#1 Posted by L44 (510 posts) -

After listening to the latest bombcast when Patrick was talking about the adoption of CG in horror films, it prompted me to remember Black Sheep. That gem of a film had no CG at all(?). Anyway, I was interested to know how many have seen that great New Zealander movie.

#2 Posted by EVO (3782 posts) -

The only Black Sheep I've seen is the Chris Farley/David Spade one.

#3 Posted by SamStrife (1280 posts) -

Oh snap I remember seeing that in the cinema. What little I remember of it is that it wasn't actually that terrible and was actually kind of awesome in spots.

#4 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9765 posts) -

@EVO said:

#5 Posted by CheapPoison (708 posts) -

Absolutely stupid movie.

And i loved it.

#6 Posted by Thompson820 (409 posts) -

Man, I remember seeing that years ago. In my memory it's some weird hybrid of disgusting gore and comedy, not really scary.

#7 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -
@CheapPoison

Absolutely stupid movie.

And i loved it.

#8 Posted by HarlechQuinn (438 posts) -

Remember seeing it on the Fantasy Film Festback in 2007 and I have the special edition DVD lying around somewhere.The audience reaction was mixed in the cinema... But I think this was more of a problem of people who go knowingly in a fun splatter movie and complain afterwards that it was dumb and only consisted of splatter scenes and stupid jokes... In my opinion it's a pretty solid fun splatter movie.

And for the record I've seen the Chris Farley/David Spade one as well...

#9 Posted by Dogma (942 posts) -

It's the one with the zombie sheep, right?

I laughed out loud when one cheep attacks a guy by (what alomost looks like flying) jumping him from the right of thr screen. That looked hillarious! :D

#10 Posted by Cramsy (1160 posts) -

that scene when the sheep is driving the truck? Incredible.

#11 Posted by Nightriff (4349 posts) -

@EVO said:

I thought he was talking about this movie, it's pretty bad but I still enjoy it.

R.I.P. Chris Farley, you surely are missed

#12 Posted by Freshbandito (611 posts) -

It's like a newer brain dead, new zealand films seem to love that style. The movie's a really enjoyable silly splatter flick.

#13 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (519 posts) -

@EVO said:

#14 Posted by Kerned (1168 posts) -

Black Sheep (zombies, not Farley) is absolutely great. Everyone should check it out, seriously. If you like subtly comedic horror films, you can't go wrong. It plays the horror angle completely straight and on the surface is taking itself very seriously, while at the same time being quite clearly tongue-in-cheek. It's a great approach.

Black Sheep (East Coast hip-hop act, popular in the early 90s) is also great. Their first album, A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing, is a classic.

#15 Posted by maureliuswolf (4 posts) -

"I"m not a fucking tree, I'm a goddamn sheep!"

#16 Edited by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

I haven't seen it in years, but I remember quite liking it though. I should re-visit it, since it's that time of the year.

#17 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

Can't say that I have, but I still wholeheartedly agreed with Patrick in his sentiment of dumb CG ruining practical monster effects.

#18 Posted by psylah (2153 posts) -

WETA did all of the practical effects in that movie, so it's no wonder why it all looked so good.

#19 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5120 posts) -

@EVO said:

#20 Edited by Vonocourt (2107 posts) -

As someone who really enjoys Dead Alive(or Brain Dead if you want to be a overzealous correcter), can't say the same about Black Sheep. One of those moments when you recognize you should be enjoying it, but you just have a empty feeling.

#21 Posted by Gradev (43 posts) -

The one set in new zealand? I remember enjoying it, but it was 5-6 years ago that I watched it pretty sure I have it lying around here somewhere.

#22 Edited by Yummylee (20585 posts) -

I've seen it... I thought it was awful, and the gimmick of ZOMBIE SHEEP LOL kinda got worn out pretty quickly.