#1 Posted by snarekick (92 posts) -

I think it would be neat if the guys did a short spoiler podcast once in awhile featuring a specific game.

It could be along the lines of a quicklook, just two, or maybe 3 guys talking about a game they had all beat and being able to talk directly about plots and twists.

They don't seem to have an outlet for that info on the site and it would be neat to hear them talk in specifics rather than vaguely describing things

What do you think?

#2 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2178 posts) -

They have done a few in the past, but I would like it to happen more frequently.

#3 Posted by cutyoface (539 posts) -

This has been done before but I hope they do it again with The Walking Dead.

#4 Posted by adam1808 (1355 posts) -

As long as the game deserves it. We don't need another Spore-cast.

#5 Posted by Zaccheus (1784 posts) -

Spoilercasts are great, I hope they could make more of them.

#6 Posted by AndrewB (7438 posts) -

@adam1808 said:

As long as the game deserves it. We don't need another Spore-cast.

Good or mediocre, it's still fun hearing about a game in a more in-depth way. I know it didn't com close to living up to expectations, but I still personally loved Spore.

#7 Posted by probablytuna (3523 posts) -

They should do one for The Walking Dead after Jeff has finished it.

#8 Posted by buft (3300 posts) -

The gameof the year stuff is very much a spoiler cast.

#9 Posted by Icemo (640 posts) -

They did talk about The Walking Dead spoilercast in one of the bombcasts, so I think they will do it. Just wait couple of weeks.

#10 Posted by ajkent (35 posts) -

I love listening to their thoughts on major story points. I'd take more, but I can't imagine they would do one around GOTY podcasts. Too much time in one small room.

#11 Posted by glyn (382 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 video spoiler cast

#12 Posted by Drebin_893 (2891 posts) -

They used to be the best things, the MGS4 Spoilercast is still one of my favourites to go back to.

#13 Edited by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

They need to do one for The Walking Dead. I really want to hear their opinions of the ending.

#14 Posted by megatronicles (50 posts) -

They really need to do one for the walking dead if they're going to keep talking about it. I've not played it myself but its kind of annoying when all they can say is "that bit where that thing happens".

#15 Posted by StarvingGamer (7906 posts) -

@Icemo: I'm pretty sure they said that part of their GotY discussions are going to essentially end up being the Walking Dead spoilercast.

#16 Posted by alternate (2679 posts) -

GOTY serves as a general spoiler cast. TWD bound to be discussed and spoilt within this years.

#17 Posted by Butler (384 posts) -

As long as everyone on the cast has played the game in question I would love for them to talk about spoilers much more frequently. I feel if they waited to discuss it because the game was new and they didn't want to spoil it for the audience listening to it, I would have qualms with that.

#18 Posted by EXTomar (4444 posts) -

I generally don't think "spoilercasts" are necessary for a show like Bombcast. If they want to discuss it with spoilers during an episode they should do it right then instead of breaking it out into another recording.

#19 Posted by TooWalrus (13127 posts) -
@EXTomar said:

I generally don't think "spoilercasts" are necessary for a show like Bombcast. If they want to discuss it with spoilers during an episode they should do it right then instead of breaking it out into another recording.

See, I disagree. I didn't get a chance to play MGS4 until just last year, and going back to the MGS4 spoilercast was awesome- it would have been a bummer if I had to dig through random podcasts from around that time and skip to the middle to hear that stuff. I also hate it when podcasts do that bullshit "If you don't want this spoiled, skip ahead like 15 minutes" thing.
#20 Posted by EXTomar (4444 posts) -

But I don't believe they should feel compelled to restrict what they say either. If you are talking about more "structured" podcast then doing a separate podcast makes sense but the way Bombcast works is very much "guys shooting the breeze about what they play". If they want to talk about a spoiler aspect of the game then they should or that part of the segment becomes stilted.

This also means that they are free to talk about it in spoiler free terms too. If they had a separate "spoilercast" then discussion might be entirely muted and saved for that which I am not sure is good for the Bombcast.

