• 78 results
#1 Posted by AndrewB (7440 posts) -

#2 Posted by AndrewB (7440 posts) -

We've now seen three of the four main cast (Jeff, Ryan, Vinny and Brad) host a Bombcast in one form or another. Everyone except... Brad.

So my question is this: how many of you would like to have Brad running the show for just one podcast? To get him out of his element. No sleeping for Brad. It's just his dulcet tones asking the rest what they've been playing, reading the news, and then segueing into E-mails the only way he knows how.

This is not a joke topic. I'd really want to see Brad as host for a day.

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Sure, why not.

#4 Posted by Milkman (16483 posts) -

That would be a disaster so yes, I would love to see it.

#5 Posted by Aegon (5377 posts) -

*sleepy noises* 

#6 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I don't know about on a permanent basis, but I'd love at least one episode with Brad behind the wheel.

#7 Posted by AndrewB (7440 posts) -

Already regretting putting in the option for Vinny as the permanent host. It's skewing the otherwise 100% yes ratio.

#8 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

Sure , why not .... but Ryan is the perfect podcast host already so everyone else hosting the Bombcast would be a step down.

#9 Posted by pyromagnestir (4195 posts) -

Here's how it would go:

"Emails!"

Fin...

#10 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1230 posts) -

It would be all emails and sleep so why not haha

#11 Posted by NegativeCero (2973 posts) -

I think it would be painful to listen to. Especially when Brad, without fail, is sleepy during the Bombcast. So yes, I would.

#12 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

@H2Oyea said:

*sleepy noises*

I'd be down for this

#13 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I want Vinny to host the Bombcast where he talks to the other four Bombcast members who are also Vinny.

#14 Posted by AndrewB (7440 posts) -

@McGhee said:

I want Vinny to host the Bombcast where he talks to the other four Bombcast members who are also Vinny.

Oh man, that's either my dream scenario or a crazy nightmare.

#15 Posted by bartok (2406 posts) -

I want to see Brad punch a horse.  Bonus points if it is a pretty horse like an Arabian or a Palomino. 

#16 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

When did Vincent host one?

#17 Posted by Mikemcn (6937 posts) -

The evil brad hating cabal will never let that happen.

#18 Posted by AndrewB (7440 posts) -

@chrismafuchris said:

When did Vincent host one?

He hosted the Mass Effect 3 cast the other day. An offshoot that might not quite count, but I'll allow it.

#19 Posted by Demoskinos (14519 posts) -

Well, we all do love car wrecks right?

#20 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

Ryan is indeed the perfect host. He keeps everybody on track in the BombCast. Jeff is a good second. Vinny was fun too. Brad, on the other hand... No offence, but I think he's just not the type for that. He seems very comfortable with his lateral position within the GB crew anyway. But sure, I would love it if he hosted the BombCast for once. Should be interesting.

#21 Posted by theodacourt (519 posts) -

I'd love to see that train wreck once. It would just be people getting on brad's back and I'm pretty sure it will never happen. I really enjoyed the calmer podcast last week without Ryan. It was great as a break, but I'm glad it's returned to being rowdy this week.

#22 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

Back in the day, after Rich Gallup left Gamespot, Vinny was the host of The Hotspot. He was pretty great at it.

#23 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

i wanna see brad host a emails only bombcast.

#24 Posted by rawrsair (819 posts) -

Sure, but I like Ryan doing it.

#25 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
#26 Posted by Video_Game_King (35826 posts) -

How the fuck would that work? Podcasts don't have a video component, as I've found out by staring at the podcast itself while it was playing. (This is actually how I listen to podcasts...when I listen to them, obviously.)

#27 Posted by Bocam (3668 posts) -

I want Vinny's brother to host the bombcast

#28 Posted by Aegon (5377 posts) -
#29 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1552 posts) -

I would, but Ryan is both a felicitous host, and Brad would probably fall asleep half-way through hosting. xD

#30 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -

I'm afraid of changes.

#31 Posted by JackSukeru (5898 posts) -

I think Ryan is great as the host, I also think it's occasionally funny to have Jeff host the podcast, like a week ago.

Vinny was the host of The Hotspot a while if I recall, it didn't really make them any more or less magical so I see no reason for him to host.

I say sure, mix it up and put Brad in charge for a week, it'd probably get entertaining.

#32 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

I'd prefer to see Matt Rorie!! Show the Bombcast some puppy love.

#33 Posted by evanbower (1210 posts) -

I want to see Brad do all things. All of 'em.

#34 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

i don't think he would be suited to do that, but it would be interesting for an episode to see how he does.

#35 Posted by Toxin066 (3250 posts) -

I must hear a Brad-hosted bombcast. FOR SCIENCE.

#36 Posted by ajamafalous (11809 posts) -

I would rather Jeff become the host, because whenever Ryan's not there the Bombcast is significantly better without him constantly ending tangential segments that are way funnier than whatever's next.

#37 Posted by kishinfoulux (2250 posts) -

I actually love Jeff as host because he don't give a fuck...lol. I'd like to see them rotate. And they need to cut out new releases because it's not really needed. That gives emails a bit more time.

#38 Posted by liquiddragon (221 posts) -

yeah! they should all take turns!

#39 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

I think it would be great if Brad hosted for one show.  Im probably one of the few people here that thinks that hilarity would ensue...

#40 Posted by august (3825 posts) -

Only if they got him hopped up on goofballs.

#41 Posted by Daiphyer (1301 posts) -

I still want the Caravella family podcast!

#42 Posted by jewunit (1054 posts) -

I think Brad would be a perfectly competent host. I just don't think he has any interest in hosting.

#43 Edited by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

@Daiphyer said:

I still want the Caravella family podcast!

Yes please.

#44 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -

Only if he wanted to. I really couldn't care less as to who does it as long as they all chime in and give their opinion on the things they're interested in. I don't avidly listen to the bombcast's, but still.

#45 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

I only protest the dismissal of Patrick as a main cast member. He's not going anywhere any time soon, and will only become more dominant as Jeff and Ryan eventually sit back at some point. I agree that Ryan is pretty much the perfect host, though, and also would be up for hearing Brad or Patrick host.

#46 Posted by AuthenticM (3695 posts) -

Yes! Even back at GameStop, Jeff, Ryan (I think) and Vinny all hosted the Hotspot when Rich was not present. Everyone except Brad. He's never hosted a 'cast in his life!

This needs to be corrected.

#47 Posted by SoothsayerGB (1468 posts) -

Only if there are turkey sandwiches.

#48 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Only if it ends up like one of the more disastrous of his Quick Looks and he gets lost and fumbling and then it all goes to dead air.

Then it returns and Brad is cursing out the sound board controls and the mics.

I love you Brad, but sometimes you seem to be at war with technology

#49 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3719 posts) -

I wish Jeff took charge a bit more, and split duties or took turns with Ryan. Ryan's good at getting down to business, and Jeff's good at allowing fun to grow, like in the pizza/dry ice mailbag. Vinny is great as a color man, so I think having him take the lead more would force him to be more more... structured and "responsible". I don't think Brad has any interest in hosting things, and he's better as more of a straight-man, fact-checker, contrarian every-man any way. LIke Brad, Patrick is perfect where he is, as long as the topic is one that interests him.

#50 Posted by Driadon (2995 posts) -

Only if he did it in the style of a not-so-hip AM radio jazz show host.