#1 Posted by Peppers (22 posts) -

It's the one where, I think Patrick was telling a story about watching a football game and sending his buddy a text that said suck my dick.

#2 Edited by tkalsey (153 posts) -

12-18-12. I believe

#3 Posted by Peppers (22 posts) -

@tkalsey: That's the one, thank you so much

#4 Posted by Trilogy (2650 posts) -

@tkalsey said:

12-18-12. I believe

How in the fuck did you even know that.

#5 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2530 posts) -

How about this one? I've recently really wanted to track it down:

The guys (mainly Jeff) come up with the idea of a "chosen one" being born to modernise and revolutionise Nintendo.

#6 Posted by tkalsey (153 posts) -

@trilogy: I remembered that that podcast was within the last 6 months or so, so I looked 3 pages in on the bombcast, saw a description about Patrick trash talking. Then I looked the comments and noticed that somebody mentioned Patrick telling someone to suck his dick. voila.

#7 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2246 posts) -

@trilogy said:

@tkalsey said:

12-18-12. I believe

How in the fuck did you even know that.

The description of the podcast is a pretty good indicator. The moment in question happens within the first few minutes

#8 Edited by tkalsey (153 posts) -
#9 Edited by eskimo (476 posts) -

pizza sphere?

#10 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2530 posts) -

@tkalsey said:

@selfconfessedcynic: 11-20-12 a little after the 50 minute mark

Oh god! I totally thought it was that episode but fell asleep before I got to that part (literally, I played it at like 11:30 last night).

Yay!

#11 Edited by tkalsey (153 posts) -
#13 Edited by triple07 (1196 posts) -

You people are apparently magicians to find them with so little info.

#14 Posted by myketuna (1679 posts) -

I want to see if I can get help among these magicians. I want to find a bombcast where Johnny V is talking about him getting hired at Midway(?). Anyway, at the end of the story, someone else on the podcast comes to the realization that every place Johnny has ever worked at has gone under, implying he's the catalyst. This realization seems to hurt Johnny and he says something like "...I'm trying to tell this heartwarming story and you..." and I forgot the rest. I think it might have been one of the GDC or E3 podcasts because I don't see a reason for Johnny to be on the Bombcast otherwise.

I just remember laughing out loud and want to experience this moment again.

#15 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2246 posts) -

@myketuna said:

I want to see if I can get help among these magicians. I want to find a bombcast where Johnny V is talking about him getting hired at Midway(?). Anyway, at the end of the story, someone else on the podcast comes to the realization that every place Johnny has ever worked at has gone under, implying he's the catalyst. This realization seems to hurt Johnny and he says something like "...I'm trying to tell this heartwarming story and you..." and I forgot the rest. I think it might have been one of the GDC or E3 podcasts because I don't see a reason for Johnny to be on the Bombcast otherwise.

I want to say that was an E3 2011 bombcast but that's just going off the top of my head.

Edit: It would actually make way more sense being a 2012 e3 bombcast.

#16 Edited by BaconGames (3371 posts) -

I can't tell you why but reading this thread made me thing of Jeff saying "I'm 6 foot 3! Milk is OK!" which goes back to some of the first Bombcasts that Brad and Vinny were on. That was in 2008, which is approaching FIVE YEARS AGO. OH GOD MY LIFE

#17 Edited by altairre (1181 posts) -

How about this one? I've recently really wanted to track it down:

The guys (mainly Jeff) come up with the idea of a "chosen one" being born to modernise and revolutionise Nintendo.

I remember that one because it made me laugh out loud in public. It's either the week of WiiU launch or the one after that.

#18 Posted by myketuna (1679 posts) -

@myketuna said:

I want to say that was an E3 2011 bombcast but that's just going off the top of my head.

I don't think it was that recent. I feel like this was 2009 or 2010. I was still looking for this episode back in 2012.

#19 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2246 posts) -

@myketuna said:

@oscar__explosion said:

@myketuna said:

I don't think it was that recent. I feel like this was 2009 or 2010. I was still looking for this episode back in 2012.

great now I'm gonna end up listening to all those bombcasts.

#20 Edited by myketuna (1679 posts) -

@myketuna said:

@oscar__explosion said:

@myketuna said:

What I've wanted to do is find out every appearance of Johnny V on the Bombcast. That way I know if I'm making this up or not.

#21 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2246 posts) -

@myketuna said:

@oscar__explosion said:

@myketuna said:

@oscar__explosion said:

@myketuna said:

What I've wanted to do is find out every appearance of Johnny V on the Bombcast. That way I know if I'm making this up or not.

No you're totally not making it up. I remember that conversation I just can't pinpoint when.

#22 Edited by Mezmero (1874 posts) -

Looking for a pretty deep cut. Which bombcast did they make the joke about "Will Wright's Matheletes." Maaaaaaaath! Raid on bungling bay.

#23 Edited by Demoskinos (14778 posts) -

Holy shit @tkalsey is a bombcast savant. Impressive stuff.

#25 Edited by Demoskinos (14778 posts) -

@myketuna said:

@oscar__explosion said:

@myketuna said:

@oscar__explosion said:

@myketuna said:

No you're totally not making it up. I remember that conversation I just can't pinpoint when.

I wanna say it was the first time that Johnny V was on the podcast with Adam Boyes. I know they talked a LOT about Midway and stuff on that episode.

#26 Edited by Dalai (7019 posts) -

@mezmero said:

Looking for a pretty deep cut. Which bombcast did they make the joke about "Will Wright's Matheletes." Maaaaaaaath! Raid on bungling bay.

Done. One of my favorites.

#28 Edited by Mezmero (1874 posts) -

@dalai: you know what you get from sitting on a soccer field? A grassy ass. Gracias. Thank you.

#29 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

Mezmero, maybe GDC 2009 with Rich talking about Mathnet?

Also, there was definitely an episode where Johnny got called out for being the Ted McGinley of games. E3 2010 or 2011 maybe, look up when Vogster ended.

Finally, I've never heard them talk about saving the Wii brand, so point that one out please.

#30 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

Mezmero, maybe GDC 2009 with Rich talking about Mathnet?

Also, there was definitely an episode where Johnny got called out for being the Ted McGinley of games. E3 2010 or 2011 maybe, look up when Vogster ended.

Finally, I've never heard them talk about saving the Wii brand, so point that one out please.

#31 Posted by Twisted (188 posts) -

I've got one that I've been trying to figure out for a few weeks. The problem is at the moment I'm listening to old podcasts and I'm up to September 2009. About a month or two ago I was driving and listening and they started doing Ray Romano impressions. I was already chuckling but when I realised who they were impersonating I damn near had a heart attack I was laughing so much. Yes, while driving. I know that in a later podcast they start doing it again but nowhere near as much. The problem is I can not remember if it was from a 2013 episode or one of those podcasts from 2009.

They're all pretty much doing the impression and I'm quite sure somebody says 'COMEDY' in that voice too.

#32 Edited by 49th (2735 posts) -

Which is the one where Patrick tells a story about finding Megaman art?