Whats the issue with finding XBLA games?

insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By insanejedi

Has the Giant Bomb members never went to the MS website?This isn't rocket science people. I can clearly see what came out and what is comming out in the future.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By shaunk

Oh cool, how can I access that site from my 360? That would be helpful.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I think you proved there point by suggesting the best way to download a game on 360 is to go to a external website.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

Most people don't visit that. Most people just turn on their Xboxes and start playing. Arcade games are fairly hidden. They aren't well advertised on the Xbox, so these small-time developers who need more money than the big time developers aren't getting the advertising space that they should have. People don't know about those games, people don't buy them, and that whole thing just swirls down the drain.

Even if you do keep up with the gaming community, getting to the XBLA now requires more clicks than ever and it's not completely clear how to get there if you aren't familiar with it. Anyone with half a brain can figure it out, yes, but the fact that a question might exist betrays really, really bad design.

Plus, loading up any list of your own games takes way too long.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Dany

Finding games on the dashboard is easy. Hearing them complain about the ads is valid but getting around to stuff? Not hard.

insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By insanejedi

On Xbox 360

Games tab>Game Marketplace>Games>New Releases> (Sort by: Release Date, Top downloaded, User Rating, Title.)

Or Games tab>Game Marketplace>Games>Arcade>New Releases (Sort by: Release Date, Top downloaded, User Rating, Title.)

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shaunk

@insanejedi said:

On Xbox 360

Games tab>Game Marketplace>Games>New Releases> (Sort by: Release Date, Top downloaded, User Rating, Title.)

Or Games tab>Game Marketplace>Games>Arcade>New Releases (Sort by: Release Date, Top downloaded, User Rating, Title.)

Wow that's really quick and easy! It's not like I have to move over to the games marketplace/games button through other ones!

insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By insanejedi

@MasturbatingestBear said:

@insanejedi said:

On Xbox 360

Wow that's really quick and easy! It's not like I have to move over to the games marketplace/games button through other ones!

How do you even use a computer if you find that complicated?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@insanejedi said:

@insanejedi said:

On Xbox 360

Computers do a lot more than an Xbox. Being shitty at the one of the few things you're supposed to do isn't okay. And comparing it to something that does everything isn't reasonable.

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By 1337W422102

>no way to sort games by price
Fuck that noise.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By alternate
Has the Giant Bomb members never went to the MS website?

People in glass houses shouldn't call other people stupid. Or something.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@insanejedi said:

@insanejedi said:

On Xbox 360

Well the menus are sluggish. It doesn't help that the ads take up so much space and center stage while the menu options you do want are on the side of the screen. They are about 1/3rd of the size of the ads too. Then you have to navigate through more sluggish menus to find like ten games and considering I saw Kinectimals as a new release today it looks kind of busted. And if you want to look at more archived stuff you either have to know exactly what you are looking for or go through the alphabet system where it shows you 5 games at a time. Considering that the 360 is 6-7 years old there is a lot of shit on there and only being able to look at 5 games at a time severely hinders your search.

TheRealJpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By TheRealJpoe

I never I thought I'd say this but... damn I miss the blades. Wouldn't be having this conversation if MS just kept it the same.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Canteu

I'm sorry, but the current dashboard is godawful. Stop trying to defend failure.

If only I had blades :(

(I'm serious, that was the best version of the dashboard)

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By phantomzxro

I don't think its hard as in anyone who know games won't be able to find it but with the new design its a bit more cumbersome to get into the market and find what you want. I also feel the ads are a bit more disorienting because most ads are intermix with the icons you need to move on and with half of the ads being bigger than your game icons as well as smaller ads mixed in, it just feels "busy". At least in the last design the ads had their place and never was in the way of where you had to go.

zkrizt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By zkrizt

Arcade games used to be 3 button presses away from the main screen, now its over 10, i counted it at one point but can't be bothered now.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By fox01313

It seems that the GB issue of sometimes not finding XBLA game release dates is before they come out, afterwards it's easy to go to pull down a list on XBLA of new things by release date.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NegativeCero

It's not hard to find stuff, it's just needlessly buried in screens.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By laserbolts

The dashboard is pretty bad. There is no defending it.