#1 Edited by ThatFrood (3460 posts) -

When I try and go into the power room to install the inhibitor, the helmet doesn't go on my head. I've tried shrinking and enlarging it with the teleporters but it hasn't worked.

edit: I've been enjoying this game a lot so far, but man, point and click adventure games.

#2 Edited by emem (2045 posts) -

You have to teleport 3 times (I believe) without teleporting back. If you do that your head shrinks to the right size for the helmet.

#3 Edited by ThatFrood (3460 posts) -

Damnit! I could have sworn I did exactly that! Thanks man.

edit: welp, as it so happens, I did do exactly that. My game may be glitched?

#4 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1387 posts) -

This is a weird puzzle, I've gone through all the teleporters that I think exist (3) and still it doesn't give the helmet.

Are there other teleporters around the ship that don't link to the central teleport room that I've missed? There's the 3 and the one in the middle is the last one that will shrink your head and take you to the area you need to go with the helmet.

I dislike how there's zero feedback from the game on how your progressing in this puzzle, just the same statement every time I fail it. :(

#5 Posted by ThatFrood (3460 posts) -

@djjoejoe: yeah, I think it may be glitched for some people. I've shrunk my head twice (ie I went through a teleporter without going back through its complement), and then took the middle one to the power chamber. No dice.

#6 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1387 posts) -

Yea I guess I'll stop playing for a while or something, kinda a bummer.

#7 Posted by Saethir (355 posts) -

@djjoejoe: The machine never gives you a helmet. You get it in a different room

#8 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (1292 posts) -

Dear diary, today I learned that if I can't solve an adventure game puzzle, I should just assume it's a glitch.

#9 Posted by ThatFrood (3460 posts) -

@djjoejoe said:

Yea I guess I'll stop playing for a while or something, kinda a bummer.

Ah, looks like someone else has already mentioned, but yeah you need to grab the baby suit from the junk room

Dear diary, today I learned that if I can't solve an adventure game puzzle, I should just assume it's a glitch.

much appreciated

#10 Edited by MasterRain (334 posts) -

Wow I thought this game was so easy people would be complaining, its basically a beautiful graphic novel that you just progress through.

#11 Edited by RollingZeppelin (2256 posts) -

@thatfrood: Did you end up trying the baby helmet?

#12 Posted by ThatFrood (3460 posts) -

@rollingzeppelin said:

@thatfrood: Did you end up trying the baby helmet?

yep no worries. that's actually what I was trying to do initially but as it turned out I got the teleporter order all-fucked. the puzzle was good my execution was poor.

Really enjoyed part 1 and looking forward to part 2 a lot.