Posted by rm082e (200 posts) 11 months, 19 days ago

Poll: Would You Like Matt Rorie On Every Week As A Permanent Bombcaster? (158 votes)

Yes 56%
No 45%

I thought having Matt on the show last week was great. Matt laughs a lot, and that's something I've felt has been missing since Ryan passed. Ryan was great at reacting to the jokes Vinny and Jeff would throw out, and without him, it feels like there's some empty space that needs to be filled.

I also want to hear more about PC stuff and MMOs. Rorie seems to be the only member of the team who's into that stuff. I appreciate his perspective.

#1 Posted by aurahack (2271 posts) -

I'm sure there are reasons why he isn't (see: not actually being a Giant Bomb staff member and having a busy schedule) but I would love it. He has a really infectious personality (and laughter) that I always love hearing.

That and I mean, who else is Jeff going to have a conversation with about the Dog Channel.

#2 Edited by TwinkleTwinkle (27 posts) -

I would love him to be on, not that I don't like Drew of course but nobody is like Matt.

#3 Posted by FLStyle (4707 posts) -

Rorie's interests are the opposite of mine in some cases so whenever the conversation turns to something like fighting games or Final Fantasy XIV I either get frustrated at what he has to say or he's nothing to add.

If we're talking a 5 man podcast then hell yeah let's do it he would be a good addition, but I wouldn't sacrifice Jeff, Vinny, Brad or Drew's spot for him.

#4 Posted by csl316 (8692 posts) -

Everytime this is asked, I'll just say infinite yeses.

#5 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1329 posts) -

I love Matt and Drew, but I feel like Giantbomb really needs someone who can do what Ryan did, on the podcast and in general. I know that is a tall order and it's incredibly hard to find someone who can do those things and still fit in really well. But I just feel like the quality of everything has gone down significantly, which is understandable and totally expected. I know filling that void will take a long time and obviously you can never replace someone like Ryan, but that's just how I feel about all this.

#6 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

I'd love it but Rorie himself doesn't want to because he already does that stupid movie podcast, as if that was more important than the Giant Bombcast.

It really sucks but that's just how it is guess.

#7 Edited by Samael2138 (233 posts) -

He was saying in the GTA online stream chat that he doesn't want to spend that much time podcasting. The average Bombcast is close to 3 hours, thats nearly half a work day, plus he does the movie podcast. Not that I don't want him to be on the podcast, but I can totally understand his reasoning.

Edit: Yes=73%

No=30%

Total=103%..............Haven't we been over this before? You can't have more than a 100%!!!!!!!!!, lol

#8 Posted by ottoman673 (517 posts) -

Nah.

He doesn't want to, why should he feel obliged?

#9 Edited by rm082e (200 posts) -

Nah.

He doesn't want to, why should he feel obliged?

He doesn't have to if he doesn't want to. I was just wondering what listeners thought. I figured maybe some feedback might be useful to the guys. If Matt isn't interested, that's fine - I'll enjoy him when he is on. :)

#10 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

I'd love to have him on because I think he provides a perspective on areas the other guys don't really get involved in, but if he doesn't want to then I'm not going to suggest he should be conscripted into service.

#11 Posted by tooPrime (344 posts) -

I think he would need to round out his video game playing, but he probably has more validity than Drew.

#12 Posted by Veektarius (4840 posts) -

I'd love it but Rorie himself doesn't want to because he already does that stupid movie podcast, as if that was more important than the Giant Bombcast.

It follows his pattern of arbitrarily doing things or not doing things because of other things that aren't very closely related or pertinent to the thing he's doing or not doing.

#13 Edited by Buble (76 posts) -

I want GB to steal the Mcelroy brothers from Polygon. Is that an option?

#14 Posted by csl316 (8692 posts) -

Box Office Bomb is great and forces me to keep up on movies, don't hate.

#15 Posted by Nightriff (5085 posts) -

No, sorry Rorie.

#16 Posted by Humanity (9276 posts) -

So why isn't Rorie on there yet? Is it because of his shameful foot attire?

#17 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I would like that. It's not the end of the earth if he can't/doesn't want to be on the bombcast though.

#18 Posted by HatKing (5954 posts) -

Well, the Bombcast already is barely about video games, so why not? His movie opinions are way, way more informed. So it'd be nice to get that sort of perspective in there when they start talking about 80's action flicks. Rorie is a cool dude. With good stories. That's why Drew works. I mean, he likes video games, but his biggest contributions are his awesome stories. I'm sure Rorie has some cool stuff to share, given his history in the industry.