#1 Posted by Bernoulli (158 posts) -

The ones with Ryan as a cop and ect ?I've been looking all over the site and can't find them, well other than the behinds the scenes stuff. I was under the false assumption that they weren't out yet but I guess I was wrong.

#2 Posted by StarvingGamer (8555 posts) -
#3 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

You aren't talking about these are you?

Game of the Year Recaps

Yeah I'm assuming he's on about these. I remember on the skype call podcast 2 weeks ago Jeff told Ryan they should probably write up a news story so all these videos are together in one place, but in usual giantbomb fashion I don't think they bothered. For all the hard work that went into them and for how great those videos are they were poorly advertised on the web and the small amount of views on the youtube view count highlights this.

I also think they should have had better more eye catching titles on the video, because even I, a die hard giantbomb fan, didn't even notice the videos were made until a week or so after they had all been put on the site, mainly because I just assumed the videos were as they were titled, recap videos of the game of the year stuff, and as I had listened to all the GOTY podcasts I wasn't really interested in checking out the video versions. But what a surprise I got when I actually finally clicked on one and found amazing fucking epic giantbomb original content in them. But yeah poorly advertised, if the guys were clever and want to get more earnings for their hardwork they should really repost the 10 minute shows as their own videos, and give them appropriate titles, I'm sure it would attract a lot of new viewers to the site and it would highlight the videos to people like the OP who is a fan of giantbomb but didn't have a clue where or what these awesome videos are.

Ah well not like I work here, but their inability to show off their product really confuses me sometimes....

#4 Posted by Djnuttty (139 posts) -

@nail1080 said:

@StarvingGamer said:

Game of the Year Recaps

Yeah I'm assuming he's on about these. I remember on the skype call podcast 2 weeks ago Jeff told Ryan they should probably write up a news story so all these videos are together in one place, but in usual giantbomb fashion I don't think they bothered. For all the hard work that went into them and for how great those videos are they were poorly advertised on the web and the small amount of views on the youtube view count highlights this.

I also think they should have had better more eye catching titles on the video, because even I, a die hard giantbomb fan, didn't even notice the videos were made until a week or so after they had all been put on the site, mainly because I just assumed the videos were as they were titled, recap videos of the game of the year stuff, and as I had listened to all the GOTY podcasts I wasn't really interested in checking out the video versions. But what a surprise I got when I actually finally clicked on one and found amazing fucking epic giantbomb original content in them. But yeah poorly advertised, if the guys were clever and want to get more earnings for their hardwork they should really repost the 10 minute shows as their own videos, and give them appropriate titles, I'm sure it would attract a lot of new viewers to the site and it would highlight the videos to people like the OP who is a fan of giantbomb but didn't have a clue where or what these awesome videos are.

Ah well not like I work here, but their inability to show off their product really confuses me sometimes....

They did make an article with all of the GOTY content together.

#5 Posted by Roland_D11 (195 posts) -

Yes, they did put up an article:

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/here-are-all-of-giant-bombs-2012-game-of-the-year-features-in-one-handy-spot/4502/

#6 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

@Djnuttty said:

@nail1080 said:

@StarvingGamer said:

Game of the Year Recaps

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/here-are-all-of-giant-bombs-2012-game-of-the-year-features-in-one-handy-spot/4502/

Woops yeah I guess they did, still they were poorly advertised for all the work that went into them, the individual titles on the youtube videos does not attract a new user to the site at all. It should have had labels like 'The Office Spoof Sketch' or well something a bit more creative but you get what I'm saying!

#7 Edited by Maajin (1088 posts) -

@nail1080 said:

@Djnuttty said:

@nail1080 said:

@StarvingGamer said:

Game of the Year Recaps

Woops yeah I guess they did, still they were poorly advertised for all the work that went into them, the individual titles on the youtube videos does not attract a new user to the site at all. It should have had labels like 'The Office Spoof Sketch' or well something a bit more creative but you get what I'm saying!

Didn't you hear them talk about how crazy and ambitious their GOTY stuff was going to be last year in the weeks prior? Also, for me, part of the fun was not knowing what to expect until I started watching. I think they did it the right way: understating it at first, and then later, putting it all together with the labels as you said and everything. But yeah, it's easy to miss if you're not checking the site regularly.

#8 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

@Maajin said:

@nail1080 said:

@Djnuttty said:

@nail1080 said:

@StarvingGamer said:

Game of the Year Recaps

Didn't you hear them talk about how crazy and ambitious their GOTY stuff was going to be last year in the weeks prior? Also, for me, part of the fun was not knowing what to expect until I started watching. I think they did it the right way: understating it at first, and then later, putting it all together with the labels as you said and everything. But yeah, it's easy to miss if you're not checking the site regularly.

Yeah I did hear them hyping it up a few weeks prior, I'm just saying it's a shame the videos didn't seem to get much views or more attention outside the giantbomb-verse, because I really do think they are of such high quality they deserved more attention and praise from people outside of the site

#9 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -

Maybe you should check the site more often. http://www.giantbomb.com/news/here-are-all-of-giant-bombs-2012-game-of-the-year-features-in-one-handy-spot/4502/

@nail1080 said:

@StarvingGamer said:

Yeah I'm assuming he's on about these. I remember on the skype call podcast 2 weeks ago Jeff told Ryan they should probably write up a news story so all these videos are together in one place, but in usual giantbomb fashion I don't think they bothered.

Game of the Year Recaps

#10 Posted by Bernoulli (158 posts) -

@StarvingGamer: I'll check it out, thank you. (I've got a slow connection so it will take me a bit to confirm if this is what I'm looking for.)

#11 Posted by Bernoulli (158 posts) -

Yep these are what I was looking for and they're fantastic!