With the Broken Age Beta coming tomorrow...NO SPOILERS

• 77 results
golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Who here on GB is a backer? I've never been part of a Beta so I'm curious to see that state of the game after all the documentary episodes.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I am. I'm just in it for the game, so I haven't even looked at any of the documentary episodes. Maybe I'll watch after player, who knows.

Anyway, does anyone know roughly when the game will be available and from where?

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am. I'm just in it for the game, so I haven't even looked at any of the documentary episodes. Maybe I'll watch after player, who knows.

Anyway, does anyone know roughly when the game will be available and from where?

They sent out an email to backers today with details about everything.

SpoogeMcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I'm in, though I'm the exact opposite of @beachthunder and I got it mainly for the documentaries since I enjoy that kind of stuff(and its been worth it for me). But the game looks good so I'm looking forward to it. I think the last point and click adventure I played through for more than a few minutes was Day of the tentacle so hoping this is as fun.

They should be sending out the codes for Steam sometime tomorrow or late tonight if they do it at midnight.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

The reaction to the beta is going to be very interesting. Hopefully the game is both good, and that backers recognize it for that without jumping on it for not meeting heightened, crowdfunding-fueled expectations.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Just from what ive seen of the documentary I suspect the game will be almost done by the time it hits "beta"

It wont be early beta or anything crazy from what I can tell of their timeline.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in, though I'm the exact opposite of @beachthunder and I got it mainly for the documentaries since I enjoy that kind of stuff(and its been worth it for me). But the game looks good so I'm looking forward to it. I think the last point and click adventure I played through for more than a few minutes was Day of the tentacle so hoping this is as fun.

They should be sending out the codes for Steam sometime tomorrow or late tonight if they do it at midnight.

I didn't think they'd release at midnight. If that's the case I'll be looking out for that.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can't even decide if I want to play Act 1 when it comes out tomorrow, or just wait on it and play the whole thing when it all comes out.

I'm sure Double Fine found a reasonable point for the first act to conclude, but I'm afraid it might run into the same problem as Burial at Sea, where you'd rather just play both parts in one big sitting, instead of stopping halfway through and waiting for like 6 months to see the rest of it.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By BeachThunder

I can't even decide if I want to play Act 1 when it comes out tomorrow, or just wait on it and play the whole thing when it all comes out.

Is the beta of Act 1 the full version of Act 1?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should have noted this above, but I actually backed with enough to get a physical copy of the game, so I won't actually be downloading the first act.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm a backer, but I'll wait until part 2 is released so I can play the whole game. I always wait for all episodes of a game being released until playing it.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero said:

Is the beta of Act 1 the full version of Act 1?

I think so. That was at least like it with Broken Sword 5. Also I don't even know if beta fits this even anymore since this game or this part should normally totally be complete since it was supposed to be released this month anyway. But I will guess and find out tomorrow. Even though I am still not keen on the artstyle I will see how it ends.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I thought they were doing steam early access? Is that not the case now? Game looks pretty cool. Will be a good get once it goes on sale.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought they were doing steam early access? Is that not the case now? Game looks pretty cool. Will be a good get once it goes on sale.

Backers get early access to the beta version of each act. Others get access to them at later dates.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By probablytuna

I was crazy to have backed the $150 tier but I haven't checked out any of the documentaries. I think that tier comes with a physical copy of the documentary series? So I'll probably watch it when that arrives. Also not sure if I want to play the beta first or wait until both acts are released.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By mike

I sort of wish this game is broken on release. Just imagine the headlines, endless possibilities!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#17  Edited By StarvingGamer

Sooo excited!

I love the documentary and since future documentary episodes are going to assume you've already played part one, I guess I have no choice but to dive right in.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoilers :

AERIS DIES.

The princess is in another castle

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

@demoskinos: I just read the email and it says that they're not doing Early Access anymore. When Act 1 is done they will release it as a finished product with Act 2 as a free upcoming update. A bit like Walking Dead season 2 I guess.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: I just read the email and it says that they're not doing Early Access anymore. When Act 1 is done they will release it as a finished product with Act 2 as a free upcoming update. A bit like Walking Dead season 2 I guess.

