• 77 results
#1 Posted by ptys (1992 posts) -
#2 Posted by Unchained (1090 posts) -

Dave Snider.

#3 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

I'd have to go with VInny. I have the same feeling about mulitplayer games as he does, and the rest of my opinions are kinda balanced out between the rest. 

#4 Posted by hsvlad (142 posts) -

Jeff tends to know what he's talking about, even when he ends up not liking a game that I do (Red Dead Redemption for example) he still can understand why people might like it. The sign of a true and honest purveyor of consumer advice which, lets face it, is what these guys do 

#5 Posted by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

It's really a mix between all of them. They all like and dislike something that I like and dislike.

#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11413 posts) -
@guiseppe said:
" It's really a mix between all of them. They all like and dislike something that I like and dislike. "
Pretty much this. But I voted for Vinny, because Ryan shaved his beard, and Jeff shaved his short lived 'stache. 
#7 Edited by ProfessorEss (7523 posts) -

Definitely Brad.

#8 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3715 posts) -

Really none of them. I take bits and pieces from each none of the guys really match my taste.

#9 Posted by ptys (1992 posts) -

I like Ryan's clever nonchalance, Jeff's cynicism, Vinny's enthusiasm but Brad tends to let his passion for gaming flow, he's one of the few reviewers who allows himself to get swept away like a fan.

#10 Edited by JoeyRavn (4984 posts) -

Either Ryan or Brad for me. But since I get the feeling that Ryan is featured in more video reviews (where you can really tell if they are enjoying what they are playing), I'll vote for him. 

I hate to say this, because I love Jeff, but sometimes he's too... dry when he doesn't like a game. He depresses me :(

#11 Posted by DarkShaper (1349 posts) -

I'm not 100% with any of them but I would have to go with Vinny considering my penchant for playing older games on a whim.

#12 Posted by Sammo21 (3567 posts) -
@guiseppe: yeah, they are all diverse enough that I can honestly say I feel that I fall in between them all.
#13 Posted by Gargantuan (1887 posts) -

Dave and Vinny.

#14 Posted by Noodles (539 posts) -
#15 Posted by adoggz (2070 posts) -

Drew

#16 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Jeff's relative cynicism usually work for me.

#17 Posted by obcdexter (657 posts) -

I like to hear from all of them how they think about a particular game, however, I think I'm mostly rolling along with Brad's and Vincent's opinions--they just seem more open the all the "weird" stuff (which, most of the time, I wouldn't even categorize as that) Ryan and Jeff seem to be disapproving of right from the start.

#18 Posted by Interfect (981 posts) -

Vinny and Brad. I'm not a huge multiplayer guy but I do love it when they talk about a game they really love. Even if I don't care much for it (lie starcraft 2) I still love it when they show their passion.

#19 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

Brad. Or it might be Vinny; I haven't listened to the Bombcast enough to know what his tastes are like. Jeff and Ryan seem to hate on things for no reason and it kind of annoys me. 

#20 Posted by Dork_Metamorphosis (251 posts) -

After listening to Vinny describe how he plays Civ 5 I realized we have very similar preferences.  And he hates Flower, which is a plus in my book. 

#21 Edited by CptBedlam (4460 posts) -

I'm a Brad-guy when it comes to gaming. Very determined, very open and non-cynical.

I probably have the least in common with Jeff but I really enjoy listening to him bringing forth his views on games, same with the rest of the crew (love Vinny's positive attitude and witnessing how games grow on Ryan). Having all these different tastes and opinions present on the bombcast is the best possible basis for estimating whether a game suits my own taste or not.

#22 Posted by 9cupsoftea (651 posts) -

Ryan, since he's the most cynical. 

#23 Posted by Animasta (14728 posts) -

Dave, Vinny, and then Ryan; Jeff's enthusiasm for fighting games perplexes me, same with brad and SC2

#24 Posted by hinderk (690 posts) -

I tend to agree with Vinny and Brad the most.

#25 Posted by Turambar (6898 posts) -

A combination of Vinny and Brad.  I'm pretty 50/50 with Jeff and don't really care about Ryan's opinions on most things.

#26 Posted by damswedon (3202 posts) -

Vinny I'm at least willing to give a game a chance and always try to point out the good things it did over the bad.

#27 Posted by EpicBenjamin (633 posts) -

Brad.
#28 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

Maybe none of them. I don't listen to the Bombcast for people to agree with my opinions, and I feel like they're a bit too... I don't have a word for it, but things like House of the Dead: Overkill, which is an amazing game, don't seem to get the credit they deserve here because there's just certain genres they won't give a chance to.

#29 Posted by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

Vinny 
Jeff 
Ryan 
Brad

#30 Posted by shadyspace (455 posts) -

Vinny. His aforementioned stance on multiplayer, his willingness to give JRPGs a fair shake, etc.

#31 Posted by Yummylee (22576 posts) -

Probably Brad's.

