Issue with Borderlands

Marduke1913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't know if other people experience this way back when but in games like Fallout 3 or New Vegas, I feel like you could accurately snipe with weapons and get reasonable headshots. I'm saying the sight worked well, even if you didnt have scope. The game mechanics worked so you could line up your shots and expect accuracy.

In borderlands I will be using a scoped weapon, it will be right on someones head, i'll take the shot and it will miss. Its extremely frustrating, I havent played two so I dont know if they fixed this but I really want to get into the series more, play two, and soon play the prequel but they will need to fix this flaw.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I never liked the shooting in Fallout 3. Once I started to actually use VATS and get the perks that helped with VATS, I enjoyed the game much more.

When Borderlands first came out I called it a better shooting Fallout. Little did I know after that first couple of hours I would start to hate the bullet sponge enemies in it. I mean, you can't get a one hit headshot in Fallout either, but typically enemies went down much quicker.

And then you get the weird ass weapons in Borderlands that throw off your accuracy or shoot spread or something, and then oh god the shooting feels horrible.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

It's interesting that you compare it to Fallout 3 and New Vegas, because those games used dice rolls to determine hits. Boderlands' bullets hit where they hit, but they have a spread to them (that's the accuracy stat). The bullet may stray slightly left or right in Borderlands because no guns (if any at all) are 100% accurate in that game. Fallout 3 and New Vegas could be frustrating because you could be right up on someone, be crouched, and completely whiff a clean headshot.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Man, if you never had that problem in Fallout 3 or New Vegas, you definitely weren't playing the same games I was...

The sniper rifles in Borderlands were mostly fine for me. Yes, they would occasionally completely miss, sometimes for no apparent reason, but you have to remember that each weapon is dependent on stats. None of the guns are 100% accurate and will certainly miss part of the time. Just use guns that have a higher accuracy rating. I do recall there being some real janky hitbox issues, but they weren't all that prevalent.

And you probably won't fair much better in BL2. It doesn't have the same hitbox jank, but enemies are much faster and more aggressive in a lot of cases, and scoped weapons are generally harder to use because of that. Also, the aiming doesn't feel as good as in BL1 and there is a lot more recoil and drift all around.