#1 Posted by Harkat (1100 posts) -

Hello guys,

I started listening to the Bombcast with the 2010 GOTY podcasts, and have been an avid fan ever since. I need some podcasts for the upcoming few days, can anyone tell me some classics to listen to? I have listened to old episodes here and there, but I'm sure I have missed many great ones.

Above all, am I looking for interesting discussions about games that have come out at the time of the discussion. Future predictions and talk about old news is not quite as entertaining.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

#2 Posted by Village_Guy (2497 posts) -

Oh man, I wouldn't be able to tell you which exactly to listen to, but I would say some of the older ones from 2008 are great with the drink tests (and the lovely Djunglevrål) also Nintendo Downloads are most of the time hilarious.

So my advice would be some of the older ones, I'm sorry but I can't remember any specific ones...

#3 Posted by ajamafalous (11854 posts) -

Drewcast. 

Believe it's like 4-29-09 or something. Description is something like a vs b vs c vs d vs e, etc.

#4 Posted by mosespippy (4036 posts) -

E3 podcasts are great. I bet the stuff a week before E3 is also great due to predictions. The one from the day they launched the site is pretty good. The California Extreme ones are great, especially this years. I also really like the old ones where they would taste test energy drinks. All the NDX ones as well.

#5 Posted by Th3_James (2576 posts) -

Start at the Arrow Pointing Down, Tiger branded Gatorade talk had never been so good.

#6 Posted by elcalavera (341 posts) -

Can't what remember which number it is, but the one where they lose an entire Bombcast due to a power outage but record another one straight away. That one is the fucking best. Everything said above also answers your question.

#7 Posted by Harkat (1100 posts) -

@elcalavera said:

Can't what remember which number it is, but the one where they lose an entire Bombcast due to a power outage but record another one straight away. That one is the fucking best. Everything said above also answers your question.

Dude, someone has to tell me which one that is. That sounds amazing.

#8 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Jeff green's appearances are alway great

#9 Posted by elcalavera (341 posts) -

@Harkat: After a quick check at the iTunes descriptions, it seems to be the Bombcast of 9th December 2008

#10 Posted by JasonR86 (9609 posts) -

@Harkat:

Listen to the first episode all the way through and then just listen to the 'best of the bombcast' on youtube.

#11 Posted by unordinarily (100 posts) -
#12 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Arrow Pointing Down Cast is the only place to start.

#13 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

THe very first PAX bomcast from 2008 is fantastic, the opening still makes me laugh to this day. " HEY! WHAT THE FUCK DO YU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!"

#14 Posted by Harkat (1100 posts) -

To those recommending 2011 podcasts, I reiterate: I have l listened to everything since the 2011 GOTY podcasts.

#15 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

If you can listen to more than one podcast a week - listen to all of them. Eventually you'll have caught up, it'll last you ages, and you'll get all the jokes. I'm currently going back and listening to everything again for the second time!

#16 Posted by LinusPauling (62 posts) -

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that the E3 bombcasts of 2010 were among my favorites. If those are the ones with the <>, 775 million, etc. I listened to them on a drive from LA to Norcal and laughed my ass off the entire way. But again, not 100% as to the year. I think it was the first year they rented the house in LA.

#17 Posted by Kaineda77 (129 posts) -

This Nintendownloadexpress featuring the Ricker ( you know, the world's foremost authority and record holder in multiple open-wheel racing disciplines!) was really entertaining.

#18 Posted by mnzy (2911 posts) -

@Harkat said:

To those recommending 2011 podcasts, I reiterate: I have l listened to everything since the 2011 GOTY podcasts.

Hello future man, was the winner Uncharted 3?

#19 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

I'm more amazed by that waffle...

#20 Posted by Jonnyflash80 (490 posts) -

Listen to them all!

#21 Posted by Harkat (1100 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

Drewcast. Believe it's like 4-29-09 or something. Description is something like a vs b vs c vs d vs e, etc.

Thank you! I'm listening to it now, it's brilliant. Dinosaur-moon-discussion.

#22 Posted by Positrark (316 posts) -

Can't really remember how good the rest is, but the opening to this always makes me laugh.

#23 Posted by TeamJersey (339 posts) -

@mnzy: LOL. I just spewed beverage on my computer screen.

#24 Posted by Grimmy616 (397 posts) -

Sidetracking here sorta but I just started listening to the 2008 E3 Bombcasts cause I realized I never heard them. They were talking about seeing Rage and all this stuff. Talking about Episode 3 not ironically. Kinda meh on Fallout 3. HOW THE WORLD HAS CHANGED.

#25 Posted by coribald (310 posts) -
#26 Posted by Vitor (2810 posts) -

@Harkat said:

The man knows the future! Pray tell, is the final debate a repeat of the Uncharted/Batman face off of 2009? Is Skyrim as awesome as Patrick hopes? Does Jeff give personal GOTY to TrackMania: Canyon? These questions must be answered!

#27 Posted by n11n12 (101 posts) -

My favorite is from 12-09-08. Still the only one that made me almost injure myself from laughing too hard.

#28 Posted by bennym6 (415 posts) -

I started 2008 goty and have listened ever since just start from the first one and just keep listening. There is never a bad time to listen but while exercising is good

#29 Posted by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

I re-listen to the entire catalogue roughly once a year. Out of 200+ here are the favourites I've 4 & 5 starred in my iTunes. I might come back and link them up to the pages when I get a spare minute.

• 08-03-11
  • 08-04-29
  • 08-07-22
  • 08-08-31
  • 08-10-12
  • 08-11-05
  • 08-11-19
  • 09-02-10
  • 09-03-24
  • 09-05-26
  • 09-06-25
  • 09-07-14
  • 10-01-26
  • 10-02-02
  • 10-05-11
  • 10-06-17
  • 10-08-03
  • 10-08-17
  • 10-11-30
  • 10-12-14
  • 11-05-03
  • 11-06-09
#30 Posted by ch3burashka (5012 posts) -

ALL OF THEM. I'm sure that you, as an average human being, have some sort of hours-long chore at least once a week. Start listening with numba 1 and catch up. Every single episode has something worth listening to.

This is one of my complaints about most podcasts today - they've abandoned numbering, making it impossible to remember any particular episode. It sucks, because sometimes I want to listen to that 5 minute segment in the middle of the show, but I don't know which one it is.

#31 Posted by ArchV1le (232 posts) -

11-24-09 Toothpaste-filled turkey discussion wins all the awards

#32 Posted by vonFlampanker (327 posts) -

@Kaineda77 said:

This Nintendownloadexpress featuring the Ricker ( you know, the world's foremost authority and record holder in multiple open-wheel racing disciplines!) was really entertaining.

God damn I am still not sure if i want more of the Ricker or if I want that to be a one-off to preserve how goddamn funny it was.

I think the Bombcast does a really good job of moving on from stuff that's funny, so as not to run great bits into the ground.

#33 Posted by Bov11 (72 posts) -

Try any of the all-emails editions right around Christmas-time. Hilarious, and they stay relevant.