#1 Posted by Willin (1277 posts) -

So on Patrick's recommendation I bought the running zombies app 'Zombies, Run!' as I wanted to get back into exercising after months of putting it off.

I ran 8km (nearly 5 miles) in 20 minutes. I haven't done anything close to that in YEARS.

I wanted to know if anyone else bought it and what their thoughts were. I think it's amazing despite the kind of steep price. Cannot believe they didn't think of this idea sooner.

More info here.

#2 Posted by lasborg (45 posts) -

The concept sounds really fun. I have downloaded it and am planning to take my first zombie run later today.

#3 Posted by brainwins (251 posts) -

@Willin said:

I ran 8km (nearly 5 miles) in 20 minutes. I haven't done anything close to that in YEARS.

Dude, that's impossible.

#4 Posted by Castiel (2520 posts) -

@brainwins said:

@Willin said:

Dude, that's impossible.

Yep! You can maybe cycle 8km in 20 minutes, but run, no way.

#5 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

@Castiel said:

@brainwins said:

@Willin said:

Dude, that's impossible.

Yeah, I don't think an accelerometer is an accurate way to measure distance.

#6 Posted by JoeBigfoot (106 posts) -

@Castiel said:

@brainwins said:

@Willin said:

Dude, that's impossible.

considering the 10K world record is 26mins, you must be an olympic standard athlete... zombies should never pose you a problem

#7 Posted by BisonHero (6054 posts) -

I'm going to agree with everyone else here, and say that you must have stayed in remarkably good shape if you really haven't been running in years. Whatever the actual figure, good for you for getting some decent exercise and feeling good about it.

I think at my peak when I was actively involved in my school's cross country club, I could run 5km in a little over 20 minutes. Were I to go out for a run tomorrow morning, I would...not be that good.

#8 Posted by Willin (1277 posts) -

Hmm. I am just using the number that my runner app gave me. The number might be wrong due to technical malfunction but that's not the point, the point is I ran really far in a short period of time.

#9 Posted by Nick (650 posts) -

Yeah that's like running 5 4-minute miles in a row, pretty impossible!

#10 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3048 posts) -

Zombies vs the 6 Million Dollar Man

#11 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

In the military we had a test where I ran 3 kilometers in 8 minutes. I also puked my guts out when I got to the finishing line. 8 kilometers in 20 minutes is Olympian material.

#12 Posted by Stache (67 posts) -

Patrick made it sound as if you have to run very quickly, basically sprint to play this game. Can you effectively use this app while jogging or even walking briskly? I would try it out, but it's kind of pricey for an iPhone app.

#13 Posted by RoboRobb (1051 posts) -

I also downloaded the app- It's pretty awesome. The adrenaline rush from being chased by Zombies is pretty unreal.

Considering its hefty price, I still think it's worth it if you're into running. It really makes it exciting whilst listening to music.