Huh weird. I guess they got their funding issues sorted out then?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After seeing it at the VGX this year, Im regretting that I didnt back it... I think Im just going to wait for both parts to come out anyway, so I guess it doesnt really matter. Hopefully both parts are out before the end of the year.

Landmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Backed it, really looking forward to it.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yup. Gonna play.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ripelivejam

@mb: what a broken age game this turned out to be

e: oh, that was intentional on your part. b'oh. :(

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@demoskinos: I mean, they're still selling it before the entirety of the game is completed, kinda like the Telltale games. But now it has a different label on it s'all.

I'm excited to watch the entire documentary once the game's been released. I only watched the first couple of episodes but stopped keeping up with it.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The documentaries are so good that even if the game sucks, I'll be very happy for backing it.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm a backer and I've loved every minute of the documentary. Can't wait!

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I am a backer. Been catching up on the documentary episodes I missed, and getting excited about the game. Episode 12 of the documentary is awesome.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm a backer and I've loved every minute of the documentary. Can't wait!

This!

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I backed it but I'm going to wait for the full thing.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By abendlaender

I'm a backer. Don't care that much about the documentary but I can't wait for the beta.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

The reaction to the beta is going to be very interesting. Hopefully the game is both good, and that backers recognize it for that without jumping on it for not meeting heightened, crowdfunding-fueled expectations.

Managed expectations are exactly what I expect from this.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I ended up falling behind on the documentary episodes, but I enjoyed what I saw. I too feel I've already gotten my money's worth with that level of access to Double Fine's creative process, but I only paid 15 so curious how those who are more deeply invested will feel about the final product.

Time to check my inbox every fifteen minutes or so.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DonPixel

Story driven game... Why does this game needs a beta? Why would you spoil yourself the experience with a half baked version?

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I am. i'm going to wait for the final version. i stopped watching the documentary at a certain point in development. I'll see it sometime anyway.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donpixel said:

Story driven game... Why does this game needs a beta? Why would you spoil yourself the experience with a half baked version?

It is not even a real beta. The game is like 2 weeks away from an actual release. This is for small bugfixing and to let the backers feel special. Nothing more.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok game is now available just go to your humble Bundle page and redeem your steam key.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I backed it and haven't gotten an email yet.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikey87144: I was a slacker backer, so I'm not sure if it's quite the same for you if you backed through Kickstarter, but I have yet to receive an email myself. However, I checked my account on Humble Bundle's site and had a Steam Key ready to redeem there. Maybe try to see if that works for you? I know the email sent last night mentioned they would send a link to backer's that would lead to the Humble Bundle site itself.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I just saw on the Kickstarter page that i mistyped my email. Instead of gmail it said gmaik. I wonder who I have to contact to get the code.

WasabiCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am interested in the game. But, I would rather have a full game, then half of one.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

anywhereilay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By anywhereilay

I'm interested to hear how this turns out. With this and The Banner Saga, it seems kickstarter is beginning to bear its video game fruits.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By fattony12000
Loading Video...

Spoilers.

The game looks really gorgeous.

Actual maybe light spoilers about a character, not regarding any plot point or puzzle though.

And it's so nice to be able to play as a mixed race (I humbly assume, based upon the physical characteristics of the mother and father; I have no idea if these characters are supposed to human beings, they do look and sound and act like us!) lady in a video game in 2014 for a goddamn change. First thing my partner pointed out when she saw me load up the game.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Darji

@fattony12000: Bah where's my email!?

Just go to the humble bundle page and claim your key there with the email you backed with. Than you should get a key there.

Played it for like 1.5 hours so far and I must say I am pleasantly surprised by it. The only thing that is annoying is that the game kind of freezes when i try to combine stuff of my inventory with stuff on the screen. But that could be just my Pc dying^^

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Propably not a spoiler...

No matter how good this game is, people won't stop talking shit about Kickstarter.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving what I played so far. the art and animation are great.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I just got done playing Shay's side. 10 minutes in I needed to go out and buy ice cream.