#1 Edited by RazielCuts (2911 posts) -

('What's the deal with airplane food?' No, but it might sound like that.)

On the odd occasion Jeff man's the podcast he always seems to get it up Tuesday before 12pm GMT, Ryan on the other hand...it's almost consistently 'late' and more like a rare treat if it's up on a Tuesday. My question is, why is that? Is it because Jeff's more used to dealing with audio as he uses audio software making his music on the side?

I'm sure Ryan's pretty used to the software now (4/5 years and counting) so what is it? It can't purely because Ryan's such an asshole.

(NB: It's a well known fact Ryan's an 'asshole' that don't give no 'eff)

#2 Posted by Nightriff (4866 posts) -

There is no such thing as late AS LONG AS IT IS TUESDAY, and last weeks was boring as hell so I'm glad Ryan is back (hopefully)

#3 Posted by SlashDance (1801 posts) -

I read all that in the voice of a stand-up comedian because of that first sentence.

#4 Edited by HistoryInRust (6268 posts) -

I think it's more a function of how busy the rest of the week is/has been than who's behind the production wheel. Basing any conclusion on a correlation one might incorrectly diagnose between producer and release hour is probably misunderstanding the situation as a whole.

#5 Posted by RazielCuts (2911 posts) -

@nightriff: I'll give you that, he does guide the podcast well, realises when there's a bit a down note and moves on. (and yeah, last weeks podcast was a bit aimless, and not in the off-topic way we usually like)

#6 Edited by Nightriff (4866 posts) -

@razielcuts: Oh so true, I don't even know what they talked about for 3 hours and 6 minutes, but I know I don't retain anything from it, but the 10 minutes of Dave speaking about EVE Online from the week before I remember perfectly. And they had games to talk about, they just didn't talk about them or went way to long on a specific game.

#7 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

The one thing I don't like about Jeffcasts is that the volume seems really low even at 100%. I can at least hear Ryancasts with a ton of background noise.

#8 Edited by DarkShaper (1319 posts) -

@razielcuts: What time zone are you in? I can't remember a time when it has gone up after midnight for me.

#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (35838 posts) -

You know how potheads always say, "It's 4:20 somewhere, man"? Ryan thinks the same logic applies to Tuesdays.

#10 Posted by FLStyle (4536 posts) -

Ryan uses the right theme tracks, all of the theme tracks and the sound quality is good. No issues here.

#11 Edited by Rafaelfc (1311 posts) -

different people will do some stuff differently, weird.

#12 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10375 posts) -

The thing I like best about Jeff podcasts are that he always uses old theme music.

Also,

THE TRAIN WILL NEVER DIE!!!

THE NDX WILL FLY AGAIN!!!

CHOO CHOO!

#13 Posted by ienkub (28 posts) -

i like to think it's because Ryan is the kind of guy who takes on too much and works until the wee hours of the night to get everything just right.

#14 Posted by cmblasko (1108 posts) -

The thing I like best about Jeff podcasts are that he always uses old theme music.

THAT right there.

#15 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Also,

CHOO CHOO!

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

#16 Posted by Soapy86 (2619 posts) -

@mcghee said:

@mooseymcman said:

Also,

CHOO CHOO!

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

#17 Posted by The_Ruiner (986 posts) -

maybe cause Ryan actually takes the time to add the proper music...

#18 Posted by BisonHero (6054 posts) -

@cmblasko said:

@mooseymcman said:

THAT right there.

I love that he (intentionally) never gets the current music.

I do really miss that 2011 theme music, with all the horns.

#19 Posted by ItsAJackal (149 posts) -

+1 on the theme being my favorite part.

I was so sad when they changed it from the 2011 theme, and get excited when Jeff runs the podcast.

#20 Edited by UlquioKani (1018 posts) -

I would enjoy Jeff run casts if it weren't for the fact that the only reason he runs them is because Ryan isn't there. I need Ryan, Jeff, Brad and Vinny in my podcasts or it feels off.

#21 Posted by infinite_zero00 (14 posts) -

So I like Ryan's casts better simply for the volume, that said, my first bombcast was one sans-Ryan and I haven't missed one since so I don't know what that means.

A little off topic: Do they actually record on Tuesday? Or is it recorded on Monday and put up on Tuesday? Or is it circumstantial?

#22 Posted by Subjugation (4716 posts) -

@infinite_zero00: I think they typically record it on Monday. Sometimes you'll hear them flub something in the intro with dates that makes it obvious.

Also, I can't remember a time when the bombcast hasn't been up before midnight on Tuesday for me.

#23 Edited by Humanity (8715 posts) -

I don't care either way but I do like the way Jeff doesn't give a fuuuuuck about anything, including knowing what the current date is.

#24 Edited by alternate (2679 posts) -

<p>I believe Ryan listens to the whole cast back, editing and dropping in music as he goes. Jeff sticks the bumper on the start and end and runs it through garage band. Maybe if Jeff did it every week Ryan would get hid reviews written sooner :-O</p>

#25 Edited by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Being in the central time zone of the US & faithfully listening to all the normal bombcasts launch on a Tuesday. There's been a handful that popped up after 7pm but they've been fairly regular on getting out on Tuesday almost all the time for the time zones nearest to the GB office.

#26 Posted by English (158 posts) -

The audio levels always seem better on the Ryan-produced bombcasts to me, dunno if that's just a settings/software difference or if he takes the extra time to balance everything properly.

#27 Edited by Anwar (821 posts) -

What I would love to see is somebody other than Ryan hosting the bombcast and TNT WHILE Ryan is still around and not on a vacation/sick/whatever, I think that would be neat.