#21 Posted by cthomer5000 (733 posts) -

@alternate said:

GOTY serves as a general spoiler cast. TWD bound to be discussed and spoilt within this years.

Not really though. They tend to dance around things, then only get specific when pressed. I would enjoy a more flat-out "there be spoilers here" type advance notice, so they can just relax and get down to discussing how they feel about a game. For such a personality-driven site, i'm surprised they've let this feature die.

If they do them as seperate podcasts they are easy to skip or to come back to as well, which is useful. I have even listened to a few of the in-depth spoiler/specific-casts for games i haven't even played in the past and enjoyed them. Sometimes if you know you have no interest in a game you actually welcome an in-depth discussion of it.

#22 Posted by CatsAkimbo (600 posts) -

@cthomer5000 said:

@alternate said:

Not really though. They tend to dance around things, then only get specific when pressed. I would enjoy a more flat-out "there be spoilers here" type advance notice, so they can just relax and get down to discussing how they feel about a game. For such a personality-driven site, i'm surprised they've let this feature die.

If they do them as seperate podcasts they are easy to skip or to come back to as well, which is useful. I have even listened to a few of the in-depth spoiler/specific-casts for games i haven't even played in the past and enjoyed them. Sometimes if you know you have no interest in a game you actually welcome an in-depth discussion of it.

Not to mention it's only once a year. A Mass Effect 3 spoilercast would've been awesome a month or two after it was out, but now it's been so long that I don't really care.

#23 Posted by Encephalon (1238 posts) -

Spoilercasts are cool. I wouldn't mind more candid discussions of game stories on the regular cast though.

I find that games with stories I care about, I buy them week one and blow through them, so I'm rarely in danger of getting spoiled. And with games I know I'll never play, I'd like to hear about purely for entertainment value. For instance, I will never play Spec Ops: The Line, and I'd love to hear Jeff break down exactly how nutso that game gets.

#24 Posted by cooljammer00 (1492 posts) -

It's just rarer and rarer these days for them to have time to have all of them play a game and then do a special podcast about the game when it is new and fresh.

#25 Posted by Korolev (1694 posts) -

I would love more spoiler casts. But the reason why there aren't that many is due to the fact that it is rare for them to all play a game to completion at the same time. It would only work if 3+ of the bombcast played it and finished it within the same time for it to be relevant.

#26 Posted by NoelVeiga (1063 posts) -

I think we're all way too scared of spoilers, to the industry's detriment. It's rarely that big of a deal and it prevents mature, interesting discussions about story-driven games from happening. I agree, more spoilercasts, even if one of the participants is in fact getting spoiled himself, or just more "spoiler warning" gaps in regular bombcasts would be great. 999, Mass Effect 3, TWD, Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2... a bunch of games they discussed this year and last year would have benefited from this.

#27 Posted by Abendlaender (2733 posts) -

I'd love to hear more spoilercasts

#28 Posted by Slab64 (1045 posts) -

@NoelVeiga said:

I think we're all way too scared of spoilers

QFT

#29 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

@NoelVeiga said:

I think we're all way too scared of spoilers, to the industry's detriment. It's rarely that big of a deal and it prevents mature, interesting discussions about story-driven games from happening. I agree, more spoilercasts, even if one of the participants is in fact getting spoiled himself, or just more "spoiler warning" gaps in regular bombcasts would be great. 999, Mass Effect 3, TWD, Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2... a bunch of games they discussed this year and last year would have benefited from this.

@Oscar__Explosion said:

They have done a few in the past, but I would like it to happen more frequently.

These two things are probably true. That said, I'm furious at Ubisoft for showing the two best scenes of Far Cry 3 at two separate E3 press conferences when nothing in the game was even close to as good.

#30 Posted by NoelVeiga (1063 posts) -

@Little_Socrates: I think there's a difference between putting too much into the marketing of a game that isn't out yet and being afraid to talk about a game that is out for the sake of the people who haven't played it (or finished it) yet.