#1 Posted by qnnplmr (3 posts) -

I just signed up and went to the premium content, and it looks like they're the same as the normal bombcast eps. Is there something different there?

#2 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6999 posts) -

no ads on premium version

#3 Posted by Slay3r1583 (632 posts) -

They've done a few episodes recently with ads. The Premium version have no ads.

#4 Posted by StrainedEyes (1328 posts) -

For reference, the ads are read by the crew and usually enjoyable enough to listen to.

#5 Posted by deadeyes (71 posts) -

Best just stick with the normal Bombcasts. The ads are actually kinda funny.

#6 Posted by Killercombo (234 posts) -

I agree the ads are better, I think this was the last week for a little bit, I think they are going to see how it goes before doing more: I am sure they discussed it on the cast.

#7 Edited by Kerned (1170 posts) -

The premium version lacks ads, which are actually entertaining and worth listening to.

#8 Posted by RobotSquad (217 posts) -

You don't get the great ads with the Premium one.

#9 Posted by Trilogy (2683 posts) -

Bombcast Premium is made with a secret blend of 11 herbs and spices.

Bombcast Regular is rADical.

#10 Posted by ShaggE (6636 posts) -

Premium is all Vinny talking to himself while wearing different hats, but only long-time members can access it.

#11 Posted by KoolAid (1008 posts) -

The fact that the ads are so entertaining makes them a lot more effective IMO. I'm actually in the market for a website, so might as well try out square space. Though if it becomes like netflix and Rev3, like how many times can you hear that ad? I hope they mix it up some.

#12 Posted by isomeri (1388 posts) -

I had no idea that I could sign up for a "premium podcast". As far as I'm concerned the ads are usually funny enough, at least for now.

#13 Edited by iAmJohn (6134 posts) -
@shagge said:

Premium is all Vinny talking to himself while wearing different hats, but only long-time members can access it.

Holy fuck I would listen to every episode of that podcast if it existed.

#14 Posted by Dalai (7057 posts) -

I think Giant Bomb should reconsider reversing the podcasts making the ads a premium feature.

#15 Posted by hippocrit (252 posts) -

@shagge said:

I would happily pay for this.

#16 Posted by RockyKev (9 posts) -

I noticed the Bombcast Premium is a bit longer by 2 minutes- so it's not just them removing the ads. Is there more to this?

#17 Edited by ikilledthedj (331 posts) -

@rockykev: Its them removing ads, sometimes they get a little silly and talk about what ever the product is for a bit. Like small business man so they can be a little longer sometimes

#18 Posted by Baillie (4279 posts) -

@ikilledthedj: He's saying the Premium one is longer though, not the other way around.

#19 Posted by ikilledthedj (331 posts) -

@baillie: ohhhhhhh i see. hmmm never noticed

#20 Edited by Liquidsolidus (67 posts) -

Is there any way to get the premium feed on itunes?

#21 Posted by LTSmash (648 posts) -

People who only listened to the Premium podcast don't know who Small Businessman is, and that's a crime.

#22 Posted by Hunter5024 (5909 posts) -

@rockykev said:

I noticed the Bombcast Premium is a bit longer by 2 minutes- so it's not just them removing the ads. Is there more to this?

I think you mixed them up by accident, because I just checked the last month, and the premium version is always shorter.

#23 Posted by Hunkulese (2840 posts) -

I'm so confused. Aren't people supposed to just automatically hate all ads?

#24 Edited by cooljammer00 (2012 posts) -

I'm so confused. Aren't people supposed to just automatically hate all ads?

You'd think so, right?

#25 Posted by Jesus_Phish (1087 posts) -

@hunkulese: Apparently the guys are masters of advertising.

#26 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2971 posts) -

Bombcast is made in a bathtub with a dingy ring around it, but Premium Bombcast is aged in oak barrels for at least three years.