#32 Posted by Tordah (2488 posts) -
@damswedon said:
" Vinny I'm at least willing to give a game a chance and always try to point out the good things it did over the bad. "
Pretty much this. Also, I'm not big on multi-player in general.
#33 Posted by bearshamanbro (284 posts) -

Jeff. He is usually spot on and his reviews are very good (as are the others). Just don't put him in front of Demon's Souls.

#34 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

Vinny and Dave. They both share that same optimism when it comes to playing stuff they have never heard of or anything like that.

I love reading Jeff's reviews, but I don't know. There is something about the way he carries himself that sort of irritates me. Sort of like an elitist nerd who thinks he's so kickass because he beat final fantasy VII thirty times or something like that so any other game that tries to recreate that experience is not good enough and simply dismissed for no reason. 

Ryan was the same for me at first, until I started listening to the podcasts. I think Ryan is a little more open minded that most people give him credit for. I think the first time I was really rooting for him was when Brad was doing the Star Trek online stuff, but pretty much wandering around aimlessly not doing anything, until Ryan came in and pretty much herded Brad around so it wasn't so goddamn boring to watch.

Brad just seems clueless most of the time, but the dude sure knows his starcraft, so that's okay.

I can appreciate where each person is coming from as that's what makes Giantbomb so great, but Vinny and Dave seem like they just have the most fun when it comes to video games.

In the end, I still love my Giantbomb!

#35 Posted by bearshamanbro (284 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85 said:
" I can appreciate where each person is coming from as that's what makes Giantbomb so great, but Vinny and Dave seem like they just have the most fun when it comes to video games.  In the end, I still love my Giantbomb! "
I agree with this. I think the reason though is Vinny and Dave don't have to review games, they can play games more like the rest of us do. Ryan, Jeff, and Brad probably have a pile of games they have to go through so it's more of a job for them.
#36 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -

Drew.

#37 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

Brad and Jeff but mostly Brad for me. I love Ryan and Vinny but their tastes just don't match up with mine. 

#38 Posted by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -

Tough to say, I think it's a real mix between all the different staff members for me.

#39 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -

I can't really say. The staffers are almost always up to date and playing the newest games, while I'm usually a few weeks back playing older titles. Because of that I never hear their opinions on the games I'm currently playing much.

#40 Posted by DeepSpaceJesus (94 posts) -

Who Is Tastes & Opinions About VG's Do You Tend To Agree With More?

#41 Edited by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -

My own.

#42 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3489 posts) -

Probably Vinny or Brad. I love the fact that Brad loved Shattered memories, and appreciated the awesomeness of Dead Space: Extraction (while admitting it's fall-backs). I'm totally the opposite of Ryan though, I find him too dismissive, he talks trash about games without acknowledging their positives, which is something Jeff does ;)   

#43 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Margaret Choe. 

Yeah I know it doesn't make sense to you, but it does to me.

#44 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

Probably Brad, we both loved Resident Evil 5, and Banjo-Kazooie an irrational amount. Wait, was it Vinny who really liked RE5...

#45 Posted by MementoMori (189 posts) -

I lost respect for Jeff when he talked mess about e-sports, saying "he plays games to have fun".

So do "cyberathletes", what's more fun than winning?

#46 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2913 posts) -

+1 for Dave. I've learned that Jeff and Ryan hate almost everything I love.

#47 Posted by CptBedlam (4460 posts) -
@mylifeforAiur said:
" Probably Vinny or Brad. I love the fact that Brad loved Shattered memories, and appreciated the awesomeness of Dead Space: Extraction (while admitting it's fall-backs). I'm totally the opposite of Ryan though, I find him too dismissive, he talks trash about games without acknowledging their positives, which is something Jeff does ;)    "
I remember Jeff being hung up on the negatives of RDR a while back without acknowledging the positives. Just a little tidbit that doesn't fit with your perception. :)
#48 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -

Vinny's probably closest for me, but as others have said, I don't exactly match up with any of them.

#49 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Jeff, he is bored to hell with strategy and RTS games as am I.

#50 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -
@bearshamanbro said:
" @wolf_blitzer85 said:
" I can appreciate where each person is coming from as that's what makes Giantbomb so great, but Vinny and Dave seem like they just have the most fun when it comes to video games.  In the end, I still love my Giantbomb! "
I agree with this. I think the reason though is Vinny and Dave don't have to review games, they can play games more like the rest of us do. Ryan, Jeff, and Brad probably have a pile of games they have to go through so it's more of a job for them. "
That's pretty much how I feel. Those three dudes have a ton of experience and I in no way question their knowledge, but it seems like that experience has kind of affected how they view video games nowadays. Like you said, it's more of a job.

Dave and Vinny share that feeling of amazement and wonder when playing a game for the first time, and that's what makes it more fun to watch. Kinda like two 15 year olds who got a hold of a copy of GTA IV or something.