostest.

#11 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1169 posts) -

Lycan me up!

#12 Posted by Simulacrum (462 posts) -

Ghosts can't eat.

#13 Posted by Bishna (334 posts) -
@PlasmaBeam44

@mandude said:

I'm pretty sure that it was said that you would be able to communicate with people, you just couldn't physically interact with anything.

I would be a ghost. Partially because I want to live forever and see the future. Also partially because I am reasonably confident that I could trick a large enough group of people into thinking I was a god and that they needed to make me their ghost king.
#14 Posted by wumbo3000 (929 posts) -

@Simulacrum said:

Ghosts can't eat.

DAMMIT YOU BEAT ME TO IT

#15 Posted by EquitasInvictus (1932 posts) -

@wumbo3000 said:

@Simulacrum said:

Ghosts can't eat.

DAMMIT YOU BEAT ME TO IT

ghosts cant die

#16 Posted by HistoryInRust (6267 posts) -

Jeff's perspective on the eternal ghost-life was nearly enough to woo me to that side of the fence.

#17 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Nobody would enjoy living forever.

#18 Posted by mandude (2667 posts) -

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@mandude said:

Count me in. Anyone wanna go to the ghost pub and have a few ghost drinks?

#19 Edited by Hobbes2 (31 posts) -
#20 Posted by DeathByWaffle (628 posts) -

If there are other Ghost people that I can talk to, that makes that option way more appealing. If it is an eternal solitary existence, I'd have to go with werewolf.

#21 Posted by Levio (1782 posts) -

Well I guess being a ghost is the only way to see whats at the center of a blackhole, so that's tempting.

Question: Can ghosts interact with other ghosts?

#22 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

No matter what it is, if it lasts forever, it would be eventually be terrible forever.

That's easy.

#23 Edited by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

Would I be able to interact with other ghosts who made the same choice as me? That might be kind of cool. If not either choice sounds pretty miserable. Werewolf I'd be force to isolate myself for fear of hurting someone I care about or being killed by someone with silver. Ghost I'd have minimal contact with the world until eventually there's just nothing left and I'm isolated forever. If I can't interact with other ghosts then I choose werewolf. At least there's an end to that eventually. If I can chat up other ghosts then I choose ghost.

#24 Posted by Rafaelfc (1311 posts) -

@Kraznor said:

finding other planets with stuff to haunt. Would be awesome.

Alien ghosts?!?!!?

In the words of Keanu Reeves: Woah

#25 Posted by GaspoweR (2737 posts) -

BTW, it would have been better if this was a poll.

HOW BOUT GHOSTLY WEREWOLVES???? RIGHT, GUYS?????

#26 Posted by uniform (1832 posts) -

Both options are pretty damn terrible. I'd go with Werewolf, even considering how painful the transformation looks. I suppose you'd just get used to it.

#27 Posted by Demoskinos (14510 posts) -

@Bocam said:

I wanna have a space ghost orgy

/thread

#28 Edited by avantegardener (1107 posts) -

Jeff is not a friendly ghost.

#29 Posted by TobbRobb (4549 posts) -

Both are pretty miserable, but I don't like life enough to have it forever, so Werewolf. Still, being a werewolf seems pretty damn shitty in every way, so I might just blow my brains out instead.

#30 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Werewolf. Not even a choice.

#31 Posted by Rafaelfc (1311 posts) -

@TobbRobb said:

Both are pretty miserable, but I don't like life enough to have it forever, so Werewolf. Still, being a werewolf seems pretty damn shitty in every way, so I might just blow my brains out instead.

But ghosts are not living! you'd have eternal death.

Ghosts can't eat

#32 Posted by SeanFoster (854 posts) -

im a ghost

#33 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

I'm Ghost Dad.

#34 Edited by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Werewolf- it's the safe bet. The ghost angle has the potential to swing to either extreme, but for the most part, werewolfs could get their shit together and live a relatively normal life. It's more predictable and controllable.

Also, why is this not a poll?

#35 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2205 posts) -

I pick ghost as there will be plenty of other ghosts out there to hang out with. Also I can still watch things like TV but somebody else would already have to be watching it.

#36 Posted by Jeust (10448 posts) -

This question made me think about 

Starcraft Ghost 

I would prefer be this a million times. Cool! 

But about the two choices, neither. Being a werewolf would be a pain in the ass, and being a ghost that can interact with nothing would be painfully dull in no time, and living forever would just become a living grave.
#37 Posted by RenMcKormack (1071 posts) -

NO QUESTIONS ASKED

Ghost

1 can fly

2 invisible/flying

3 can possess Whoopi Goldberg and Make out with Demi Moore

#38 Posted by believer258 (11555 posts) -

@mandude said:

They said you can't interact with physical objects but you can communicate with and haunt people.

On topic... NEITHER! OK, let's clarify this a bit. I don't have any interest in hurting anybody, and if I were to uncontrollably kill people a few times a month and know about it I would probably spiral into a lifelong spell of crippling depression or pure madness. If, say, I could guarantee that I would be safely locked away anytime I needed to be, then maybe that.

But I don't know if that would be a worse fate than being a ghost. At least it would end. Oh, certainly I would be a more Casper-like ghost and befriend people, be able to watch movies and interact with them, etc., but look at it this way - at some point there will only be space. At some point all of the stars will blink out and all of the masses of the universe will just be rocks - and there will only be you. Unless there are other ghosts, but will every human become a ghost? And how will I locate these other ghosts in the vast emptiness of space? Like Brad, I'm fascinated in where humanity will be a hundred, two hundred, three hundred years from now, but I am not so fascinated as to wish a literal eternity like that on myself.

In conclusion, I would probably pick werewolf but I don't pick that choice lightly. I only pick it because there's potentially a way to keep myself from hurting anyone.

#39 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Forever is too long.

Werewolf please.

AWOOOOOOOO

#40 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Living forever would be dope but being incorporeal is a deal breaker.

Sign me up for lycanthropy.

#41 Posted by musclerider (587 posts) -

If I became a ghost would there be humans who tried to bust me?

#42 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10332 posts) -

GHOST

#43 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -
Cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut. 
#44 Posted by PrimalHorse (71 posts) -

According to casper lore you can't just float around and be space ghost, sorry to be a party pooper but you gotta have unfinished business and you're pretty much confined to your 'haunt' Also you get to dance on halloween.

#45 Posted by MocBucket62 (1131 posts) -

I'd rather be a ghost. I'd like to observe how the world is.

#46 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@PrimalHorse said:

According to casper lore you can't just float around and be space ghost, sorry to be a party pooper but you gotta have unfinished business and you're pretty much confined to your 'haunt' Also you get to dance on halloween.

It's fair to assume in this hypothetical situation that you're presumably cursed by a wizard or some shit.

#47 Posted by Benny (1947 posts) -

How do you not make this a poll, fuck me.

Werewolf.

#48 Posted by Abendlaender (2730 posts) -

So, as a ghost, could I just fly off to space and explore that? Cause if that's the case I'm fucking sold

#49 Posted by JackSukeru (5897 posts) -

Unless I could float faster than the speed of light I doubt I'd ever even reach other planets once this one is gone, and finding one that was inhabited would take an eternity anyway.

Being a werewolf sounds ok, you could be all tourtured and shit, I hear chicks are into that.

#50 Posted by Sless (64 posts) -

I am definitely into the space ghost stuff. I've thought about how it's kind of a bummer that I have such a small (and invested) window of time to view the world. I'd like to be able to chill and just view how things play out.