#1 Edited by mwng (944 posts) -

Jumping on the rumor train for at least until E3. Siliconera seems confident enough to report that the 3DS game with possibly the best name in 3DS RPG history is to release outside of Japan. No official word or date yet, so feel free to totally discount this.

If it is true though, reasons to own a 3DS if you're an RPG fanatic sure do seem to be stacking up. And since Squeenix is the publisher, there's a chance of it hitting Europe in at least the same year! Anyone else excited?! Here's some battle music if you aren't yet, maybe re-read the article with it playing or something...

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Yay-ish!

#3 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

I hope this is true. They best keep that name too.

#4 Edited by StarvingGamer (8371 posts) -

Probably hooray!

#5 Posted by mwng (944 posts) -

@immortalsaiyan said:

I hope this is true. They best keep that name too.

I was about to say, if this gets lost in translation, I'm out.

#6 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Huh. This game seems pretty darn cool from what the GB wiki has to say about it. The guy who wrote Steins;Gate wrote this game too. That's pretty cool.

I'm pretty excited for this game now. Here's hoping this doesn't turn out to be false! Also, maybe they could change the name for the English release? Maybe?

#7 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

Huh. This game seems pretty darn cool from what the GB wiki has to say about it. The guy who wrote Steins;Gate wrote this game too. That's pretty cool.

I'm pretty excited for this game now. Here's hoping this doesn't turn out to be false! Also, maybe they could change the name for the English release? Maybe?

You want the name changed? it is is such glorious nonsense. I bet it gets altered either way.

#8 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

@immortalsaiyan: I appreciate glorious nonsense more than the next guy but if they are going to release it to an English market, they need to change it.

I don't dislike the title. It's funny, but it's bad.

#9 Posted by SMTfan123 (9 posts) -

@superwristbands: Actually, I've heard there's a pretty cleverly placed spoiler in the title. Also, "Brave" and "Default" stand for important parts of the battle system.

#10 Posted by RazielCuts (2974 posts) -

The name still makes me chuckle. This > Infinite Undiscovery.

#11 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

I don't see why Square-Enix can't announce this already. It seems like a complete afterthought to them like Fire Emblem: Awakening was with Nintendo last year; Totilo basically had to coax an announcement out of Reggie.

#13 Edited by mwng (944 posts) -

Suppose we can scratch the "probably" from the thread title now.

#14 Edited by XenoNick (1450 posts) -

Find it kind of odd that Europe get the game this year yet NA has to wait till 2014. Not complaining mind you.

#15 Edited by mwng (944 posts) -

@xenonick said:

Find it kind of odd that Europe get the game this year yet NA has to wait till 2014. Not complaining mind you.

I'd complain if I were you... And it is odd, maybe the US is getting a dubbed version or something.

Either way, at least it won't be 2 years late and broken, like some 3DS games...

#16 Edited by mrfluke (5266 posts) -

an interesting new game thats gonna fly under the radar because the press is too busy whining over nintendo sequels.....

people are so ready to complain about sequels that new stuff like this just flys under the radar because of the press, and then said press wonders why there is no new IP.

#17 Edited by mwng (944 posts) -

Good news! While the game did get a title change in the west, it retains the best bit about the old title!

It's now called "Bravely Default: Where the Fairy Flies".

#18 Posted by audioBusting (1613 posts) -
@mwng said:

I guess they figured out how to make the title even more confusing.

#19 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@mwng said:

Why did they change that part? That part was the part that made sense!

#20 Edited by mwng (944 posts) -

@ravenlight said:

@mwng said:

Why did they change that part? That part was the part that made sense!

Not anymore!

#21 Edited by JackSukeru (5921 posts) -

They should have called it "Brave by Default" I would have been into that.

Also, it's cool that this is coming out and all, but is it ctually any good? I haven't heard anything about it aside from some early impressions from 8-4.

#22 Posted by Morningstar (2187 posts) -

I'll buy it and play it but man, that art style is the worst. What is it with the japanese and big heads?

#23 Posted by mwng (944 posts) -

@jacksukeru: I've read nothing but positive impressions, and comparisons to ye olde final fantasy, which is enough to get me excited. (Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places for criticism).

There's an import review on Japanator if you're interested.

#24 Edited by maskedarcstrike (701 posts) -

@mwng said:

@jacksukeru: I've read nothing but positive impressions, and comparisons to ye olde final fantasy, which is enough to get me excited. (Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places for criticism).

There's an import review on Japanator if you're interested.

It having a job system alone makes me giddy with excitement.

#25 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6303 posts) -
Moderator Online
#26 Edited by JackSukeru (5921 posts) -

@mwng: I'll check that out, thanks.

Edit: Ok I've now read enough (maybe too much) of that to know I'm in. It seems to be what I hoped it to be from what I've heard hinted at before.

#27 Posted by mwng (944 posts) -

Just a reminder that this is out in Europe THIS FRIDAY!

Train summons for all!

#28 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

Heroic Failure to Pay Gambling Debt Incurred: Fairy on the Lam