Wii Mini Working with Ethernet Adapter?

SniperXan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SniperXan

I was taking a look at one of the Wii Mini's we have at work (Game Store) and it certainly has a USB port. But I can't find any confirmation as to if the adapters work like mentioned as a possibility on the Bombcast. Has anyone heard anything more about this? The system looks real awesome and it would be a neat way to finally play catchup on all the old Wii games I've been messing around with but no Internet might be a deal breaker...for some reason.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By colourful_hippie

No idea but I'm more curious as to why no internet is a deal breaker. Is Super Smash Bros Brawl's multiplayer that enticing?

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BionicRadd

If you wanted a Wii, you could probably find one for 99 bucks that isnt gimped all to hell. Might as well get one with Gamecube support, since there are probably more good Gamecube than Wii games.

SniperXan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SniperXan

Well I own a Gamecube and...two games for it and I just kinda like the look of the new one. I really don't know why no internet is a deal breaker to be honest... guess I just want the option to check out the shop at some point. Honestly I can continue without a Wii and be happy as a clam, but this new one looks cool and would look nice under my TV

I'm the worst kind of person >_<

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By musubi

@SniperXan said:

Well I own a Gamecube and...two games for it and I just kinda like the look of the new one. I really don't know why no internet is a deal breaker to be honest... guess I just want the option to check out the shop at some point. Honestly I can continue without a Wii and be happy as a clam, but this new one looks cool and would look nice under my TV

I'm the worst kind of person >_<

There is NO reason to care about internet on the Wii seriously. None. You aren't missing out on game patches or anything really unless you really wanted to download some games off the eShop other than that ZERO reason to care.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Dixavd

The only reason to care for the internet in the WiiU is for the Virtual Console stuff - but if you care enough about them to start to make a collection of them then you might as well just get a WiiU (can play all Wii games, will be getting new games, and won't have the problems many are having where they can't move their VC collection to a WiiU).

If you don't care for the VC then the online isn't important (although for me, the gamecube ports might be - still I have a Wii which I enjoy playing and don't need a more portable one as I don't go on business trips or anything).

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By jasonefmonk

I'd be interested to know if it works too, but if they don't intend on letting you online, the Shop channel probably won't be in there anyways. It's too bad. I agree that the only compelling reason to have a Wii online is Virtual Console. My Wii is a catalogue of my old Nintendo games. Save for a few N64 games I can't get (Rare), it has all my favourites and even helps catch me up on classics I've missed (SNES games, and SMB: The Lost Levels).

The strategy to buy a like-new Wii and even a few games for the same $99 price seems like the better option. I understand if someone just wants to play a couple first-party games and move on though.

Edit: Also, slot loading disc drives 'till the day I die. I just love them so much.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By fattony12000
No Caption Provided
coolbot22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I happen to own a wii mini red I tryed with a third party usb Ethernet adapter and it didn't even pick up the device so it's completely blocked from accessing the internet